So I'm a "Phony Soldier," Rush?

DiogenesDog

Zen Bonobo
May 1, 2006
Wady-Peytona Sector
As Media Matters reported today, Rush Limbaugh, on his show said that those troops who come home and want to get America out of the middle of the religious civil war in Iraq are "phony soldiers." I'd love for you, Rush, to have me on your show and tell that to me to my face.

Where to begin?

First, in what universe is a guy who never served even close to being qualified to judge those who have worn the uniform? Rush Limbaugh has never worn a uniform in his life -- not even one at Mickey D's -- and somehow he's got the moral standing to pass judgment on the men and women who risked their lives for this nation, and his right to blather smears on the airwaves?

More details here.

Please know that I believe that Rush is a class radio act but that class is all fourth.

I had at first considered that perhaps Rush's schtich act was method. Now, however, I must choose on the side of character actor. It is tough to play the buffoon so well over such a great length without even breaking character and having a laugh all around. Rush is right in character, his, all the time. He is a boorish buffoon.

I believe that I say that with great charity. He is less well liked and carries less polite monikers among some of my less charitable friends.

I AM

Same way I felt when Richard Durbin (D), who did not serve in the military, when he was calling the troops in Gitmo, Nazis and comparing them to Pol Pot, etc....
Guys like this have no balls.....

Talk radio is a “Hey, watch me” phenomenon. They sometimes stoop to the level of being a “shock jock” to get people’s attention and to get ratings. Each person has his thing. From Howard Stern to Rush, to Sean Hanity, to Michael Savage and his “Savage Nation”. Even Al Franken tried radio but perhaps he should stick with books. They push the envelope just close enough to please the ratings but not enough to anger the censors.

Talk radio is a “Hey, watch me” phenomenon. They sometimes stoop to the level of being a “shock jock” to get people’s attention and to get ratings. Each person has his thing. From Howard Stern to Rush, to Sean Hanity, to Michael Savage and his “Savage Nation”. Even Al Franken tried radio but perhaps he should stick with books. They push the envelope just close enough to please the ratings but not enough to anger the censors.

I thought you left.

Damn matts, where ya been? Hell, we haven't seen you since .... ummmm.... earlier this week?

:D

Same way I felt when Richard Durbin (D), who did not serve in the military, when he was calling the troops in Gitmo, Nazis and comparing them to Pol Pot, etc....

actually, he didn't compare the troops to nazis or to pol pot, but he did compare the administration's policies to those of nazi germany or pol pot's cambodia...but in this delightful partisan pissing contest, why bother with factual details like that, eh?

DURBIN STATEMENT ON PREVIOUS COMMENTS REGARDING GUANTANAMO BAY

Friday, June 17, 2005

“More than 1700 American soldiers have been killed in Iraq and our country’s standing in the world community has been badly damaged by the prison abuses at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo. My statement in the Senate was critical of the policies of this Administration which add to the risk our soldiers face.”

“I will continue to speak out when I disagree with this Administration.”

“I have learned from my statement that historical parallels can be misused and misunderstood. I sincerely regret if what I said caused anyone to misunderstand my true feelings: our soldiers around the world and their families at home deserve our respect, admiration and total support.”

I have just reviewed all your posts and I find that you have achieved a perfect score for the Ditto Head of the Cycle award for transparency and predictability.

You may pick up your prize in the rear of the assembly at the College Young Republicans Tupperware display.

I AM

actually, he didn't compare the troops to nazis or to pol pot, but he did compare the administration's policies to those of nazi germany or pol pot's cambodia...but in this delightful partisan pissing contest, why bother with factual details like that, eh?

You can tapdance all you want about this Durban asshole....defend him if you must....show your at least as fuckin' stupid as he is....
------------------------

THIS is what came out the the spineless Durban....

"[If I] did not tell you that it was an FBI agent describing what Americans had done to prisoners in their control, you would most certainly believe this must have been done by Nazis, Soviets in their gulags or some mad regime - Pol Pot or others - that had no concern for human beings."

So show me how anything done in Gitmo could ever compare with the Nazis, Pol Pot, or the Gulags.....how can they even been mentioned in the same fuckin breath with US treatment of the captives in Gitmo....?

Only a blind hack could defend this clown....and that makes his defenders blind fucking clowns.....
-----------------------------------------
THIS IS THE POL POT REGIME....2,000,000+ DEAD

All of Cambodia's cities were then forcibly evacuated. At Phnom Penh, two million inhabitants were evacuated on foot into the countryside at gunpoint. As many as 20,000 died along the way.

Millions of Cambodians accustomed to city life were now forced into slave labor in Pol Pot's "killing fields" where they soon began dying from overwork, malnutrition and disease, on a diet of one tin of rice (180 grams) per person every two days.

Workdays in the fields began around 4 a.m. and lasted until 10 p.m., with only two rest periods allowed during the 18 hour day, all under the armed supervision of young Khmer Rouge soldiers eager to kill anyone for the slightest infraction. Starving people were forbidden to eat the fruits and rice they were harvesting. After the rice crop was harvested, Khmer Rouge trucks would arrive and confiscate the entire crop.

Ten to fifteen families lived together with a chairman at the head of each group. All work decisions were made by the armed supervisors with no participation from the workers who were told, "Whether you live or die is not of great significance." Every tenth day was a day of rest. There were also three days off during the Khmer New Year festival.

Throughout Cambodia, deadly purges were conducted to eliminate remnants of the "old society" - the educated, the wealthy, Buddhist monks, police, doctors, lawyers, teachers, and former government officials. Ex-soldiers were killed along with their wives and children. Anyone suspected of disloyalty to Pol Pot, including eventually many Khmer Rouge leaders, was shot or bludgeoned with an ax. "What is rotten must be removed," a Khmer Rouge slogan proclaimed.

In the villages, unsupervised gatherings of more than two persons were forbidden. Young people were taken from their parents and placed in communals. They were later married in collective ceremonies involving hundreds of often-unwilling couples.

Up to 20,000 persons were tortured into giving false confessions at Tuol Sleng, a school in Phnom Penh which had been converted into a jail. Elsewhere, suspects were often shot on the spot before any questioning. Ethnic groups were attacked including the three largest minorities; the Vietnamese, Chinese, and Cham Muslims, along with twenty other smaller groups. Fifty percent of the estimate 425,000 Chinese living in Cambodia in 1975 perished. Khmer Rouge also forced Muslims to eat pork and shot those who refused.
=================================
THIS IS THE NAZIS........6,000,000+ DEAD

There is no precise figure for the number of Jews killed in the Holocaust. The figure commonly used is the six million quoted by Adolf Eichmann, a senior SS official. Most research confirms that the number of victims was between five and six million. Early calculations range from 5.1 million (Professor Raul Hilberg) to 5.95 million (Jacob Leschinsky). More recent research, by Professor Yisrael Gutman and Dr. Robert Rozett in the Encyclopedia of the Holocaust, estimates the Jewish losses at 5.59–5.86 million, and a study headed by Dr. Wolfgang Benz presents a range from 5.29–6 million. The main sources for these statistics are comparisons of prewar censuses with postwar censuses and population estimates. Nazi documentation containing partial data on various deportations and murders is also used. We estimate that Yad Vashem currently has somewhat more than four million names of victims that are accessible.
The GULAGS.......MILLIONS

The camps established in the USSR range from 1918 to sometime in the 1950's....and probably beyond....
Its impossible to even estimate the deaths......

You can tapdance all you want about this Durban asshole....defend him if you must....show your at least as fuckin' stupid as he is....
------------------------

THIS is what came out the the spineless Durban....

"[If I] did not tell you that it was an FBI agent describing what Americans had done to prisoners in their control, you would most certainly believe this must have been done by Nazis, Soviets in their gulags or some mad regime - Pol Pot or others - that had no concern for human beings."

So show me how anything done in Gitmo could ever compare with the Nazis, Pol Pot, or the Gulags.....how can they even been mentioned in the same fuckin breath with US treatment of the captives in Gitmo....?

Only a blind hack could defend this clown....and that makes his defenders blind fucking clowns.....
-----------------------------------------
THIS IS THE POL POT REGIME....2,000,000+ DEAD

All of Cambodia's cities were then forcibly evacuated. At Phnom Penh, two million inhabitants were evacuated on foot into the countryside at gunpoint. As many as 20,000 died along the way.

Millions of Cambodians accustomed to city life were now forced into slave labor in Pol Pot's "killing fields" where they soon began dying from overwork, malnutrition and disease, on a diet of one tin of rice (180 grams) per person every two days.

Workdays in the fields began around 4 a.m. and lasted until 10 p.m., with only two rest periods allowed during the 18 hour day, all under the armed supervision of young Khmer Rouge soldiers eager to kill anyone for the slightest infraction. Starving people were forbidden to eat the fruits and rice they were harvesting. After the rice crop was harvested, Khmer Rouge trucks would arrive and confiscate the entire crop.

Ten to fifteen families lived together with a chairman at the head of each group. All work decisions were made by the armed supervisors with no participation from the workers who were told, "Whether you live or die is not of great significance." Every tenth day was a day of rest. There were also three days off during the Khmer New Year festival.

Throughout Cambodia, deadly purges were conducted to eliminate remnants of the "old society" - the educated, the wealthy, Buddhist monks, police, doctors, lawyers, teachers, and former government officials. Ex-soldiers were killed along with their wives and children. Anyone suspected of disloyalty to Pol Pot, including eventually many Khmer Rouge leaders, was shot or bludgeoned with an ax. "What is rotten must be removed," a Khmer Rouge slogan proclaimed.

In the villages, unsupervised gatherings of more than two persons were forbidden. Young people were taken from their parents and placed in communals. They were later married in collective ceremonies involving hundreds of often-unwilling couples.

Up to 20,000 persons were tortured into giving false confessions at Tuol Sleng, a school in Phnom Penh which had been converted into a jail. Elsewhere, suspects were often shot on the spot before any questioning. Ethnic groups were attacked including the three largest minorities; the Vietnamese, Chinese, and Cham Muslims, along with twenty other smaller groups. Fifty percent of the estimate 425,000 Chinese living in Cambodia in 1975 perished. Khmer Rouge also forced Muslims to eat pork and shot those who refused.
THIS IS THE NAZIS........6,000,000+ DEAD

There is no precise figure for the number of Jews killed in the Holocaust. The figure commonly used is the six million quoted by Adolf Eichmann, a senior SS official. Most research confirms that the number of victims was between five and six million. Early calculations range from 5.1 million (Professor Raul Hilberg) to 5.95 million (Jacob Leschinsky). More recent research, by Professor Yisrael Gutman and Dr. Robert Rozett in the Encyclopedia of the Holocaust, estimates the Jewish losses at 5.59–5.86 million, and a study headed by Dr. Wolfgang Benz presents a range from 5.29–6 million. The main sources for these statistics are comparisons of prewar censuses with postwar censuses and population estimates. Nazi documentation containing partial data on various deportations and murders is also used. We estimate that Yad Vashem currently has somewhat more than four million names of victims that are accessible.
The GULAGS.......MILLIONS

The camps established in the USSR range from 1918 to sometime in the 1950's....and probably beyond....
Its impossible to even estimate the deaths......

::yawn::

show me where Durbin conpared our TROOPS to Nazis or to Pol Pot.... that would cool

he was talking about the administration that set the policy for detainee treatment.

duh

No he did not. He talked directly about what an FBI agent claimed occurred by Guards. Pretending other wise may make you feel better but it is not in fact the truth.

Remind me again how other liberals that post on this board haven't also called US troops mass murders, terrorists and "just like Nazi's". And then remind me where you even said one word against their opinion.

Here let me help you out, the two most posted ones being Larkinn and Ruby. Now I will grant that Larkinn just said he didn't mind that Ruby called them these things because in his opinion those words somehow didn't really mean anything special. And of course he played his usual word games about how since a couple soldiers have been tried for murders that meant mass murder ascribed to the entire military applied.

Forum List

Back