So I'm a mean nasty outlaw biker

When I was 18 I was beaten up good by two bikers in a local bar. When I was 30, I ran into one of them in another dive. I'm lucky I wasn't arrested because I beat the shit of the prick. Now that I'm much older I respect the bikers, as I am one. When you do the "hideaway" in Cave Creek, AZ or Hogs and Heat in Rock Springs AZ, you're closer to heaven!

When I was 18 I was beaten up good by two bikers in a local bar. When I was 30, I ran into one of them in another dive. I'm lucky I wasn't arrested because I beat the shit of the prick. Now that I'm much older I respect the bikers, as I am one. When you do the "hideaway" in Cave Creek, AZ or Hogs and Heat in Rock Springs AZ, you're closer to heaven!

when I was 18, I was beaten up by a coupla senior members of the fraternity that I'd signed on to pledge, after I'd soundly beaten their asses at pool and gotten the chicks to notice me at a local bar...

now here we are, 40 years later, and one of those two assholes is now a successful local attorney who, whenever he sees me, greets me like some sort of long-lost brother...

These days, it's not nearly so blatant, but I still see people roll up their windows and lock their doors when I pull along side.
So, I'm a biker. Do you feel threatened? How do you react when me and a few of my friends pull up a stool at your favorite watering hole?
I guess

When you pull up beside me, do you rev your engine as much as you can and scowl at me? Or do you nod and smile?

The initial impression that I have about someone's demeanor is what I have to go on to assess my personal safety. I generally don't go on appearance alone.
If you've just cut me off while talking on your cell phone. I'll be revving my engine until I'm sure you are aware of your surroundings.
If not, and our eyes meet, I'll likely just nod and go back to watching for idiots that are about to run into me.
Now, if you look like the woman in Koshergrl's avatar, damned straight, I'll smile. I ain't dead yet.

Yup, been to the Hideaway, just a couple days after there was a drive by assassination attempt on Sonny, 2003. Also used to hang out at the Steel Horse and Hardtails on Bell Avenue. Didn't live but a few blocks east of the Steel Horse in the apartments on the corner of Bell and Central. That was while I was going to Motorcycle Mechanics Institute in Deer Valley for Harley Davidson Tech. One of the most fun year and a halves I've ever spent in my life, but I was ready to get the hell otta Phoenix. What a freagin' frying pan!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back