So Illinois sends me a $1,500 sales tax bill on a car I paid $1,400 for

We're talking a 1998 Chevy Cavalier Z24 here...

Oh that's not even the best part - Illinois refused to issue me license plates because there was something wrong with the title... The kicker is that the car blew a rod on I-94 (expressway) and a "wrecker company" took the fucking thing before I had a chance for it to be towed (3 hrs later)... And this was months ago (July?).... I just got the sales tax bill now..

They didn't even issue me plates and I didn't even buy the car in Illinois - I bought the fucking thing in Wisconsin to make it even more messed up...

How the hell can you tax a person on a 1,400 dollar car 1,500 on a car that was reject for plates??

And this is the kind of SNAFU that makes people loathe government.

Obviously it is a SNAFU, and undoubtably it is going to be a pain in your ass trying to correct it.

My condolances

I'm not paying them - the car is not legally mine..

When I went to transfer the title - they rejected it - they refused to issue me an Illinois title. Hence I never was even given permanent plates...

Now they want me to pay taxes on a car they didn't even acknowledge as legit?

I suppose this is how Illinois fixes their 8 billion dollar deficit...

Just a thought, consider signing up with AAA or Allstate Motor club. The cost of 1 or 2 tows pays for it, and you won't be left hanging. I hope they do not charge you storage. ;) Yes, it is a racket.

Seriously- the Problem Solver at the Tribune. Whatcha got to lose?

Hey better yet, tell the story to columnist John Kass at the Tribune.

This is a better story..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lupF3XCtFzk]Tased Execution Style at Home... (Full Video) - YouTube[/ame]

We're talking a 1998 Chevy Cavalier Z24 here...

Oh that's not even the best part - Illinois refused to issue me license plates because there was something wrong with the title... The kicker is that the car blew a rod on I-94 (expressway) and a "wrecker company" took the fucking thing before I had a chance for it to be towed (3 hrs later)... And this was months ago (July?).... I just got the sales tax bill now..

They didn't even issue me plates and I didn't even buy the car in Illinois - I bought the fucking thing in Wisconsin to make it even more messed up...

How the hell can you tax a person on a 1,400 dollar car 1,500 on a car that was reject for plates??

Call the police and report that the car was stolen by the "wrecker company".
Add in that the "wrecker company" has a habit of stealing cars with temporary plates and using them for running drugs across state lines.
Be sure to mention that you think they hire illegal aliens to drive the cars whilst running the drugs.

Yeah I remember that from the other thread. Sad story man.

Ex-murder suspect sues police, alleges cops forced false confession - Chicago Tribune

^^ that is even more sad and all the tribune could write is a blurb about it.

BTW, the same cop that was shown in that video arguing and invading my parents home is the same cop being accused of beating the confession out of this guy in the article..

Yeah, he was only in prison for 3 years on charges of murdering his daughter despite the fact the cops and DA knew he didn't via DNA testing 3 years prior but held him in prison anyways and continued to pursue the death penalty anyways..

Last edited:
Seriously- the Problem Solver at the Tribune. Whatcha got to lose?

Hey better yet, tell the story to columnist John Kass at the Tribune.

This is a better story..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lupF3XCtFzk]Tased Execution Style at Home... (Full Video) - YouTube[/ame]

Fucking Bastards!

Well this is how it works here in Lake County Illinois...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8URh54cV5MM]Mundelein Man Tasered by Cops - YouTube[/ame]

This is from a town right next to the one you saw in the video. Literally 10 minutes away..

I actually grew up in Mundelein ...

All they do is tase people around here...

Geez one of my kids lives in M'lein.
Oh- and he's not a cop. :)

Hope not...

Generally only a bad mother would raise a person who wants to be a cop..

90% of cops want to be the bully when they were the bullied...

OH this cop says he will "blow this guys brains out" for owning a legal gun..

Then he arrests him..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kassP7zI0qc]Dash Cam: Canton PD "Notification" Arrest & Officer Goes Berserk / Threatens - YouTube[/ame]

Go to about 6minutes...

Then he goes batshit ..

Last edited:

Forum List

Back