So If You Encountered a Business Being Picketed By Gays...

Would you cross that picket line?

• Total voters

SAYIT

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2012
If you encountered a business being picketed by gays who were denied service, would you cross the picket line to do business with that biz?

That would depend on what I might have been shopping for at the time.

The temptation would be great, however, to check whether the business has anything for which I might one day find a use.

If you encountered a business being picketed by gays who were denied service, would you cross the picket line to do business with that biz?

There are no businesses that I know of that deny service to gays. That's just it, the whole debate this week is over an imaginary situation.

Why not? Their business and complaint doesn't have to be everyone's business and complaint. To each their own, as the saying goes. Live and let live. Do gays have some special cause that's beneficial to everyone? If so, what is it?

Why not? Their business and complaint doesn't have to be everyone's business and complaint. To each their own, as the saying goes. Live and let live. Do gays have some special cause that's beneficial to everyone? If so, what is it?

If they discriminated against people with the name of Sonny would you like to have the support of people not named Sonny help penalize them by making the business lose money?

There are no businesses that I know of that deny service to gays. That's just it, the whole debate this week is over an imaginary situation.
Just another Sandra Fluke issue in which the R's took the bait, hook, line and sinker, to the gut.

If they discriminated against people with the name of Sonny would you like to have the support of people not named Sonny help penalize them by making the business lose money?

If the business actually discriminated against people with the name Sonny ... Then Sonny wouldn't really have a choice as to whether or not he supported them.
Whether or not other people support the business is better defined by their support of people named Sonny ... Not whether or not Sonny would like it.

If the business actually discriminated against people with the name Sonny ... Then Sonny wouldn't really have a choice as to whether or not he supported them.

What did that have to do with my question?

Not really. If they don't want my business, another business will gladly take it. I don't believe any store is unique unless it's a mom and pop operation. My money will be good in another store. Plenty of businesses want the money in order to stay open.

Not really. If they don't want my business, another business will gladly take it. I don't believe any store is unique unless it's a mom and pop operation. My money will be good in another store. Plenty of businesses want the money in order to stay open.
I agree with your mindset but you arent thinking big picture. The point of picketing/boycotting is to bring attention to the grievance. If no one brings this to the public's attention then the business gets away with discriminating against you. If you let it go they do it to another person.

Just like I wouldnt spend my money at an establishment that discriminated against Blacks, Mexicans, women etc
Would you boycott a place that discriminated against whites, like Waffle House in certain 'hoods?
I'd just avoid them and keep moving. I wouldn't need to do anything, time would take care of it for me.

Business is business ... There are businesses that focus on business and those that get confused and think politics is their business.

Forum List

Back