So I was Reading the Libertarian Platform again and...

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
*I Posted this in "Politics"... Why it is in "Health and Lifestyle Physical, Mental, Relationship Issues" is beyond me, but until someone Explains why it was Moved to the Cellar out of Sight, I'm not Interested...

Platform | Libertarian Party

1.4 Abortion

Recognizing that abortion is a sensitive issue and that people can hold good-faith views on all sides, we believe that government should be kept out of the matter, leaving the question to each person for their conscientious consideration.

---

It Seems to me that they Conveniently Sidestepped that one...

I am Curious as to why?

Abortion Stops a Human Heartbeat, which I Believe would fall under this:

"We hold that all individuals have the right to exercise sole dominion over their own lives, and have the right to live in whatever manner they choose, so long as they do not forcibly interfere with the equal right of others to live in whatever manner they choose."

^Abortion would Certainly Stop that for the Individual being Aborted.

Maybe this is a little More Clear:

"People should not be forced to sacrifice their lives and property for the benefit of others."

Interesting... Abortion for the Convenience of the "Mother" is the Overwhelming "Justification" for almost ALL Abortions.

I would like some Libertarians to Fill the Gaps left in their Platform on this Issue.

We can get to the Special Section given to the Sexually Deviant in this Platform at another Time.

:)

peace...

Last edited:

1.4 Abortion

Recognizing that abortion is a sensitive issue and that people can hold good-faith views on all sides, we believe that government should be kept out of the matter, leaving the question to each person for their conscientious consideration.

---

I am Curious as to why?

"We hold that all individuals have the right to exercise sole dominion over their own lives, and have the right to live in whatever manner they choose, so long as they do not forcibly interfere with the equal right of others to live in whatever manner they choose."

"People should not be forced to sacrifice their lives and property for the benefit of others."

Interesting... Abortion for the Convenience of the "Mother" is the Overwhelming "Justification" for almost ALL Abortions.

I would like some Libertarians to Fill the Gaps left in their Platform on this Issue.

We can get to the Special Section given to the Sexually Deviant in this Platform at another Time.

peace...

I tend to think of myself more libertarian than conservative but even I object to abortion based on morality. I think they sidestepped it because they are stuck in between believing that you shouldn't impose someone's morality onto others VS allowing your own morality be the sole decider of what you do in your life so if you believe that abortion is not immoral as in a form of infanticide then you can do it but what do you do with the people who think it is infanticide?

Abortion is not universally accepted as immoral by all the population as in murder or child molesting so its really hard to decide if this should be illegal based on the idea that people should be left to their own moral devices in life.

Fundamentally, libertarians oppose any ban on abortion. Any moral issue that does not have universal acceptance must be left to the judgment of individuals, for the sake of liberty.

The justification for a ban on abortion can easily be modified to ban alcohol, or any number of practices that a particular religion finds distasteful.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: mal
*I Posted this in "Politics"... Why it is in "Health and Lifestyle Physical, Mental, Relationship Issues" is beyond me, but until someone Explains why it was Moved to the Cellar out of Sight, I'm not Interested...

1.4 Abortion

---

I am Curious as to why?

peace...

Your question is centered on when life begins for legal purposes.

Is a fetus considered a life when the heart starts beating? If so then shouldn't all fetuses be counted in the census? Should all fetuses be given a social security number while still in the womb? Legal rights?

The problem with the abortion issue is that we have not all agreed upon the definition of the terms of the argument. Until that is done there will be ambiguity.

1.4 Abortion

---

I am Curious as to why?

peace...

Is a fetus considered a life when the heart starts beating? If so then shouldn't all fetuses be counted in the census? Should all fetuses be given a social security number while still in the womb? Legal rights?

The problem with the abortion issue is that we have not all agreed upon the definition of the terms of the argument. Until that is done there will be ambiguity.

Saw the eyes and the dimple in my Daughter's cheek before she was Born...

Thanks to Modern Technology.

I know... Every Parent knows... It's a Life in the Womb.

I don't look to "find Agreement" with People who Deny what is.

Fetuses Yawn In '4D' Scans Of Womb, Spotlighting Brain Development (VIDEO)

peace...

1.4 Abortion

---

I am Curious as to why?

peace...

Saw the eyes and the dimple in my Daughter's cheek before she was Born...

Thanks to Modern Technology.

I know... Every Parent knows... It's a Life in the Womb.

I don't look to "find Agreement" with People who Deny what is.

Fetuses Yawn In '4D' Scans Of Womb, Spotlighting Brain Development (VIDEO)

peace...

I will never be in your position as my wife sand I have decided not to have kids.

Personally I think there should be some limits on abortion after the first trimester but I also don't want to force anyone to abide by my opinion on such a personal matter.

Fundamentally, libertarians oppose any ban on abortion. Any moral issue that does not have universal acceptance must be left to the judgment of individuals, for the sake of liberty.

The justification for a ban on abortion can easily be modified to ban alcohol, or any number of practices that a particular religion finds distasteful.

But what about murder? The same could be said about that.

I am pro choice though...

I find anarcho capitalism more consistent in this regard than libertarianism. But I also think that things don't have to be so black and white. Pro-choice doesn't mean you think ripping an 8 monther is fine.

Forum List

Back