So, I turned on Fox News for the first time since Tuesday

I refuse to have this discussiin with you. You've proven in the last couple days that you're not a mind of reason. You should just cross over to the neg button and get it overwith.

Funny thing is I bet you love Hannity and even he has taken up this new position. Getting old does not have to include being stupendoulsy stupid.

I don't love Hannity, I don't listen to Hannity. Either be a Republican and believe in their core values or cross over. To insist that Republicans become just like Democrats is rediculous.

Capitulate or get out?

Therein lies the problem

The key really isn't to give up or compromise core values that we know are essential for America to get back on track and become fiscally sound again without taking away the freedom our Founders intended for us to have. The Founders knew that the Constitution would work only for a people of faith and moral virtue. But they were careful to leave that to the people to work out and did not involve the federal government in social issues of any kind. To do so erodes the freedom and concept of self governance that the Constitution was intended to protect.

The key is in figuring out how to teach and persuade enough Americans or reteach what true liberty looks like. Liberty cannot be one person forced to support another. Liberty cannot be forcing others to adopt a certain moral conviction. But liberty also allows the people to form social contracts that include as much moral conviction or benevolence as they want in their local society. In other words liberty allows us all to be as liberal or conservative as we want to be. But liberty does not include forcing others to be like we are which is why the federal government should not ever be involved in that.

We desperately need term limits and publically financed campaigns

Idiot!

Terms limits do not work. Just look at California. Sacramento is a mess. Elected officials end up lame ducks and have different interests than those who elected them.

jesus, you people are fucking stupid

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong. - H. L. Mencken

The GOP walked into the biggest electoral sucker punch of all time - with an unemployment rate at 8%, they let themselves be defined by "legitimate rape", "women's health", abortion and gay rights. They fucked up so badly on the social issues that their absolutism even overshadowed the fuckin' economy.

The only thing more astounding will be if they refuse to see it.

That's bullshit and you know it. The media painted the Republicans that way just like they painted Romney as an evil rich white felon,murderer,morom,and moron. It's what you do. So fuck you, you voted for failure, you'll get failure and you deserve failure. I'm going to enjoy watching it.

ummm..... Mac is not a kool aid drinking Lefty like myself. :afro: BTW- Did he say who he voted for?

Last edited:
Choose. Do you want to be a Democrat or do you want to be a Republican? The two ideologues are 180 degrees different. You get to choose between a nation of dependency or a nation of personal responsibility. If that's too hard draw a straw.

So you're happy with a large amount of public perception being that republicans are only friendly to white males with money who are religious? I'm sure not.

It's not even pandering to certain demographics either. Immigration is a problem that mostly affects Latinos. Latinos should be firmly in the GOP corner because they're generally hard workers with religious values. Crafting a message that pushes for easier legal immigration and path to citizenship goes a long, long way toward expanding the base and solving a problem at the same time. This nation was built by welcoming hard working, disenfranchised immigrants that will work hard and become valuable members of society. Latino immigrants are largely just that. That, and they're the most rapidly expanding voting demographic.

Primetime line up.

All I'm hearing is throwbacks to the republican politicians of the 60's thru 80's.

I'm hearing hosts who for some reason think we are still in the old days when whitey ruled the political scene and everyone that voted voted on two or three issues.

Times have changed people. Demographics have changed even more. What fucking part of that are you not getting? Everyone is acting like its a bad thing to broaden our base.

We don't have to give away the kitchen sink to appeal to more people. And if you think we do then we're doomed as a nation anyways.

Aspouse our core fiscal issues and leave the damn social issues in the bedroom.

Secondly EVERYONE should support MAJOR campaign finance reform. All this money corrupts our system.

I'm just really dismayed at the reaction many are having to our loss. Its only the end of the world if we don't learn from our mistakes.

What disturbs me the most is many republicans here have confirmed my suspicion that their plan seems to be to contribute to the problem until its so bad that they get power back.

Total scumbag behavior.

Kind of similar to what the Democrats did to George W. Bush.

Idiot!

Terms limits do not work. Just look at California. Sacramento is a mess. Elected officials end up lame ducks and have different interests than those who elected them.

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong. - H. L. Mencken

Dante is largely ignorant on most topics, but I will agree here.

Unaccountable lame ducks are dangerous, as we will witness under Obama.

Primetime line up.

All I'm hearing is throwbacks to the republican politicians of the 60's thru 80's.

I'm hearing hosts who for some reason think we are still in the old days when whitey ruled the political scene and everyone that voted voted on two or three issues.

Times have changed people. Demographics have changed even more. What fucking part of that are you not getting? Everyone is acting like its a bad thing to broaden our base.

We don't have to give away the kitchen sink to appeal to more people. And if you think we do then we're doomed as a nation anyways.

Secondly EVERYONE should support MAJOR campaign finance reform. All this money corrupts our system.

I'm just really dismayed at the reaction many are having to our loss. Its only the end of the world if we don't learn from our mistakes.

It's all a waste of time. The system is corrupted beyond repair. our leaders, no matter what party they are from, can think and plan no further ahead than the next election Cycle. They simply do not have the will to make the tough choices that need to be made.

The system is NOT beyond repair.

Attitudes and egos are beyond repair.

Change the laws to limit ALL elected political offices to ONE (1) term, so no free-loading son-of-a-bitch would strive and corrupt themselves for the sake of re-election.

This may or may not fix the problem, but at least it would reduce the risk for re-electing corrupt free-loading assholes.

Idiot!

I don't think many realize how dangerous he is to the fabric of what made this nation great. It's not intentional on his part. We can all pick apart his policies and argue the right course but I truly believe that he is a victim of his own upbringing and the ideology he "matured" around. It's ingrained in him.

He was reelected obviously... but I'd bet if one were able to speak directly to him, you would get a whole different view from him as to why he thinks he was reelected. It would be in direct contrast to the reality and facts as to why and how he was reelected. He lives in an insular bubble.

Last edited:
Choose. Do you want to be a Democrat or do you want to be a Republican? The two ideologues are 180 degrees different. You get to choose between a nation of dependency or a nation of personal responsibility. If that's too hard draw a straw.

So you're happy with a large amount of public perception being that republicans are only friendly to white males with money who are religious? I'm sure not.

It's not even pandering to certain demographics either. Immigration is a problem that mostly affects Latinos. Latinos should be firmly in the GOP corner because they're generally hard workers with religious values. Crafting a message that pushes for easier legal immigration and path to citizenship goes a long, long way toward expanding the base and solving a problem at the same time. This nation was built by welcoming hard working, disenfranchised immigrants that will work hard and become valuable members of society. Latino immigrants are largely just that. That, and they're the most rapidly expanding voting demographic.

Game, set, match.

Idiot!

why does Dante suddenly feel the need to take a shower?

:redface:

How exactly is the GOP supposed to start including women, Latinos and blacks? Every time a minority Republican runs for office they are immediately demonized and destroyed by any means necessary by the media and the Dems.

The only way the Democrat party can survive is making sure the Republican Party remains the perceived party of whites. They cannot tolerate the GOP getting large votes of minorities. This is why they went balistic against Palin and Herman Cain.

Allen West.. need I say more?

For every Alan West there is an Alan Grayson.

The Right NEVER demonized Grayson to the extent that the Left demonized West.

Primetime line up.

It's all a waste of time. The system is corrupted beyond repair. our leaders, no matter what party they are from, can think and plan no further ahead than the next election Cycle. They simply do not have the will to make the tough choices that need to be made.

The system is NOT beyond repair.

Attitudes and egos are beyond repair.

Change the laws to limit ALL elected political offices to ONE (1) term, so no free-loading son-of-a-bitch would strive and corrupt themselves for the sake of re-election.

This may or may not fix the problem, but at least it would reduce the risk for re-electing corrupt free-loading assholes.

Or go with Plan B that I advocate. I think strict term limits can have a downside in having to reteach and reinvent the wheel with each new Congress. We need at least some there who have the necessary memory and sense of history and experience to help us avoid mistakes we don't have to make.

I want a Constitutional amendment that keeps Congress from voting themselves more money and benefits, that requires them to fund their own healthcare and pension plans from their salaries, that doesn't allow them to exempt themselves from any law, and that prevents them from using the people's money to benefit any person, group, entity, or demographic that does not equally benefit all regardless of political party, race/ethnicity, or socioeconomic standing. When they are unable to use their office to increase their personal power, prestige, influence, and personal fortunes, we will again elect true public servants instead of career politicians.

Primetime line up.

You sound like a democrat......

First and foremost stop telling them that we're going to deport them all. The reality is that fiscally we can't anyhow. Its literally not possible.

When Perry talked about the programs he had in his state for the children of illegals Romney shot himself and our chances in the foot by attacking his position.

We don't live in a perfect world where our words don't have consequences

So you would hand out amnesty?

No

I would lock down the borders and grant work visas for those here who haven't commited crimes.

It isn't rocket science.

If our immigration system functioned properly we wouldn't have these problems. Fix it!

And for the record if I was in Mexico I would do everything in my power to get my family into America to give them a future. If we were smart we would try to accomodate the hard working people rather than demonize them.

Our fucking statue of liberty invites them here and we do NOTHING to stop them but then complain when they get here

When a pipe bursts and you have a flood in your basement, the first thing you do, if you are at least half way reasonable, is to shut off the water main.

If you are even half way normal and reasonable, you shut the border so that nobody can cross it. If you need example how to do that, google "IRON CURTAIN".

Should work, since ever since FDR lowered himself to kiss Stalin's ASS, repeatedly, all Democrats admired the Soviet Union and its human and loving ways.

Primetime line up.

You just made Willows day :)

Idiot!

why does Dante suddenly feel the need to take a shower?

:redface:

Because you shat upon youself?

So you would hand out amnesty?

No

I would lock down the borders and grant work visas for those here who haven't commited crimes.

It isn't rocket science.

If our immigration system functioned properly we wouldn't have these problems. Fix it!

And for the record if I was in Mexico I would do everything in my power to get my family into America to give them a future. If we were smart we would try to accomodate the hard working people rather than demonize them.

Our fucking statue of liberty invites them here and we do NOTHING to stop them but then complain when they get here

When a pipe bursts and you have a flood in your basement, the first thing you do, if you are at least half way reasonable, is to shut off the water main.

If you are even half way normal and reasonable, you shut the border so that nobody can cross it. If you need example how to do that, google "IRON CURTAIN".

Should work, since ever since FDR lowered himself to kiss Stalin's ASS, repeatedly, all Democrats admired the Soviet Union and its human and loving ways.

Almost like trust...but verify. The same idea apllied to a different issue. Block then allow when it's done legally and the right way.

Primetime line up.

You just made Willows day :)

No, he didn't. I'm truly saddened by your sudden change.

Forum List

Back