So, I turned on Fox News for the first time since Tuesday

If you wana save the Republican party the very very very first thing you MUST do is, stop watching Fox News...

They gave you Mitt, they gave you McCain and they LOVE to give you God above all else.

Who did you support for President?

I voted for Gary Johnson and would have wrote in Ron Paul. The problem is we keep getting progressives, even Progressives hate Progressives. If you grow Government, education, military, war, welfare, HC you're Progressive.... Both Reps and Dems outdo each other when in power.

It's amazing that people are so blinded by partisanship that they can't look at policies but instead focus on the letter next to the name.

For instance, where was Bush II "conservative" through policy? Not his opinion about God or abortions but actual economic or foreign policy.
On illegal immigration, education, science, War, foreign aid, Education, housing, subsidies and HC Bush and Republicans spent amounts that would make any Progressive proud if he were a Democrat.

Last edited:
I watch both FNC and MSNBC...

Diagnosing the problem:

"I watch both FNC and MSNBC..."

problem diganosed

If I had said that I only watch FNC, you would have said THE SAME THING.

If I had said that I watch only MSNBC, you would have agreed with me.

Obviously, the problem is with you.

This is why you lose arguments and cannot persuade others to agree with you

:eusa_clap:

Capitulate or get out?

Therein lies the problem

Choose. Do you want to be a Democrat or do you want to be a Republican? The two ideologues are 180 degrees different. You get to choose between a nation of dependency or a nation of personal responsibility. If that's too hard draw a straw.

Deal with hispanics and immigration or never win another national election.

CHOOSE

What would you think of the Senate Republicans sponsoring bills to incorporate Puerto Rico, DC, Guam into full statehood? Do you think that would help the GOP standing with Hispanics?

We desperately need term limits and publically financed campaigns

Idiot!

Terms limits do not work. Just look at California. Sacramento is a mess. Elected officials end up lame ducks and have different interests than those who elected them.

jesus, you people are fucking stupid

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong. - H. L. Mencken

California now has a veto proof Democrat legislature and a Democrat Governor Jerry 'Moonbeam' Brown. How long do you think it will be before the State of California files for bankruptcy? Several Californian cities have already done so.

California democrats are convinced that business will flock here just to pay the high taxes.

Primetime line up.

All I'm hearing is throwbacks to the republican politicians of the 60's thru 80's.

I'm hearing hosts who for some reason think we are still in the old days when whitey ruled the political scene and everyone that voted voted on two or three issues.

Times have changed people. Demographics have changed even more. What fucking part of that are you not getting? Everyone is acting like its a bad thing to broaden our base.

We don't have to give away the kitchen sink to appeal to more people. And if you think we do then we're doomed as a nation anyways.

Aspouse our core fiscal issues and leave the damn social issues in the bedroom.

Secondly EVERYONE should support MAJOR campaign finance reform. All this money corrupts our system.

I'm just really dismayed at the reaction many are having to our loss. Its only the end of the world if we don't learn from our mistakes.

Lets see, the immigration bill is stalled in the House and you guys can't go 5 minutes without calling a woman a slut....

What part of the base did you want to broaden?

The old days were BETTER, that's why Fox supports it. If we could rewind society a couple decades we'd all be better off.

Fox isn't doing anything wrong, they're trying to help America see where we are going in the wrong direction libtards.

Primetime line up.

All I'm hearing is throwbacks to the republican politicians of the 60's thru 80's.

I'm hearing hosts who for some reason think we are still in the old days when whitey ruled the political scene and everyone that voted voted on two or three issues.

Times have changed people. Demographics have changed even more. What fucking part of that are you not getting? Everyone is acting like its a bad thing to broaden our base.

We don't have to give away the kitchen sink to appeal to more people. And if you think we do then we're doomed as a nation anyways.

Secondly EVERYONE should support MAJOR campaign finance reform. All this money corrupts our system.

I'm just really dismayed at the reaction many are having to our loss. Its only the end of the world if we don't learn from our mistakes.

Lets see, the immigration bill is stalled in the House and you guys can't go 5 minutes without calling a woman a slut....

I see after being throughly humiliated in the thread about that SLUT you've resorted to digging up and TROLLING old threads. Typical useless moron. Take your ass whippin with dignity fool.

Primetime line up.

I see after being throughly humiliated in the thread about that SLUT you've resorted to digging up and TROLLING old threads. Typical useless moron. Take your ass whippin with dignity fool.

What’s sad is that after more than a year the problem persists:

So, I turned on Fox News…

And that’s a big part of your problem right there.

Perhaps if you and others on the right were to stop doing that, take your heads out of the rightist echo chamber, and predicate your policy positions on facts and evidence as opposed to partisan rightwing dogma, you might actually realize greater success at the polls.

Primetime line up.

One year and two months later, Republicans have learned nothing.

What baffles me is the disconnect between elected Republicans and everyday Republicans in our lives. 75% of Republican voters want Social Security and Medicare. They hate when anybody tries to mess with it because it works. That's why elected Republicans always try to dismantle them in the most sneaky way possible, but it always gets exposed and they have to back down because their voters put them in their place.

And yet, Republican politicians still try to run on dismantling them even though their entire base of support is from old timers who are on those entitlements.

When Republicans did an assessment of their loss in 2012, one of the key things was immigration. Republicans would broaden their base enough to win the White House in 2016 if they were only for a comprehensive reform deal that allows for many illegals who have assimilated to stay here, particularly the children of illegals, who found themselves here through no fault of their own.

But no, Republicans refuse to budge on the issue.

They've lost the popular vote 5 out of the last 6 general elections and they're going to lose 2016 now that Christie has shot himself in the foot.

They only continue to do well in the midterms because Democratic voters are increasingly people under the age of 50 who work a couple jobs and just don't get the importance of the midterms the way old, white voters do who vote every chance they get. That could change this year with Republicans in the House being about as bad as any House has ever been. They don't have a single accomplishment to stand on other than closing down the government, which is still seen as a good thing to a lot of their followers.

Primetime line up.

One year and two months later, Republicans have learned nothing.

What baffles me is the disconnect between elected Republicans and everyday Republicans in our lives. 75% of Republican voters want Social Security and Medicare. They hate when anybody tries to mess with it because it works. That's why elected Republicans always try to dismantle them in the most sneaky way possible, but it always gets exposed and they have to back down because their voters put them in their place.

And yet, Republican politicians still try to run on dismantling them even though their entire base of support is from old timers who are on those entitlements.

When Republicans did an assessment of their loss in 2012, one of the key things was immigration. Republicans would broaden their base enough to win the White House in 2016 if they were only for a comprehensive reform deal that allows for many illegals who have assimilated to stay here, particularly the children of illegals, who found themselves here through no fault of their own.

But no, Republicans refuse to budge on the issue.

They've lost the popular vote 5 out of the last 6 general elections and they're going to lose 2016 now that Christie has shot himself in the foot.

They only continue to do well in the midterms because Democratic voters are increasingly people under the age of 50 who work a couple jobs and just don't get the importance of the midterms the way old, white voters do who vote every chance they get. That could change this year with Republicans in the House being about as bad as any House has ever been. They don't have a single accomplishment to stand on other than closing down the government, which is still seen as a good thing to a lot of their followers.

Primetime line up.

Ahh...I guess our 5 minutes were up.

No WONDER Fox News has failed so badly and will soon be off the air!

LOL. For sure. Fox rocks right along in every time slot netting more market share than all the other cable news channels combined.

It is currently being widely reported that the Republican 'brand' is at its lowest numbers since 1988. Only 25% of Americans identify themselves as Republican down from a high of 34% in 2000 when George W. Bush was elected. This is compared to the 31% who identify themselves as Democrats, down from 36% in 2008 when Barack Obama was elected. The percentage of Americans identifying themselves as Independent are at 42%, the highest point ever. Poll: Percentage of Americans Who Identify as Political Independents Reaches Record High | InTheCapital

So to try to politicize the numbers as devastating for Republicans? I just don't see it. I see the numbers overall as a population who has less and less confidence in political parties to represent them.

And of course the talking heads opine all over the place. The Democxrats and RINOs blame the diminishment of the Republican brand on the far right wing, i.e. Tea Party.

The Tea Party on the other hand is blamng the declining representation in the Republican brand as being due to rejection of the Tea Party ideals and demonization of the Tea Party.

Which is right? There is probably some truth to both points of view, but I know for sure I don't identify with the Republican brand and it sure isn't because I think they've moved too far right.

Forum List

Back