So I stop for smokes...

What are cigarettes going for in New York these days? Our Governor,Bob Taft, was kind enough to slap a 77 cent per pack tax on ours recently. Name brand can go almost five bucks,while generics are 3 or more. Time to seriusly cut back or quit!!! That is very high for Ohio!!! Then they tell ya if you go to Kentucky to buy them ,where they are much cheaper,it's contraband to come back over the border with them.What a joke!!!

Joz said:
Where have you found them only a $5 increase?
Marlboros have gone up $7 a carton, here. If you go to KY each person can bring back 2 cartons, but no more. Worth the trip now. Marlboros there were around $20 a carton. I've had a couple of my customers offer to share the ride. :rolleyes:

I meant they go for almost 5 a pack. A girl at work tols me she paid 4.70 for hers. I smoke this brand USA Gold. They were 2.29 a pack I believe.now they are 2.99,or 30 a carton. I didn't know that you could bring over 2 cartons without getting into trouble. Kev and I are talking about going over soon. 20 for a carton of Marlboro is great,we can handle that. With both of us being smokers,it was bad enough before,now....geeeesh!!! Why do I get the feeling Kentucky's cig sales are about to skyrocket-lol!!!

I'm pretty sure I remember Jim mentioning that cigs are around $10 a pack in NYC now, a little less outside.

It's funny when people up north come down here to visit and buy like 10 cartons to go back with, since a carton's like $40 here, i think.

Jim can quit his bitching - Marlboro are $5.60 a pack here - and in Larchmont NY they are under $5!

Looking at that picture it is not an American bottle of pepsi. so not only is it old but there's no telling what was in it. Even swallowing a small amount of that stuff would probably give you the squirts for a week.

Forum List

Back