So I stop for smokes...

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
on my way home from work. The 'bodega' I stopped at is one of those places you only patronize during daylight hours, unless of course you want to risk your life or vehicle. Nobody inside the place, workers or other customers, speak one single word of English. I figure I'm a little light on drinks at home so maybe I'll grab a Coke or Pepsi for the evening. (You would think working for a beverage company I would have a damn drink in my place). I see this 'retro' looking Pepsi bottle and grabbed it. Looks like a bottle that may have been in fashion back in '65 or so. I pay the damn $1.50 for the bottle, and let's not forget my overpriced NY cigarettes.

I come home, feed dog and cat, sit and relax at my computer. Light a smoke and use my bottle opener to get at my drink. I take a puff and wash it down with what tasted like skunk piss! I'll bet that fucking bottle has been in there since '65!!!! I'd go back and complain but I'm afraid they might slice my throat with the bottle.

Damn, shoulda got the Coke!

Attachments

• $100_0412.JPG
    $100_0412.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 79
jimnyc said:
on my way home from work. The 'bodega' I stopped at is one of those places you only patronize during daylight hours, unless of course you want to risk your life or vehicle. Nobody inside the place, workers or other customers, speak one single word of English. I figure I'm a little light on drinks at home so maybe I'll grab a Coke or Pepsi for the evening. (You would think working for a beverage company I would have a damn drink in my place). I see this 'retro' looking Pepsi bottle and grabbed it. Looks like a bottle that may have been in fashion back in '65 or so. I pay the damn $1.50 for the bottle, and let's not forget my overpriced NY cigarettes.

I come home, feed dog and cat, sit and relax at my computer. Light a smoke and use my bottle opener to get at my drink. I take a puff and wash it down with what tasted like skunk piss! I'll bet that fucking bottle has been in there since '65!!!! I'd go back and complain but I'm afraid they might slice my throat with the bottle.

Damn, shoulda got the Coke!
Dude, you just better hope that it tasted like shit because it was old and not for any other reason! :laugh:

MtnBiker said:
What does that have to do with anything?

Don't live in the Hispanic community...although my heritage is German,Spanish,Italian,Russian and Native American....Like beer and coke with lime in the coconut!.lol :rock:

Joz ain't lying. Somebody obviously stocked what was supposed to be a display Budweiser, from back when they had the printed logo rather than the script. Worst part was, Bud puts the "born on" date on their labels - I didn't need to know I had swallowed beer that was precisely 3 years and 2 months old!

"Skunk piss" is a pretty accurate description!

MtnBiker said:
What does that have to do with anything?

The OP said he bought it in a bodega, so it seemed more likely it could be coke with lime, because drinking coke with lime has long been popular in the Spanish community. Think Cuba Libres in the Eighties. If you thought I meant something more sinister than that, I assure you I did not.

musicman said:
Joz ain't lying. Somebody obviously stocked what was supposed to be a display Budweiser, from back when they had the printed logo rather than the script. Worst part was, Bud puts the "born on" date on their labels - I didn't need to know I had swallowed beer that was precisely 3 years and 2 months old!

"Skunk piss" is a pretty accurate description!

ya get what ya pay for...freebies are a bitch!...lol :rotflmao:

Abbey Normal said:
The OP said he bought it in a bodega, so it seemed more likely it could be coke with lime, because drinking coke with lime has long been popular in the Spanish community.

You know, I did 'accidentally' buy a 12 pack of Coke a few weeks back not realizing it was the one with Lime in it. YuK! That was some nasty shit! I honestly didn't like it, something about the lime kept making me expect to taste a Corona!

jimnyc said:
You know, I did 'accidentally' buy a 12 pack of Coke a few weeks back not realizing it was the one with Lime in it. YuK! That was some nasty shit! I honestly didn't like it, something about the lime kept making me expect to taste a Corona!

maybe it was the "Cuban" cigar you were smoking rather than the lime in the coconut cocacola...I like it taste mighty good when ya can't have a beer............... :cheers2:

Abbey Normal said:
The OP said he bought it in a bodega, so it seemed more likely it could be coke with lime, because drinking coke with lime has long been popular in the Spanish community. Think Cubra Libres in the Eighties. If you thought I meant something more sinister than that, I assure you I did not.

Ah ha, bodega of course. Well said, thanks for setting me straight.

manu1959 said:
how come you all know what skunk piss tastes like?

The actual allusion to which I'm referring came from PBS professional groupie Charlie Rose, who is said to have consumed the piss of many world leaders, along with that of every two-bit actor in Hollywood. Rose once likened Alec Baldwin's urine to "very stale Budweiser or Pepsi"; I just made the connection (Baldwin=skunk) on my own, as did, I'm sure, Jim.

musicman said:
The actual allusion to which I'm referring came from PBS professional groupie Charlie Rose, who is said to have consumed the piss of many world leaders, along with that of every two-bit actor in Hollywood. Rose once likened Alec Baldwin's urine to "very stale Budweiser or Pepsi"; I just made the connection (Baldwin=skunk) on my own, as did, I'm sure, Jim.

ahhhhhhhhhhh trustin a PBS guy....interesting....i now must bring you whole right wing leanings into question

manu1959 said:
ahhhhhhhhhhh trustin a PBS guy....interesting....i now must bring you whole right wing leanings into question

Nah - I just give credit where credit's due; Charlie knows his piss!

manu1959 said:
fair enough....if charlie actually drank piss...i have a whole new respect for charlie

LOL - it'd be like if Al Sharpton wrote a book on the finer points of eating shit - you'd have to believe him!

musicman said:
LOL - it'd be like if Al Sharpton wrote a book on the finer points of eating shit - you'd have to believe him!

maybe we could have a reality show with charlie drinking piss, al eating shit and jesse eating crow....ted kennedy could be the sommelier

manu1959 said:
maybe we could have a reality show with charlie drinking piss, al eating shit and jesse eating crow....ted kennedy could be the sommelier

Then they could cleanse their palates with a nice helping of Hillary pie...

Lord, I apologize...

Forum List

Back