So I met this guy...

... the other night at the Wrinkle Room :)lol:). He's a lot older than me... I don't know exactly, I thought 30 at first (which is old to me) but the more I think about some of the things I said maybe 35 or more. He really got to me... it's hard to explain, he's a good dancer and knows a lot about music (which I love love love) but I still feel weird about it. Anyway, he texted me today and wants to go out tomorrow.... would you go? Should I just ignore him?

And no, not the tow truck driver! :lol:

fuck his brains out for awhile and dump him...or not...you know you want to...my girl is 15 years younger than me...its all good...

LOL... yeah, I was thinking that... but I don't want any drama. I hate breaking up with guys. I have a hard time just cutting guys loose.

You hate drama so you decided to let everyone in on your love life decisions ??:rofl:

35+? He's eyeing you as arm candy and (nearly) jail bait . . . fresh meat, so to speak. Run.

Ya think? He totally didn't come across that way. I'm so confused.

Dear Young Amanda,

Of course he didn't come off as an asshole. Men know how to "play the game" and say what you want to hear. I bet he told you all kinds of sweet things, and told you how lonely he's been since his "divorce." How he can't believe he met someone like you in a 'club', how lucky for both of you! And the things you both have in common! Isn't that great, it must be fate!

Talk to him on the phone a LOT if you think this is something you want to do before you go on a date with him. Make sure you can call him too, anytime you want. If he says you can't call him at night, or he's too busy for calls, that might be a red flag that he may still be married. :eusa_eh:

Like others said on here, go with your gut. But at least try to have your eyes open too.

From your friend,

Echo

That sounds like good advice, I will have to think about it real hard. I just want to go out and have fun so much, waiting is hard, I'm not good at being patient.

Look at it this way.. You think 30 is old? When you're 20, he'll be 37.

Actually, I'm 18... but I'm trying to work out if age really means that much. He said nothing that made me thing "oh, no." it's just the age thing. And he looks younger than 35. I thought 30 tops at first.

When the age gap is that much, it makes a difference; trust me. He's chasing after a child, by comparison. That, in itself is creepy as all hell.

Why does it make a diff?

I ask because that's what I've always said and had "older" people tell me I wasn't being fair.

35 and just divorced...he could be trolling for a piece. You know...prove to himself that he still "has it."

If you go out, no clubs, no alcohol. Keep it simple. Talking. Get to know him. What does he do? Did he have to move back in with his mom? Did he get a divorce and go out and buy a Porsche? How old are his kids?

This will tell you alot about him. But it will also give you time to get over the, "wow, he's kinda cool."

Right now, it seems like the only things you have in common is dancing, music, and drinking.

Where that is fun, it is far from what you need for a meaningful relationship.

Unless you just want a fuck buddy.

... the other night at the Wrinkle Room :)lol:). He's a lot older than me... I don't know exactly, I thought 30 at first (which is old to me) but the more I think about some of the things I said maybe 35 or more. He really got to me... it's hard to explain, he's a good dancer and knows a lot about music (which I love love love) but I still feel weird about it. Anyway, he texted me today and wants to go out tomorrow.... would you go? Should I just ignore him?

fuck his brains out for awhile and dump him...or not...you know you want to...my girl is 15 years younger than me...its all good...

LOL... yeah, I was thinking that... but I don't want any drama. I hate breaking up with guys. I have a hard time just cutting guys loose.

and you dont want no drama ..drama...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W91sqAs-_-g]YouTube - Alanis Morissette "My Humps" video[/ame]

35+? He's eyeing you as arm candy and (nearly) jail bait . . . fresh meat, so to speak. Run.

Ya think? He totally didn't come across that way. I'm so confused.

Dear Young Amanda,

Of course he didn't come off as an asshole. Men know how to "play the game" and say what you want to hear. I bet he told you all kinds of sweet things, and told you how lonely he's been since his "divorce." How he can't believe he met someone like you in a 'club', how lucky for both of you! And the things you both have in common! Isn't that great, it must be fate!

Talk to him on the phone a LOT if you think this is something you want to do before you go on a date with him. Make sure you can call him too, anytime you want. If he says you can't call him at night, or he's too busy for calls, that might be a red flag that he may still be married. :eusa_eh:

Like others said on here, go with your gut. But at least try to have your eyes open too.

From your friend,

Echo

best advice yet.................other than move on....

Simple question to ask yourself... What does someone who is just about old enough to be your father really want, and if he's that wonderful, why's he (supposedly) unattached at 35?

Yeah, I thought about that that night. He said he's recently divorced. Everything he said made sense, and he seems so great. I feel weird about going out with someone so much older, but... OTOH I don't think that age is necessarily the most important thing when finding "the one". He seems so perfect in all ways except the age thing. He didn't try anything with me... except while we were dancing, which sorta made sense. I don't know... I'm usually so good at reading guys, but he was like just so perfect in so many ways that it makes me nervous. Would you at least see him again, or no?

Amanda, don't tell anyone else, but at 35, with 3 kids under 10, in a very contentious divorce, I threw caution to the wind and had a fling with a 25 year old. Did I think for one second it would be a match? We had fun, but when he talked of marriage, I took a powder.

Thank you. I just feel like I could be making a mistake by blowing him off because in my heart I don't think age needs to matter. I've just never been attracted to someone so much older. I'm so confused. :confused:

I don't know what this means... :confused:

To put it bluntly, a guy in a bar will say anything to try and get in your pants.

what's your sign?

churchsign.jpg

i'm actually warren buffet. no, really.

I don't know what this means... :confused:

To put it bluntly, a guy in a bar will say anything to try and get in your pants.

Yeah... I know, but this was different. He wasn't even trying. He was just laid back and friendly. We just seemed to click. I wouldn't have given him my number if I didn't feel so comfortable with him. Does that change anything?

Dear young

Amanda..just promise to be some what gentle with him and still respect him in the morning

your Friend
eots

LOL. Thanks for the reply. Put the hat avi back.

Nothing good can come of it imo ..........

Can you elaborate?

I don't know if you're looking for a relationship, but i'm gonna speculate and say that you aren't just looking for a "good time". You don't wanna end up being the conquest of some dude twice your age. If he's telling the truth and just divorced, he's not looking for another relationship, been there, done that. Or he's lying and is married, in which case, he's still not looking for a relationship. Without rambling too much, i just don't see a scenario in which this could turn out well for you, sorry.........

obviously his exwife didn;t see perfect....

if she really is an ex.....

i'd beware....turn down the next date or two offers....talk more via phone or text...if he hits you a third time for a date....do lunch on a saturday or sunday...when he should be with the wifey and kids, just to be certain he ain't lying about the EX....

know ahead of time...no matter your street smarts amanda...HE will have more experience due to his age....which can be intriguing, and you could lose the upper hand....

so, in summary....take it slow, real slow...learn more about him and where he lives etc...a home phone land line number would be good....so you can be certain he isn't just a married one looking for some fun....

Older men are always interesting, because they seem to know so much more....and their attraction to you can be flattering in a way...(setting aside that you would be young, fresh "meat" so to say...to him)...so just be careful sweetie...so not to get hurt or feel used, somewhere down the road when all that seemed to be true about him, really isn't true at all.

Care

Wow, that's really good advice. I will think really hard about it. I just have a natural tendency to believe people until they prove they are lying, but I think you may be right. Damn, I wish you didn't make so much sense.

Forum List

Back