So I looked up info about Jack Lew...

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
....and I see why Obama likes him.
Because he is just like him. He has absolutely zero experience in economics in practice, only in theory. Never ran a company, never presided over a board of any corporations. Never balanced a spreadsheet.

....and I see why Obama likes him. Because he is just like him.

did you also happen to notice Lew is Obama's Chief of Staff ... he also wrote the Sequester the Republicans now want nothing to do with.

there is probably no other human being on earth the Congressional Republicans would least like to have as Treasury Secretary than Jack Lew.

Because he is just like him. He has absolutely zero experience in economics in practice, only in theory. Never ran a company, never presided over a board of any corporations. Never balanced a spreadsheet.

With the except of point number three..that's probably a very good thing.

With the except of point number three..that's probably a very good thing.

:doubt:
yeah...a good thing like having a Texas governor run a war right?
Yeah - it is always a good idea to have someone with no practical experience in charge.

For those of you Nutter's who are always going on about the Fed, Lew ought to be your knight in shining armor as he will be first Secretary of the Treasury not affiliated with the Federal Reserve in a long, long time. What that might signal is open to speculation, but the possibilities are limitless.

Moreover, Lew is a practicing Jew and has wide connections in the American Jewish community and in Israel. For those you Nutter's who think Obama is anti-Israel, if not downright anti-Semitic, Lew is the guy who can strengthen relations between Israel and the United States and can serve as a go-between from Obama to Netanyahu.

For those of you Nutter's who are always going on about the Fed, Lew ought to be your knight in shining armor as he will be first Secretary of the Treasury not affiliated with the Federal Reserve in a long, long time. What that might signal is open to speculation, but the possibilities are limitless.

Moreover, Lew is a practicing Jew and has wide connections in the American Jewish community and in Israel. For those you Nutter's who think Obama is anti-Israel, if not downright anti-Semitic, Lew is the guy who can strengthen relations between Israel and the United States and can serve as a go-between from Obama to Netanyahu.

Sounds about par for the course for a guy with no experience, sticking his Treasury Dept.'s nose where that of the State Dept. belongs.

Sounds about par for the course for a guy with no experience, sticking his Treasury Dept.'s nose where that of the State Dept. belongs.

So...when Geithner was nominated, the right blew up because he came from the very industry he would be tasked to regulate. In other words, his experience counted against him.

Now, when Obama nominates a guy WITHOUT that connection, NOT having experience counts against him.

Y'all can't have it both ways, can you? Or, is it simply another case of whatever Obama does MUST be wrong to the right?

Affiliated with CitiGoup instead, that's so much better right? Also check out the $950,000 bonus he got! You guys HATE bonuses right? Except when Liberal Democrats receive them of course!

Plus, Jack Lew was at OMB when Clinton Deregulated Wall Street which as even TM knows, is the reason for the Banking Crisis.

Jacob Lew, Obama Nominee And Former Citigroup Executive, Doesn't Believe Deregulation Led To Financial Crisis

Yeah that's why Obama apointed Lew as Ambassador to Israel. Oh wait, no he didn't!

You've been huffing too much of that "Hopium" lately old man.

So...when Geithner was nominated, the right blew up because he came from the very industry he would be tasked to regulate. In other words, his experience counted against him.

No...the right "blew up" because he is an incompetent tax cheat.

... for a guy with no experience

Jack Lew Will Be Named Treasury Secretary

The one-time Citigroup executive honed his political skills as a policy adviser to Democratic House Speaker Tip O’Neill, who is touted as a symbol of bipartisanship because he worked with Republican President Ronald Reagan to change the tax code and the Social Security retirement program in the 1980s.

Jack Lew goes as far back as Ronald Reagan and Tip O’Neill ... as experienced as anyone ever selected for Treasury Secretary.

Republicans seem to be having troubles with all the Obama nominations so far to date.

He was the COO of a proprietary trading group in the private sector between the Clinton and Obama administrations.

And running a company does not necessarily prepare you for being SecTreas. It helps, but is not an automatic qualifier.

Lew has a background soaked in finance. He is more than qualified.

What is more significant to me is who he chose as his mentors. Paul Wellstone really jumps out, for one, who went on to be the most liberal Senator in the Congress while he served.

Last edited:

A completely incompetent asshole put in charge by another completely incompetent asshole.

Go figure.

He was the COO of a proprietary trading group in the private sector between the Clinton and Obama administrations.

And running a company does not necessarily prepare you for being SecTreas. It helps, but is not an automatic qualifier.

Lew has a background soaked in finance. He is more than qualified.

What is more significant to me is who he chose as his mentors. Paul Wellstone really jumps out, for one, who went on to be the most liberal Senator in the Congress while he served.

Yeah, Citigroup during the Bush years. I dislike this guy.

I wonder if he knows how to use Turbo Tax

Perhaps he can use that better than he can sign his name...

130109_jack_lew_signature_605_whdoc.jpg

The new signature for our currency...

I like everything except for the investment bank part:
President Obama Nominates Jack Lew for Secretary of the Treasury | The White House
Jack has the distinction of having worked -- and succeeded -- in some of the toughest jobs in Washington and the private sector. As a congressional staffer in the 1980s, he helped negotiate the deal between President Reagan and Tip O’Neill to save Social Security. Under President Clinton, he presided over three budget surpluses in a row. So for all the talk out there about deficit reduction, making sure our books are balanced, this is the guy who did it -- three times. He helped oversee one of our nation’s finest universities and one of our largest investment banks.

I like everything except for the investment bank part:
President Obama Nominates Jack Lew for Secretary of the Treasury | The White House
Jack has the distinction of having worked -- and succeeded -- in some of the toughest jobs in Washington and the private sector. As a congressional staffer in the 1980s, he helped negotiate the deal between President Reagan and Tip O’Neill to save Social Security. Under President Clinton, he presided over three budget surpluses in a row. So for all the talk out there about deficit reduction, making sure our books are balanced, this is the guy who did it -- three times. He helped oversee one of our nation’s finest universities and one of our largest investment banks.
I don't like this guy but then again I am not likely to ever endorse anyone who would ever get approved. Having no soul is the primary requirement of getting that job.

Forum List

Back