So I just did Jury Duty last week...

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
Ironically I was Working on a Project for this Particular Courthouse the Day I had Jury Duty...

That Aside, I was Released from the Duty after being Argumentative with the Defense...

The Prosecution didn't want me because I was not Sounding Helpful to their Side while Arguing with the Defense, but Ultimately I Probably would have Decided Guilty on this Guy, so it was their Loss in making that Assumption.

The Problem I have with the Line of Questioning for Jurors is that they want Conclusion from you before Providing Evidence.

The Simple Answer to EVERY Question was, "Depends on the Evidence, I've seen none."

They didn't Like that anymore than I Like Vaguery...

More Concerning was the Number of People who when Asked if they Thought the Person on Trial was Guilty, simply because he was Charged...

"Why would he be Charged if he didn't do it?"...

It was a Domestic Violence Case where the Victim was not Willing to Cooperate with the Prosecution...

I Told the Court that I was Aware of (2) Situations where the Accused was Not Guilty and or were the Victim themselves, so I would not be so Quick to Assume that this Woman was Protecting her Abuser until I Heard Both Sides.

Anyway, I am sure I am not alone in this Experience, and there are Probably much more Interesting Stories than this...

:)

peace...

I was called up for jury duty once about two years ago. So, I did my civic duty and showed up at the appointed time and place. There was probably 50 of us sitting there waiting to see if we would be selected for the case. One by one we were being questioned. When they got to me, I was asked if I could be a partial member of the jury. I said I could. They asked me if I knew the person they were going to put on trial. I told them I didn't. They asked me if I believed in capital punishment. I told them yes if the situation called for it. They said I had been selected to serve on the jury. I then told them, "Good. Bring that guilty SOB in here so we can get this over with. I need to go home before 3:00 pm." All of a sudden they changed their mind and dismissed me. What's up with that?

I was called up for jury duty once about two years ago. So, I did my civic duty and showed up at the appointed time and place. There was probably 50 of us sitting there waiting to see if we would be selected for the case. One by one we were being questioned. When they got to me, I was asked if I could be a partial member of the jury. I said I could. They asked me if I knew the person they were going to put on trial. I told them I didn't. They asked me if I believed in capital punishment. I told them yes if the situation called for it. They said I had been selected to serve on the jury. I then told them, "Good. Bring that guilty SOB in here so we can get this over with. I need to go home before 3:00 pm." All of a sudden they changed their mind and dismissed me. What's up with that?

Nice...

peace...

Having served on several juries, I seem always to be selected. I am opposed to the death penalty, Reflections on the Guillotine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia which is the only thing that got me off one case. We found them all guilty of most charges, which included murder, rape, and other assorted crimes. Act belligerent, lazy, nutty, opinionated and of course, you be dismissed. I even know people on all sides of the law including lawyers, police, and murderers. Tell them you believe the police over the criminal and you'll get off. I'm not bragging here but I find it funny that the wingnuts who pretend they respect law can't even get properly involved in the law. This for me is another example of why wingnuts can't govern; they can't even do their duty as the blind eye of law.

good ones....

i just say....my daddy was a criminal defense attorney and he told me that the police don’t arrest innocent people....

I find it funny that the wingnuts who pretend they respect law can't even get properly involved in the law. This for me is another example of why wingnuts can't govern; they can't even do their duty as the blind eye of law.

:clap2:

People who try to get out of jury duty for trivial reasons are no different than people who cheat on their taxes, avoided the draft out of cowardice and who don't vote but never shut up about how messed up the country is.

Having served on several juries, I seem always to be selected. I am opposed to the death penalty, Reflections on the Guillotine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia which is the only thing that got me off one case. We found them all guilty of most charges, which included murder, rape, and other assorted crimes. Act belligerent, lazy, nutty, opinionated and of course, you be dismissed. I even know people on all sides of the law including lawyers, police, and murderers. Tell them you believe the police over the criminal and you'll get off. I'm not bragging here but I find it funny that the wingnuts who pretend they respect law can't even get properly involved in the law. This for me is another example of why wingnuts can't govern; they can't even do their duty as the blind eye of law.

Eh?...

peace...

I'm not bragging here but I find it funny that the wingnuts who pretend they respect law can't even get properly involved in the law. This for me is another example of why wingnuts can't govern; they can't even do their duty as the blind eye of law.
Sometimes it's just the honest ones who get dismissed. Like when they're asked if there's a presumption of guilt, just because the guy was arrested. If the honest answer is "yes" then what's the problem with the honesty? Doesn't make them a wingnut, just honest.

I always answer honestly when interviewed for service as a juror. I neither want to serve nor do I want to avoid it. If they don't like my answers and dismiss me, it's no skin off my nose at all. Same if they have me serve. I'm not going to operate with a goal in mind.

And that's really what they are actually supposed to be looking for.

so you are bragging about all they ways you know and have used to get out of jury duty ..... and in the next breath giving the right wing crowd shit for doing what you have done.....yep.....you are an obama supporter that is for sure....

so you are bragging about all they ways you know and have used to get out of jury duty ..... and in the next breath giving the right wing crowd shit for doing what you have done.....yep.....you are an obama supporter that is for sure....

Do as they Say, not as they do... Whatever it is that they do.

Carry on!

peace...

Are you really this dense or did you just not read his post? Maybe you are being facetious.

I find it funny that the wingnuts who pretend they respect law can't even get properly involved in the law. This for me is another example of why wingnuts can't govern; they can't even do their duty as the blind eye of law.

:clap2:

People who try to get out of jury duty for trivial reasons are no different than people who cheat on their taxes, avoided the draft out of cowardice and who don't vote but never shut up about how messed up the country is.

I Love Jury Duty...

I was Pissed that I got Tossed Last Week...

A Year or Two ago I sat on a Westminster City Jury and (2) of the Jurors I was Sat with were so Fucking Stupid it Hurt...

They almost Instantly Found the Woman Guilty for the Major Offense, the Assault, but then Hemmed and Hawed over whether or not the Person she was Beating about the Head and Neck had his Glasses Broken in the Beating, or at some other Point...

Needless to say, these (2) Jurors were on the rest of our Shitlist...

The Finally Realized that they would have to come back if they didn't Conclude that Day, and they Gleefully Voted Guilty on the Lesser Offense after Wasting an Easy 3 Hours of Time...

Chimps.

peace...

I've received perhaps a dozen summonses in my working life but have never been selected to serve. I get voir dired out every time. Perhaps its because of my demented mumblings about "hanging the guilty sumbitch after a fair trial" during selection that is my problem ...

I've received perhaps a dozen summonses in my working life but have never been selected to serve. I get voir dired out every time. Perhaps its because of my demented mumblings about "hanging the guilty sumbitch after a fair trial" during selection that is my problem ...

Apparently being Argumentative during Jury Questioning will get you out also...

Wasn't my Intent...

peace...

One of the four boxes, and I think less people know how to use it than they do any of the other 3.

It's just another way to experience STUPID in all its glory.

Forum List

Back