So I heard McCain wants to bomb Syria, opinions?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Or are we too stuck on sex, boobs and rubbers to have an opinion yet?

I could agree with a target any tank in a residential area policy as long as its a joint operation. No boots, no invasion, just aerial support for the civilians that are being slaughtered.

Yes I know we have serious money problems but if we stopped trying to teach Afghanistan how to eat with a fork and tie a tie we wouldn't have a problem with it.

McCain is always saying stuff like that. He said he'd go after Russia when they attacked Georiga durring the '08 presidential campaign. It cost him votes.

I actually think if we got involved to the same extent that we got involved in Liby it might not be a bad thing. Depends on our information on the ground.

With Syria we probably need to do something and probably will but it will take some time to get the proper coalition together to do it, certainly nothing unilateral.

Israel should bomb the nuclear facility in Iran with a few of our largest bunker buster type bombs.

And when the outraged Arab world demands to know what happened, Israel and the United States should simply shrug our collective shoulders and refuse comment.

As for McCain's commentary about Syria, while I sympathize with his motivation, I disagree with his conclusion.

my opinion is that McCain needs to retire.

While I agree with that it hardly passes as a response to the actual Syria issue.

Well, I assumed you'd realize that Im saying it because I think its absolutely absurd for us to think about going into Syria when there is no reason to.

Humanitarian reasons? There's a dictator killing his people off. It would be good to have allies in that part of world for a change. Those people deserve better than Assad.

With Syria we probably need to do something and probably will but it will take some time to get the proper coalition together to do it, certainly nothing unilateral.

And why on earth do we need to do something?

And if we did need to do something why the heck would we need to do it with a coalition?

Humanitarian reasons? There's a dictator killing his people off. It would be good to have allies in that part of world for a change. Those people deserve better than Assad.

Our "Creating allies by freeing them from dictators" plan hasnt gone as well as we hoped in the past. Why would it be different this time?

If we were justified by going to war with every single nation where a dictator is killing off his people, we'd be in most nations in the world right now. What other justification would we need?

What exactly do we gain by this? If we dont gain anything, i don't see why we should get involved.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Did he submit a bill or did he talk in his sleep. So far it seems that the do-nothing democrat dominated senate is comatose. I think Harry Reid is home in Vegas and they have a stuffed dummy in his place.

Our "Creating allies by freeing them from dictators" plan hasnt gone as well as we hoped in the past. Why would it be different this time?

If we were justified by going to war with every single nation where a dictator is killing off his people, we'd be in most nations in the world right now. What other justification would we need?

What exactly do we gain by this? If we dont gain anything, i don't see why we should get involved.

And you claim to be a Christian?

What a fucking joke.

What do we stand to gain? How about the lives of innocent people? Or is your Christianity conditional?

And you claim to be a Christian?

What a fucking joke.

What do we stand to gain? How about the lives of innocent people? Or is your Christianity conditional?

I am Christian. Where does it say in the Bible that we are to wage war on every dictator in the world?

While I agree with that it hardly passes as a response to the actual Syria issue.

Well, I assumed you'd realize that Im saying it because I think its absolutely absurd for us to think about going into Syria when there is no reason to.

better than Assad being the goal but possibly worse were Al-Qaeda to take control and if not done properly a distinct possibility. as in Libya still in flux.

Forum List

Back