So, I Haven't Seen McCain Signs, Stickers Around Town

William Joyce

Chemotherapy for PC
Jan 23, 2004
Caucasiastan
And, "town" is Virginia suburbs of Washington, D.C.

A fairly purple area, really, but... I've seen Obama everywhere, Paul everywhere, Hillary everywhere, a few Huckabees left over. Heck, I even saw a bumper sticker for Duncan Hunter a while ago.

But no McCain.

Nothing.

No yard signs, no bumper stickers, nada. Not even now that Obama is the president-elect.

My Way News - Clinton suspends historic campaign, endorses Obama

Not hard to see why this is: Republicans hate this motherfucker with all their heart. Democrats don't have a reason to hate him, really, 'cause he's such a weakster.

Question is, what's this mean for the general? Seems a chance he's going to get his saggy ass handed to him in November. He stands for nothing but his own arrogant self. He has no ideas. He promises '100 years' of war in the Middle East, and we're all sick of that. He promises amnesty for 20 million illegals, and many of us are not enthused about that. He promises an end to free speech with campaign 'reform,' and nobody really cares. He claims he doesn't know economics, and this is not really great news for Americans struggling in this soft economy. He spouts he doesn't care about social issues, but the GOP base sure as hell DOES care about abortion, gay marriage, you name it. So why in the FUCK would anyone get more excited over John McLame than a glass of warm prune juice? Can anyone fill me in?

Meanwhile, people are having ORGASMS over Obama. Obamagasms, I call them.

I know that the silent majority will come out, and despite never having attended a rock rally for a candidate, will quietly tell Mr. Magic Negro "no" and pull the lever for McCain. And this will be a sober choice, yes it will.

But I don't know, bro. That may not be enough this time. The story of the first black president is pretty compelling, if you think about it. I think a lot of folks who ought to know better might just think, "Well, shit, could a black man really screw it up worse that Bush?" And people, that is a formidable question. As Chris Rock said, "Why not a black president? America's already had a retarded president."

I think the answer to, "how does America elect a Marxist, unaccomplished, affirmative-action loving half-black man in his 40's with ties to America-hating black radicals and left-wing terrorists and the middle name 'Hussein' president? is...

John McCain.

Last edited:
I will refrain from commenting on the uncivilized vulgarity of this post and stick to the point you weakly made.

Washington D.C. and its "suburbs" are a bad place for catching the political climate of the US. Washington D.C. is always in the Blue Column on election day. Why? Its a Welfare district, and the Dems are the only ones who empower the ones who don't really need it. You make a weak point about McCain losing the election when you cite the D.C. area as your source.

Obama has a long road ahead of him. He has a lot of issues that many people WILL NOT ignore. If Obama loses, the MAIN reason for his loss wont be because he is black, it is because he is a weak Democrat. Now that his "messiah" status has been stripped from him (as well as losing the Democratic Popular vote and nearly every swing state needed to win an election) he is just a regular run-of-the-mill Liberal elitist.

I hope this clearly clarifies what your "point" disputed.

uncivilized vulgarity

Kind sir, my vulgarity is quite civilized.

Your point's taken about my neighborhood, though. Still, Virginia is a wee bit more representative of real America than the District of Crack and Drunk Kennedys. A wee bit. On National Pretentious Radio yesterday, they played Waylon Jennings' song about good ole boys as an intro to Obama speaking at Virginia's Nissan Pavilion.

Last edited:
you are not a stupid man, joyce. racist as hell... but not wrong.

tho, if mccain is lucky, another few states will legalize gay marriage from the bench.

Unfortunately, in this instance, he is quite wrong. Anything within 50 miles of DC is a tunnel of welfare-liberal doom (except for the parts where the congressmen and women buy their homes).

Unfortunately, in this instance, he is quite wrong. Anything within 50 miles of DC is a tunnel of welfare-liberal doom (except for the parts where the congressmen and women buy their homes).

no, I can tell you that, here in Mo, a mccain sign is about as frequent as a jackalope. by this time in 04 there was a fleet of W stickers on the road. By this time in 92 we'd have seen newt gingrich in the eyes of conservatives. Mccain, beyond his conservative war policies, IS a social liberal and will fail conservatives on almost every major issue outside of bombing iran. They know it. You know it.

A black president doesn't bother me. A racist President does.

oh put your fucking vagina pack in your pants and ENJOY Hillary's nowfound support for the OBAMA EXPRESS!

CHOO CHOOOOOOOO, bitch.

To build on my point, is anyone on USMB a McCain supporter?

We have a pretty broad range here, from Nazi to Jewish lefty. A poster named Obama08 and a poster name Paulitics. But no passionate McCain supporters.

Bueller?

Bueller?

I am NOT a passionate supporter of John McCain. The only reason I support him is because he is much better than the other choice, being Barack H. Obama. McCain does not share my social conservative values, nor does he support the values of the party base. If he wins (and I believe he will), he will win because of Moderate Republicans, Independents, and TRUE (now considered moderate) Democrats. He, and the groups of people stated above, are attempting to redefine the GOP. They are attempting to take our party to the middle of the road, and it won't happen. The base is not energized. The only possible boost for him with conservatives is his VP choice. Other than that, someone can draft a conservative at the Convention.

He does share my Foreign Policy views, as well as my views on taxes and guns. He does not share my views on Social Security, Immigration, etc.

Give me a conservative and I'll vote for him. Otherwise, John McCain is the lesser of two evils.

I am NOT a passionate supporter of John McCain. The only reason I support him is because he is much better than the other choice, being Barack H. Obama. McCain does not share my social conservative values, nor does he support the values of the party base. If he wins (and I believe he will), he will win because of Moderate Republicans, Independents, and TRUE (now considered moderate) Democrats. He, and the groups of people stated above, are attempting to redefine the GOP. They are attempting to take our party to the middle of the road, and it won't happen. The base is not energized. The only possible boost for him with conservatives is his VP choice. Other than that, someone can draft a conservative at the Convention.

He does share my Foreign Policy views, as well as my views on taxes and guns. He does not share my views on Social Security, Immigration, etc.

Give me a conservative and I'll vote for him. Otherwise, John McCain is the lesser of two evils.

ITA. I'll be voting against Obama, not for McCain.

You all had your chance to make a difference during the primary campaign season. Those of you who got off your ass and pushed a lesser known, albeit BETTER candidate, good for you. Those of you who shoved potato chips down your throat while watching American Idol, and bitched about things on the internet, while you voted only for the candidate that the media told you "can win", you enabled the current choices we have.

I suggest those of you who are in the latter shut up and deal with your decision.

You all had your chance to make a difference during the primary campaign season. Those of you who got off your ass and pushed a lesser known, albeit BETTER candidate, good for you. Those of you who shoved potato chips down your throat while watching American Idol, and bitched about things on the internet, while you voted only for the candidate that the media told you "can win", you enabled the current choices we have.

I suggest those of you who are in the latter shut up and deal with your decision.

You have proved to me that you assume too much and know to little.

I did NOT vote for John McCain. I did NOT listen to the media. Many did, but I did not.

I voted for Michael Huckabee in my primary at home. I was one of the 41,164 who voted for the man. If Thompson would have been on the ballot, he would have received my vote.

You have proved to me that you assume too much and know to little.

I did NOT vote for John McCain. I did NOT listen to the media. Many did, but I did not.

I voted for Michael Huckabee in my primary at home. I was one of the 41,164 who voted for the man. If Thompson would have been on the ballot, he would have received my vote.

I'm not sure where I assumed anything about you.

I didn't assume anything about ANYONE. I said if you were in the latter, then you ought to live with your decision.

But only voting for someone isn't doing much at all. If you got out and joined "Huck's Army" and canvassed your community to add more votes than merely yours, you did something commendable, regardless of whether or not I support Huckabee.

None of that means you have to vote for McCain though. There's a reason why you don't like him. You don't feel he helps your party at all. So instead of just giving him the presidency and getting nothing out of it except a dem loss, you could simply not vote for him and show the republican party brass that you refuse to accept McCain as the nominee.

I'd say McCain losing by a landslide this election would do more to help the Repub party than enabling the Party brass to once again get who THEY want, instead of who the PEOPLE want. Having to take a dem presidency for at least 4 years is a small price to pay for the changes that could come about for the party in the long run.

But I suspect you, like most other repubs this election, will not look at it that way, and instead do whatever it takes to keep a dem out. All with no regard to what it could do to the party in the long term, by having McCain make a continued mockery of Republican ideals, as Bush has.

You go ahead and keep playing that game. The establishment loves you and thanks you for it.

Last edited:
William Joyce said:
you could also call them oBORGasms

Paulitics said:
I'd say McCain losing by a landslide this election would do more to help the Repub party than enabling the Party brass to once again get who THEY want, instead of who the PEOPLE want. Having to take a dem presidency for at least 4 years is a small price to pay for the changes that could come about for the party in the long run.
Why not try it? Right now either way it goes we still wind up with some babbling liberal as president...

I think the numbers are scewed when you just look at bumper stickers. A lot of the families of McCain supporters don't let them drive anymore and if they do they're certainly off the roads by nightfall. But you watch, we McCainiacs are a silent majority.

And, "town" is Virginia suburbs of Washington, D.C.

A fairly purple area, really, but... I've seen Obama everywhere, Paul everywhere, Hillary everywhere, a few Huckabees left over. Heck, I even saw a bumper sticker for Duncan Hunter a while ago.

But no McCain.

Nothing.

No yard signs, no bumper stickers, nada. Not even now that Obama is the president-elect.

My Way News - Clinton suspends historic campaign, endorses Obama

Not hard to see why this is: Republicans hate this motherfucker with all their heart. Democrats don't have a reason to hate him, really, 'cause he's such a weakster.

Question is, what's this mean for the general? Seems a chance he's going to get his saggy ass handed to him in November. He stands for nothing but his own arrogant self. He has no ideas. He promises '100 years' of war in the Middle East, and we're all sick of that. He promises amnesty for 20 million illegals, and many of us are not enthused about that. He promises an end to free speech with campaign 'reform,' and nobody really cares. He claims he doesn't know economics, and this is not really great news for Americans struggling in this soft economy. He spouts he doesn't care about social issues, but the GOP base sure as hell DOES care about abortion, gay marriage, you name it. So why in the FUCK would anyone get more excited over John McLame than a glass of warm prune juice? Can anyone fill me in?

I know that the silent majority will come out, and despite never having attended a rock rally for a candidate, will quietly tell Mr. Magic Negro "no" and pull the lever for McCain. And this will be a sober choice, yes it will.

But I don't know, bro. That may not be enough this time. The story of the first black president is pretty compelling, if you think about it. I think a lot of folks who ought to know better might just think, "Well, shit, could a black man really screw it up worse that Bush?" And people, that is a formidable question. As Chris Rock said, "Why not a black president? America's already had a retarded president."

I think the answer to, "how does America elect a Marxist, unaccomplished, affirmative-action loving half-black man in his 40's with ties to America-hating black radicals and left-wing terrorists and the middle name 'Hussein' president? is...

John McCain.

Suburbs of D.C. purple are you serious.....I live in Maryland and I can tell you Northern Va. is liberal land.

Why not try it? Right now either way it goes we still wind up with some babbling liberal as president...

What is there to lose?

Either there's an obvious left wing liberal as president, or there's a "moderate" republican who in the past has publicly stated he'd like to leave the party and run Independent, and who also has a staunch liberal as a mentor. The only difference is one is obvious, and the other pretends not to be, while he obviously would rather lean left and just trick conservatives into thinking he wouldn't.

If Republicans vote McCain, and he wins, the establishment wins as well, and will continue to go on thinking they can supply us with whatever candidate they want, and we'll eat it up like candy.

Republicans wanted a conservative, but apparently not bad enough. And now they're complaining they didn't get a conservative.

So don't vote McCain then, or shut the fuck up.

It's our party to take back, if we want it.

Last edited:
What is there to lose?

Either there's an obvious left wing liberal as president, or there's a "moderate" republican who in the past has publicly stated he'd like to leave the party and run Independent, and who also has a staunch liberal as a mentor. The only difference is one is obvious, and the other pretends not to be, while he obviously would rather lean left and just trick conservatives into thinking he wouldn't.

If Republicans vote McCain, and he wins, the establishment wins as well, and will continue to go on thinking they can supply us with whatever candidate they want, and we'll eat it up like candy.

Republicans wanted a conservative, but apparently not bad enough. And now they're complaining they didn't get a conservative.

So don't vote McCain then, or shut the fuck up.

It's our party to take back, if we want it.

Yeah, but look a the consequences of the alternative. You're willing to sacrifice four years of this nation to an ultra-leftwing elitist just to take a stand on the political paradigm.

I agree that it sucks, but you need to face a little reality. Both the left and right have been moving left since "left and right" was invented. It's the natural evolution of politics in a democracy. We'll go down the shitter just like the rest of them did because of it, but nothing short of a totalitarian dictatorship will stop it.

And I find THAT unacceptable unless *I* get to be the dictator.:eusa_snooty:

Forum List

Back