So I have this relative....

no1tovote4

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2004
Colorado
She wanted to get into a home business to make some extra money. So I tell her to get some together we'll research them and you can do whichever of the ones you pick that has the best track record....

Well she gets a call, she gets excited and she buys one.

I think, well okay, let her try. Well, the other night I'm on the internet and decided to research this business. Turns out they have one of the worst track records that I have seen. BBB hates them. Badbusinessbureau.com hates them and they don't bother to rebut the reports as you can on that website, as well as they violate the FTC rules on advertising by being unwilling (or unable) to substantiate their claims they make while advertising.

So now we are in a battle to get our money back for this "business" (more accurately called a scam). I read their return policy and found out they won't give the money back she spent on advertising this thing (that's where they make their money, selling crappy brochures for you to mail to the "leads" that they give you.) so I'm only looking for the fee for the return on the "business". Let's see how long it takes me to get it.

I'm betting that the threat to report them to the FTC will get them to open their pocket books, what do y'all think?

no1tovote4 said:
I'm betting that the threat to report them to the FTC will get them to open their pocket books, what do y'all think?

And maybe a call/letter to your states Attorney General. They're usually not very fond of the scamsters and WILL investigate.

Don't scroll down if easily offended!

If not, as 'Toll Booth Willy' said, "WHY YOU FUCKIN HAAAD ON! I'LL FUCKING COTTONFISH YOU'RE FUCKING HEAD WITH A LOUISVILLE FUCKIN SLUGGAH! WHADDYA THINKA THAT ASS FUCK?!"

no1tovote4 said:
She wanted to get into a home business to make some extra money. So I tell her to get some together we'll research them and you can do whichever of the ones you pick that has the best track record....

Well she gets a call, she gets excited and she buys one.

I think, well okay, let her try. Well, the other night I'm on the internet and decided to research this business. Turns out they have one of the worst track records that I have seen. BBB hates them. Badbusinessbureau.com hates them and they don't bother to rebut the reports as you can on that website, as well as they violate the FTC rules on advertising by being unwilling (or unable) to substantiate their claims they make while advertising.

So now we are in a battle to get our money back for this "business" (more accurately called a scam). I read their return policy and found out they won't give the money back she spent on advertising this thing (that's where they make their money, selling crappy brochures for you to mail to the "leads" that they give you.) so I'm only looking for the fee for the return on the "business". Let's see how long it takes me to get it.

tell her to try Pampered Chef, Partylite, Stampin' Up, Creative Memories, Avon, Mary Kay, etc. These are reputable companies. I did Avon for a while, but just found it wasn't for me. So I am starting my own wedding planner business, and hope to have a bridal shop going within 3-5 years.

sometimes the best way to be your own boss is to go the hard route...

fuzzykitten99 said:
tell her to try Pampered Chef, Partylite, Stampin' Up, Creative Memories, Avon, Mary Kay, etc. These are reputable companies. I did Avon for a while, but just found it wasn't for me. So I am starting my own wedding planner business, and hope to have a bridal shop going within 3-5 years.

sometimes the best way to be your own boss is to go the hard route...

I would rather have her just sell crap on E-Bay... Sigh**

One thing is for sure time after time...the only folks that make $$$ on get rich fast chit are the ones selling it to someone that thinks they can get rich FAST.

Forum List

Back