So I get back from the store and find

I've only nibbled aggressively. Oh well. And I'm generally non-toxic

Results of an untreated brown recluse spider bite.

28401d1217673368-house-spider-bit-me-brownreclusebite1.jpg

Oh jeezus, who would let it get that far. <shudder>

...This is what I was treated to when I got back.

Knock Knock.
Who's there?
FRIGGEN BLACK WIDOW EATING ANOTHER SPIDER AT YOUR FEET!!!! RAARRRR!!!!!!
:::promptly try to flee knocking self out on the door::: (not really but the thought was there.)

Sorry no pics. was too shocked to see it and squashed em with my shoe.

Uhh yeah,
the reason they are called black widows is because of two things, first, they are black and second, they usually eat the male after mating, thus making themselves a widow.

Meaning she just mated and in a few weeks you will have thousands of the little buggers to squash... um, sorry for bringing you the bad news, Big Fitz. :eusa_angel:

Immie

Who would let it get that far? Well, try this on for size.

I have an aunt who works in a private practice. They had a guy come in and say had problems with his foot and didn't feel good. So they said okay, come on in and see what's wrong with it. When the guy gets there, they have him take off his shoe and his sock is drenched in pus now and smells strongly. They go, you're going to take off the sock. As he is doing that, there is a light tearing sound and the toe of his sock sags as if something's in it. Sure enough, when the sock is removed, they discover lots of necrotic tissue and infection... and his big toe fell off.

They say it's an emergency, and the guy says.... "Why? it doesn't hurt or anything."

Turns out the guy got a cut on a shell while vacationing in the Carribean while snorkling and never bothered to tell anyone or do anything till he was unable to function normally.

There. revenge for the bite pictures is mine. I'm going to have to unsubscribe from my own thread if this keeps up. :barf:

So I haven't run it by Meister, but who cares. My new rule is no pics of spiders, you post one I ban instantly... Just sayin.

(sarcasm)

Knock Knock.
Who's there?
:::promptly try to flee knocking self out on the door::: (not really but the thought was there.)

Watch out Peta might come to your door and protest lol

Knock Knock.
Who's there?

Watch out Peta might come to your door and protest lol
I got another shoe for them too! BAM!

yeah... you get it. ;)

lol... spiders freak me out!

I was helping a friend in TX clean out their parents house.... it was just full of the greatest old stuff from the mid 1800!!!

so im going through this stuff... looking inside things... roaming around... hands in all sorts of stuff... and from the other side of the house.....i hear this warning...

Watch out for the brown recluse spiders..they will be inside stuff....and they are deadly.

surprised-005.gif
surprised-005.gif
surprised-005.gif
surprised-005.gif
surprised-005.gif

:wtf:

what the fuck is a damn brown recluse spider?!?!?!?!?!?! Is she joking????

They're not deadly but they are pretty nasty. Bites usually will fester as the venom eats the flesh into a liquid mass that they can extract via their fangs. Left untreated these bites can cause death I suppose but by the time they've reached anywhere near that stage you'll know it due to rotting flesh and a nasty staph infection.

They like dark damp places and their webs are funnel like. Once you identify their webs you don't forget them. I've seen the spiders vary in size from 1/4" to as big as the end of my finger. Their colorations are a chocolate brown body with a milky brown abdomen of bulbulous shape.

Ain't nutin' nice. I was bitten years ago in my forearm and I'm here to tell you you know there's something wrong when you get sick from it and the area festers up to a nice bulb of puss.

Yuck. I kill these buggers one and all.

Last edited:

Knock Knock.
Who's there?

Uhh yeah,
the reason they are called black widows is because of two things, first, they are black and second, they usually eat the male after mating, thus making themselves a widow.

Meaning she just mated and in a few weeks you will have thousands of the little buggers to squash... um, sorry for bringing you the bad news, Big Fitz. :eusa_angel:

Immie
Immie... there's a special room in the IRS for you for that one.

yeah... you get it. ;)

lol... spiders freak me out!

I was helping a friend in TX clean out their parents house.... it was just full of the greatest old stuff from the mid 1800!!!

so im going through this stuff... looking inside things... roaming around... hands in all sorts of stuff... and from the other side of the house.....i hear this warning...

Watch out for the brown recluse spiders..they will be inside stuff....and they are deadly.

surprised-005.gif
surprised-005.gif
surprised-005.gif
surprised-005.gif
surprised-005.gif

:wtf:

what the fuck is a damn brown recluse spider?!?!?!?!?!?! Is she joking????

They're not deadly but they are pretty nasty. Bites usually will fester as the venom eats the flesh into a liquid mass that they can extract via their fangs. Left untreated these bites can cause death I suppose but by the time they've reached anywhere near that stage you'll know it due to rotting flesh and a nasty staph infection.

They like dark damp places and their webs are funnel like. Once you identify their webs you don't forget them. I've seen the spiders vary in size from 1/4" to as big as the end of my finger. Their colorations are a chocolate brown body with a milky brown abdomen of bulbulous shape.

Ain't nutin' nice. I was bitten years ago in my forearm and I'm here to tell you you know there's something wrong when you get sick from it and the area festers up to a nice bulb of puss.

Yuck. I kill these buggers one and all.

:eek::eek::eek:

We don't have poisonious spiders here so I usually try to catch them on the broom or a piece of paper and release them outside. I only call out hubby if they are huge or black and hairy looking. I've been bitten several times but they really don't scare me or creep me out much.

Last edited:
Uhh yeah,

Immie
Immie... there's a special room in the IRS for you for that one.

That would be preferred over having to sit through the speeches at either one of the up coming conventions.

Immie

Pretty fortunate around here, black widows are rare. Brown recluse however are abundant and an untreated bite can eat some flesh. Nasty little buggers.

I usually leave most spiders alone but black widows, recluse and a handfull of others will find zero mercy from me.

Hell I play with little brown jumpers. :lol:

Wolf spiders are another one that creep me right out, especially when they're covered in little ones hitching a ride.

I love most all spiders in all their various permutations...

'specially the jumping spiders...

watching a pair of males squaring off face-to-face and tussling over territory is a hoot...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzsOcX_P71k"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzsOcX_P71k[/ame]

the Malaysians have made a sport of it... how long before PETA steps in...?!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B62TF2hXmzI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B62TF2hXmzI[/ame]

more fun stuff... here's a youtube video of a jumping spider going after a laser point...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q3bgMaD8bA&feature=relmfu]Jumping spider is hunting laserpointer's red dot - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back