So I Crashed My Car on the Way to Work

About an hour an a half ago I crashed my car. I was driving northbound on I93 between exit 10 and 11 when I hit a patch of black ice switching lanes, spun out, hit the concrete median, and came to a halt in the middle of the highway. Of course it being Boston the first car that came up behind me didn't stop to see if I was alright they instead layed on the horn while I gathered myself ... no worries, I wasn't hurt. Amazingly my car started back up and I was able to call the state police and drive to a safe place to pull over. My car seems fine for now and I was able to turn around and get back home without a problem. I didn't go to work though, who knows what is going to wrong with the vehicle tomorrow plus I'd be leave in the middle of a nor'easter.

Anyway, there were no fewer than 4 other accidents on the same stretch of road within an hour of mine so be careful out there if you are in New England. This storm is going to be a bad one.

Glad to hear you are okay-- take it easy.

Thanks everyone for your best wishes.

The car made it into work tonight but I gotta at least get it looked at sometime later this week.

I did wake up a bit sore and my left elbow is a stiff from bracing myself for the impact but I'll be aight.

I'm glad to hear that you are ok.......seriously.

However....

How many times does this have to happen??....Someone could have been killed. Steering wheels in the hands of untrained civilians has got to come to an end at some point. Its ridiculous....Drivers licences are given to just about everyone that can breath. There are about 48,000 auto related deaths per year.....that's about 130 people dead per day.

I propose an outright Ban on all privately owned vehicles....drivers licenses need to be revoked and anyone caught even attempting to drive a vehicle shall be jailed and could face up to 3000 years in federal "pound me in the ass" prison.

Seriously people....we cant be trusted to operate these complex mechanical devices....only police , governors , senators , and celebrity's are well adjusted enough to handle the extreme concentration necessary to navigate a road or highway behind the wheel of one of these death machines.

Please help me fight this sheetmetal covered cancer in our society......

Forum List

Back