So I Crashed My Car on the Way to Work

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
About an hour an a half ago I crashed my car. I was driving northbound on I93 between exit 10 and 11 when I hit a patch of black ice switching lanes, spun out, hit the concrete median, and came to a halt in the middle of the highway. Of course it being Boston the first car that came up behind me didn't stop to see if I was alright they instead layed on the horn while I gathered myself ... no worries, I wasn't hurt. Amazingly my car started back up and I was able to call the state police and drive to a safe place to pull over. My car seems fine for now and I was able to turn around and get back home without a problem. I didn't go to work though, who knows what is going to wrong with the vehicle tomorrow plus I'd be leave in the middle of a nor'easter.

Anyway, there were no fewer than 4 other accidents on the same stretch of road within an hour of mine so be careful out there if you are in New England. This storm is going to be a bad one.

About an hour an a half ago I crashed my car. I was driving northbound on I93 between exit 10 and 11 when I hit a patch of black ice switching lanes, spun out, hit the concrete median, and came to a halt in the middle of the highway. Of course it being Boston the first car that came up behind me didn't stop to see if I was alright they instead layed on the horn while I gathered myself ... no worries, I wasn't hurt. Amazingly my car started back up and I was able to call the state police and drive to a safe place to pull over. My car seems fine for now and I was able to turn around and get back home without a problem. I didn't go to work though, who knows what is going to wrong with the vehicle tomorrow plus I'd be leave in the middle of a nor'easter.

Anyway, there were no fewer than 4 other accidents on the same stretch of road within an hour of mine so be careful out there if you are in New England. This storm is going to be a bad one.

glad to hear you're okay.

Thanks man, there was a bigger accident southbound on the way home. I don't think those people were as lucky as I.

Thanks man, there was a bigger accident southbound on the way home. I don't think those people were as lucky as I.

people forget that 4 wheel drive isn't 4 wheel stop. hopefully, no one was hurt badly.

it's gonna be ugly tomorrow morning.

But for the love of God there go we, Article.

Happy to hear you're okay.

sorry to hear about your car.

Black ice sucks, not a thing you can do most of the time.

I lived in Colorado for 10 years and spun out once on the way up to the Eisenhower tunnel. I stopped inches from the guard rail with a drop off of about 500 feet on the other side. I had just finished sliding down the three mile downhill from Breckenridge to Dillon, solid black ice, some how I kept my 78 Buick Regal on the road. I stopped in Dillon to catch my breath and saw a sand truck heading up to the tunnel. I tried to get behind him but it was too late. I sat next to the guard rail for about 30 minutes, I saw another sand truck coming so I opened the window and motioned him to drop some sand next to me. He did and I got traction and stayed on his ass up to the tunnel. I got through the tunnel and it was raining on the other side........ that's Colorado.

I eventually bought a four wheel drive truck but rarely put it into 4WD while it was snowing....... I would much rather be in rear wheel drive when hitting ice. The 4WD would help for going uphill or getting moving from a stop but then I would shift it back to 2 wheel drive.

Good that you didn't get hurt, the vehicle can always be fixed.

Article, glad you are ok.

Everyone should slow down in this kind of weather.

People here don't know how to drive in it.

4 wheel drive means all 4 wheels slide on ice...black ice is a killer...glad you are doing well...you will most likely be sore tomorrow ...so get ready...take something tonight..aleve or something...

If you were so lucky, why did you get in the accident in the first place?

But anyways, glad to hear you are ok.

That sucks! Glad to hear you are alright and hope the car is too!
I totalled my car in september!

Forum List

Back