So I Am in The Grocery Story Today.........(wow)

Again, they consider them to not be Christian based upon the Catholic practice of using intermediaries.

The statues and repetitious prayer also contribute to it. Calling Father and Mother to anyone who isn't YOUR father and Mother is frowned upon. Martin Luther was right to challenge the church, personally I don't think he went far enough. Regardless It doesn't mean Catholic's aren't Christians it just means they have a different way of looking at things. Every denomination has something that will be corrected on Christs return I'm sure.

Oh I don't quibble over whether Catholics are Christian are not, that's between them and God...

I'm just saying why people claim they aren't.

Oh I don't quibble over whether Catholics are Christian are not, that's between them and God...

I'm just saying why people claim they aren't.

I understood that was you meaning I wasn't trying to make it sound like you were. I don't get into it either because I don't know their heart. I get a bit miffed when people do put Catholic's down. Why can't we put personal feelings and doctrinal differences aside and work together for the greater good? Fighting with each other who is the true church is counterproductive and nothing gets done but continued division among the believers. I can't imagine God wants it that way.

Individual people can be pretty stupid. I was at the community bbq, using six square inches of one of six bbqs the complex provides when one of the black residents said that I had to leave because he had steaks to cook for the family. When I refused, suggesting using either the half of the bbq I wasn't using or one of the other five that wasn't being used at all, I was told that Rosa Parks no longer had to ride in the back of the bus. I had to leave and take my one hamburger patty with me.

So, WOW, just WOW.

well, now the reasons for your entrenched racial bitterness are clear: you have to eat a puny hamburger while the black folks are eating steaks.

poor baby...

Or was this a metaphor for some other lack in your phsyique?

I certainly wasn't going to leave because he SAID so. I am well used to black people relying on racism as a crutch. Or should all non black people take their orders and shut up about it.

Lack in my physique, ( you misspelled it) not really. After all my tits are WAYYYY bigger than his. I'll bet my black boyfriend's dick is bigger than his too!

Unfortunately these people are so used to using racisim, they can't stop. It gets them everything. It stops every complaint no matter how legitimate. That's the point of being racist. And, that's why they are stupid people.

Individual people can be pretty stupid. I was at the community bbq, using six square inches of one of six bbqs the complex provides when one of the black residents said that I had to leave because he had steaks to cook for the family. When I refused, suggesting using either the half of the bbq I wasn't using or one of the other five that wasn't being used at all, I was told that Rosa Parks no longer had to ride in the back of the bus. I had to leave and take my one hamburger patty with me.

So, WOW, just WOW.

well, now the reasons for your entrenched racial bitterness are clear: you have to eat a puny hamburger while the black folks are eating steaks.

poor baby...

I certainly wasn't going to leave because he SAID so. I am well used to black people relying on racism as a crutch. Or should all non black people take their orders and shut up about it.

Lack in my physique, ( you misspelled it) not really. After all my tits are WAYYYY bigger than his. I'll bet my black boyfriend's dick is bigger than his too!

Unfortunately these people are so used to using racisim, they can't stop. It gets them everything. It stops every complaint no matter how legitimate. That's the point of being racist. And, that's why they are stupid people.

Why did you bring this up in a thread about Catholicism?

Actually, you specifically should shut up, because you're a moron and you're making white people look bad.

ktkxbai.

poor baby...

Why did you bring this up in a thread about Catholicism?

Because there are stupid people all over the place. Stupid people are Catholic, non-Catholic and every other kind. No use singling out Christians for stupidity.

Real Christians don't believe in gambling, drinking, dancing or Idol worship.
Jesus was a good Jewish man. He went to the marriage at Cana and as is custom at all Jewish weddings... dancing. He also drank wine as per the last supper, made wine at the Marriage in Cana as well. The Jewish people have used gambling for important aspects of their lives in the past with the drawing of lots in the time of Christ and as for Idol Worship, of course, that's the one aspect you do have right. We are not supposed to worship idols, and many times God has destroyed them before the respective pagan faiths.

What you are referring to is more often related to small sects and cults like the quakers, shakers, mennonites and in limited aspects some of the harder nosed denominations like the baptists or Wisconsin Synod Lutherans, Seventh Day Adventists or Assemblies of God.

Know the difference between man made tradition, dogma and God's scripture. The knowledge can be quite liberating and enlightening.

uscitizen doesn't believe in knowledge, liberty or enlightenment...

I was being sarcastic.

However that was the way the Church believed that I was raised up in.
According to them the catholics were going to burn in hell for drinking and worshipping the Idol of Mary.
And dancing or going to movies would sned you to hell as well.
the church was the same denomination as Sarah Palins church. the Assemblies of God.
some Baptist churches do notr allow musical instruments in church.
some churches do not allow Blood Transfusions, etc

Jesus was a good Jewish man. He went to the marriage at Cana and as is custom at all Jewish weddings... dancing. He also drank wine as per the last supper, made wine at the Marriage in Cana as well. The Jewish people have used gambling for important aspects of their lives in the past with the drawing of lots in the time of Christ and as for Idol Worship, of course, that's the one aspect you do have right. We are not supposed to worship idols, and many times God has destroyed them before the respective pagan faiths.

What you are referring to is more often related to small sects and cults like the quakers, shakers, mennonites and in limited aspects some of the harder nosed denominations like the baptists or Wisconsin Synod Lutherans, Seventh Day Adventists or Assemblies of God.

Know the difference between man made tradition, dogma and God's scripture. The knowledge can be quite liberating and enlightening.

uscitizen doesn't believe in knowledge, liberty or enlightenment...

I was being sarcastic.

However that was the way the Church believed that I was raised up in.
According to them the catholics were going to burn in hell for drinking and worshipping the Idol of Mary.
And dancing or going to movies would sned you to hell as well.
the church was the same denomination as Sarah Palins church. the Assemblies of God.
some Baptist churches do notr allow musical instruments in church.
some churches do not allow Blood Transfusions, etc

Yep, I grew up in same teachings.. no movies, no TV, no long hair for boys, only long hair for girls, no shorts, no jeans for girls, no jewelry, no FREEKING NOTHING!!!

I have since found Jesus in my own way, and my pastor is there for teaching and nothing more...

Being a moral person, and raising my kids to know him (Jesus) is the best thing I can offer my savior.

Last edited:
God is not conservative according to some christina religions. He is progressive.
Many things that would send me to hell 30 years ago are now fine in the very same church.

That's not so bad. I'm Lutheran, and my Catholic friend says that I'm a heathen.:D
I am also Lutheran. I believe we and Catholics believe in Christ as our savior. I just do not believe that the Church can tell me how to worship, say with rosary beads, holy water, hail Mary's, none of which are Biblical. There is a reason Luther opposed the Catholic Church. With me it is simple, I won't be a member of an organization that is a Gov't. unto itself. The Catholic Church has no authority over me.

God is not conservative according to some christina religions. He is progressive.
Many things that would send me to hell 30 years ago are now fine in the very same church.
Then that church has lost its way. If you haven't been saved in the last thirty years, and still are not, then if you die you are still going to hell. A church that does not teach Christian principals set forth in the Bible is not a true Church.

Im one of those 'christians' :tongue: and I always tell folks to be prepared to be shocked.

There are going to be Catholics, Methodists, Presbitarians, non-denominations, Jews, and heck maybe even a Mormon or two...

Judge not, lest ye be judged
:eusa_silenced:

Only Mormons. Don't you watch South Park?

Haha. I do love that seen, despite it being totally inaccurate if they are really suggesting that the mormons are right. lol

Are you a woman of faith?

Unfortunately, not everyone lives up to their faith. I wish we all would, and I do include myselves in that.

As William Penn said:

No one thing is more unaccountable and condemnable among men, than their uncharitable constests about religion, indeed about words and phrases; whil[e] they all verbally meet in the most, if not only, necessary part of the Christian religion. For nothing is more certain than if man but live up to one half of what they know in their own consciences that they ought practice, their edge would be taken off, their blood would be sweetened by Mercy and Truth, and this unnatural sharpness qualified: They would quickly find work at home, each man's hands would be full by the unruliness of his own passions, and in subjecting of his own will, and instead of devouring one another's good name, Liberty, or Estate, Compassion would rise, and mutual desires would be assistant to each other, in a better sort of living.

Ah would we live up to it.

How many of you engage in a discussion on religion at the grocery store? I find the debate on which apple is best for snacking much more interesting. Why does anyone care about the beliefs of others?

Some of us care about our fellow man more than apples and feeding our appettite.

Of course, some of us care about shoving our fellow man down even more.

Funny, what are there, some 4,500 known religions (and their various versions of god) on planet Earth? Yet, at most, only one of them could possibly be correct, if any. Or are there that many gods?

All excellent points and questions.

Which is precisely why we all have to humble ourselves before God and learn from Him ourselves and not simply rely on what others thing and say, or even our own reason.

Forum List

Back