So hows that hope and change?

I think you missed my point by about a mile, as did bigrebnc.

I know that they're only in it for themselves. I never claimed otherwise.

EVERYONE is just in it for themselves.

This argument started when bigrebnc claimed that if there was no welfare system, all of his "fellow Americans" would willingly give 10% of their income to charity.

Which is ridiculous to assume..

10% maybe not, but the fact is Americans give more money per person privately to Charity than any other nation on earth. It is only logical to assume if the government let us keep more of our money. We would give even more.

The claim that bigrebnc made was that everyone currently on assistance programs would be taken care of entirely by private charity, if all programs were ended. Which is bullshit.

I guiess you never heard of Christian charity. After all isn't that one of the teachings of Jesus? And through the charity part those that would be helping others would also hlep the people in their search for a job.

Looks like that hope and change is disappointing many:

"The social fabric is fraying. Human capital is being squandered. Society is segmenting. The labor markets are ill. Wages are lagging. Inequality is increasing. The nation is overconsuming and underinnovating. China and India are surging."--David Brooks, New York Times, Sept. 14

"The middle class is finally on its knees. Jobs are scarce and good jobs even scarcer. . . . With so much of the middle class and the rest of working America tapped out, there is not enough consumer demand for the goods and services that the U.S. economy is capable of producing. Without that demand, there are precious few prospects for a robust recovery. If matters stay the same, with working people perpetually struggling in an environment of ever-increasing economic insecurity and inequality, the very stability of the society will be undermined."--Bob Herbert, New York Times, Sept. 14

But it's all the people's fault says the self-proclaimed smart person:

Andrew Sullivan of The Atlantic:

Yet now, especially, that unreason seems to have taken an almost pathological turn. It is as if America is intent on destroying itself, its civil society, its fiscal future, and its next generation in an endless fit of mutual recrimination, neurotic nationalism, and religious division.​

But it's all the people's fault says the self-proclaimed smart person:

Andrew Sullivan of The Atlantic:

Yet now, especially, that unreason seems to have taken an almost pathological turn. It is as if America is intent on destroying itself, its civil society, its fiscal future, and its next generation in an endless fit of mutual recrimination, neurotic nationalism, and religious division.​

I feel a little left out......I wonder if Mr Sullivan would be happy if I flew TWO American Flags?

Yes do. I have more faith in them then I do the government

So, you have faith in your fellow Americans who by majority rule voted in the current administration.

Little secert even though half of the the white that voted for obama did it because it was the in thing to do and most of the black who voted for obama was because he was black. Does not mean I don't have faith in them now. Most have been awaken and would never dream of voting for that snake oil salesman again.

Wrong again reb..

The primary reason people voted for Obama is that the Republicans had fucked up so badly when we gave them control over the country

The secondary reason was that Obama was young, dynamic and had a vision of what direction the country should go while McCain/Palin looked old, out of touch and unprepared to run the country

So, you have faith in your fellow Americans who by majority rule voted in the current administration.

Little secert even though half of the the white that voted for obama did it because it was the in thing to do and most of the black who voted for obama was because he was black. Does not mean I don't have faith in them now. Most have been awaken and would never dream of voting for that snake oil salesman again.

Wrong again reb..

The primary reason people voted for Obama is that the Republicans had fucked up so badly when we gave them control over the country

The secondary reason was that Obama was young, dynamic and had a vision of what direction the country should go while McCain/Palin looked old, out of touch and unprepared to run the country

I doubt it. because obama was a big secert. His race had a major thing to do with it.

Ok, fine. I'll slow it down for you...

I said if you were to rely on "your fellow Americans" to give 10% of their income to charity, you'd be sorely disappointed.

You said that you trust "your fellow Americans" more than the government.

I said that the government is made up of "your fellow Americans"

You said they were not.

Let's be clear: Do you not realize that "the government" is just a bunch of people, all of which happen to be "your fellow Americans"?

They are "Americans" by birth only. Their policies are anti-American.
"we are good...they are evil"

That seems to be the extent of the Democrats campaign strat this time around.

They are "Americans" by birth only. Their policies are anti-American.

Way to take my post out of context asswipe..

post 46
This extreme rhetoric is what is wrong with our country today. There is no longer a middle ground. Everything is "we are good...they are evil" If you don't agree with me ...you are not a real American.
People on our side are looking to save the country...people on your side want to destroy it.

Guess what? Pelosi, Reid and Obama are good Americans. They are trying to do what they think is right for the country. If you don't like it...you can vote them out of office

Boehner, McConnell, McCain are also good Americans. They have similar objectives for America but want a different way of getting there

Way to take my post out of context asswipe..

post 46
This extreme rhetoric is what is wrong with our country today. There is no longer a middle ground. Everything is "we are good...they are evil" If you don't agree with me ...you are not a real American.
People on our side are looking to save the country...people on your side want to destroy it.

Guess what? Pelosi, Reid and Obama are good Americans. They are trying to do what they think is right for the country. If you don't like it...you can vote them out of office

Boehner, McConnell, McCain are also good Americans. They have similar objectives for America but want a different way of getting there

Not taking anything out of context asswipe, as I am not claiming you meant that. I am simply saying that that seems to be all the Dems are doing this time around. Blame the other guy, we are better seems to be their only message.

you are a paranoid asshole you know that. My comment was not meant to imply anything about you. I simply took what you said and mentioned that the Dems seem to be relying only on that as their campaign strat this time around. That is not taking you out of context. I can not believe you just neg repped me over it. You silly childish asshole.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back