So How's That Arizona Boycott Going?

Mad Scientist

Feels Good!
Sep 15, 2008
Hadn't really heard much about it recently, this is probably why:

Arizona Boycott Fail: Resorts See Big Increase This Year; Phoenix a Top Domestic Destination, Survey Says - Phoenix News - Valley Fever
Despite the efforts of anti-Arizonans like Congressman Raul Grivalva, a boycott against the state this year appears to have failed miserably. Grivalva was among the critics of Arizona's harsh immigration law, SB1070, who called for the boycott.
A recent survey by a travel company, as reported recently in the Business Journal, shows that Phoenix is #10 in the Top 10 domestic travel destinations, tying with Chicago for the position. That seems like a decent ranking when you consider that other destinations on the list included places like Hawaii, Orlando and being on an Alaskan cruise.
On top of that, the Arizona Republic reported yesterday that Phoenix resorts saw "significant increases" this year over 2009.
I love it when an enemy's plan "doesn't come together". :lol:

My dad and I are competing in a Model Airplane contest in March at Tuscon. My wife and I love that sunny southwest weather but we'll probably end up selling our home in California and move to Arizona in the future. "A-ri-zo-na here we come!"
Oh and also, Arizona is already an open carry state but they recently passed a law that everyone who can legally carry also gets concealed carry rights without having to apply. How great is that?

Fuck California. :lol:

New Arizona immigration bill proposed...
:cool:
Arizona immigration bill would step up enforcement
Feb. 22, 2011 - Would tighten driving, hiring and education laws
Senate President Russell Pearce on Monday introduced a wide-ranging bill that seeks to crack down on illegal immigration by tightening standards for registering and driving a vehicle, enrolling in school and hiring workers.

The measure, Senate Bill 1611, is on an agenda heavy with other hot-button issues. They include proposed abolition of the Arizona Board of Regents, termination of the state's Medicaid program, a requirement that hospitals demand proof of citizenship before providing non-emergency care and a policy that would deny birth certificates to children born in Arizona if one of the parents was in the country illegally.

A hearing before the Senate Appropriations Committee is scheduled to begin at 2 p.m. today. Among other things, Pearce's bill would require proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful presence in the country as a condition of school enrollment. It also would pertain to students who are home-schooled. It would make it a crime to drive in Arizona if in the country illegally. The penalty would be immediate seizure of the vehicle, as well as a minimum 30 days in jail.

Anyone buying a car would need to show proof of legal presence before getting a state-issued title to the vehicle. SB 1611 also would require employers to prove that they were using the federal E-Verify program to check on the legal status of any hires, or have their business licenses suspended. Pearce, R-Mesa, introduced the bill Monday, a quiet day in the Senate. It was quickly approved by the Rules Committee and scheduled for today's hearing.

Read more: Arizona immigration bill would step up enforcement

Hadn't really heard much about it recently, this is probably why:

Arizona Boycott Fail: Resorts See Big Increase This Year; Phoenix a Top Domestic Destination, Survey Says - Phoenix News - Valley Fever
Despite the efforts of anti-Arizonans like Congressman Raul Grivalva, a boycott against the state this year appears to have failed miserably. Grivalva was among the critics of Arizona's harsh immigration law, SB1070, who called for the boycott.
A recent survey by a travel company, as reported recently in the Business Journal, shows that Phoenix is #10 in the Top 10 domestic travel destinations, tying with Chicago for the position. That seems like a decent ranking when you consider that other destinations on the list included places like Hawaii, Orlando and being on an Alaskan cruise.
On top of that, the Arizona Republic reported yesterday that Phoenix resorts saw "significant increases" this year over 2009.
I love it when an enemy's plan "doesn't come together". :lol:

My dad and I are competing in a Model Airplane contest in March at Tuscon. My wife and I love that sunny southwest weather but we'll probably end up selling our home in California and move to Arizona in the future. "A-ri-zo-na here we come!"
Oh and also, Arizona is already an open carry state but they recently passed a law that everyone who can legally carry also gets concealed carry rights without having to apply. How great is that?

Fuck California. :lol:

I think Democrats should flee the state. That seems to be their newest stratagem. :lol:

It appears to me that Arizona is doing what it has to do to get the illegal alien problem under control in their state. Too bad the rest of the country isn't doing the same. CA, for one, should be embracing Arizona and learning from it. Maybe then it would get rid of their illegal problem and in the long run, solve its financial problems and stop all aid to anyone who is in that state illegally. I bet if aid were stopped their problem would evaporate into thin air.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back