so, how was your weekend?

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
Mine was bizarre!

Saturday night, one of my friends was having a birthday party. I've only known her for a couple months, so we don't really have the same group of friends. Well, imagine my surprise when I got to the party to find that 3/4 of the attendees were... little people (that's the PC term, right?). I'm not trying to be a dick, but that was just too odd. Plus, it was at their apartment, so most of the furniture was tiny, too. The whole situation was just too creepy for me, but I stuck around for my friend. Still, I may not go to too many more of her parties ever again.

Dan said:
Mine was bizarre!

Saturday night, one of my friends was having a birthday party. I've only known her for a couple months, so we don't really have the same group of friends. Well, imagine my surprise when I got to the party to find that 3/4 of the attendees were... little people (that's the PC term, right?). I'm not trying to be a dick, but that was just too odd. Plus, it was at their apartment, so most of the furniture was tiny, too. The whole situation was just too creepy for me, but I stuck around for my friend. Still, I may not go to too many more of her parties ever again.

Wow Dan! What an opportunity to gain some insight into the lives of "Little people"! People different than you...What a great life experience!
I'm jealous.

Every time I hear the term Little People, I always think of the Existential Blues by T-Bone. Not to belittle the little people but that song is hilarious.

Have you ever heard the song, "Existential Blues"?

Here is the part I'm talking about:

I was on a QUEST
Walking down the road today, doo-dah, doo-dah
I was walking down the road
I was looking for the truth of life
When I came across all these little people, little people
Little people all around me.

They looked up at me and said "Hey Mister, are you tall?"
And I said "Yes I'm tall, but who are you weird little wonders?"
And they looked up at me witht their big bloodshot eyes and said
"We are the lollipop kids, the lollipop kids, the lollipop kids
We are the lollipop kids, we'd like to welcome you to munchkin land."

I said "Hey, hey, weird little wonders, I am on a quest.
Walking on the road today doo-dah, doo-dah"
I said "Hey kids I'm looking for the truth of life...
Where do I go? Who do I see?"

"Slow down mister. In order to find the truth of life, one must
see THE WIZARD!"
I said "The WIZARD????" Well where does this wizard oh wise one live?"
"You see the big green glow-in-the-dark house up on the hill?
I said "Yes, I see the big green glow-in-the-dark house up on the hill"
With the big dark forest between me and the big green glow-in-the-dark
house up on the hill. And a little old lady on a Hoover vacuum
cleaner going "I'll get you my little pretty, and your dog Toto too!"
I don't even HAVE a little dog Toto...

Dan said:
Mine was bizarre!

cool did you get to bowl any of them?

What about little people wrestling........Sorry couldn't resist, that was bad Im slapping my own knuckles for that :eek:

My weekend was good. Saw some live music, and went hiking, not at the same time of course :cheers2:

Damn, Darin, you were right across the state from me! Where'd you stay?

And, yeah, this weekend was an experience. Whether it was a good one or not, I don't know.

-=d=- said:
Hampton Inn at Broadway at the Beach.

:)

Was a GREAT time. :)

I LOVE Broadway on the Beach!!! Great restaurants, and those giant pellet eating fish........Do you also go to Barefoot Landing? I love seeing the Tigers

A friend of mine, a marine candidate, kicked the crap out of some guy who assaulting a girl in Geneva.

And my intramural flag-football team won the championship game, 20-13!

And I was notified that a poem I wrote is going to be published in a magazine called Watershed! I'm LEGIT!

And I won 10 consecutive games of beirut!

Good weekend :eek:)

nakedemperor said:
A friend of mine, a marine candidate, kicked the crap out of some guy who assaulting a girl in Geneva.

And my intramural flag-football team won the championship game, 20-13!

And I was notified that a poem I wrote is going to be published in a magazine called Watershed! I'm LEGIT!

And I won 10 consecutive games of beirut!

Good weekend :eek:)

Most definately, congratulations on the poem. I had one published a few years back.

Forum List

Back