So how much money do those evil conniving climate scientists make anyway?

Confounding,

when people choose to troll a discussion site like this one, there is no point in further communication with them. Whatever you say will entertain them and since they already know their posts are completely bullshit, you catch their attention trying to correct them. I wasted a great deal of time talking to some of these people. I think that what they deserve and what is probably the most appropriate response and what will probably get them to move on as quickly as possible is for everyone to simply ignore them.

Thought you weren't reading my posts any more skid mark....just more lies.

And I can understand you wanting to skooch up to confounding...he admits his ignorance on the topic and like you, is willing to be fooled. He is susceptible to all your pseudoscience and cherry picking. He could be the cocker spaniel that you never had... Good luck house breaking him.

I learned not to invest real effort into these conversations a long time ago. Good on you [Crick] for trying to show them information but it was a complete waste of your time. They were never willing to learn.
Though I have often learnt from Crick's postings.

So, you believe that roughly 70,000 published PhD scientists have been taken in by, and continued to produce, nothing but pure pseudo science for the past 20 to 30 years?

And that the world's refereed science journals have failed to recognize the tens of thousands of articles and studies submitted to them as pseudoscience?

Is that what you really believe has happened?
Once again with the unsupported outlandish claims.

When you flatly reject the claims of the global scientific community based on your own uninformed interpretation of things there's not much left to do but make fun of you.

People like you are why the rest of the world thinks Americans are stupid.
The IPCC isn't "the global scientific community"...It is a purposely closed clique and an echo chamber.

The global scientific community is significantly less cautious about assigning causes and blame for AGW.

Scientific opinion on climate change - Wikipedia
James L. Powell, a former member of the National Science Board and current executive director of the National Physical Science Consortium, analyzed published research on global warming and climate change between 1991 and 2012 and found that of the 13,950 articles in peer-reviewed journals, only 24 rejected anthropogenic global warming.[141] A follow-up analysis looking at 2,258 peer-reviewed climate articles with 9,136 authors published between November 2012 and December 2013 revealed that only one of the 9,136 authors rejected anthropogenic global warming.[142] His 2015 paper on the topic, covering 24,210 articles published by 69,406 authors during 2013 and 2014 found only five articles by four authors rejecting anthropogenic global warming. Over 99.99% of climate scientists did not reject AGW in their peer-reviewed research.[143]

In his latest paper, Powell reported that using rejection as the criterion of consensus, five surveys of the peer-reviewed literature from 1991 to 2015, including several of those above, combine to 54,195 articles with an average consensus of 99.94%.[144]

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
The IPCC isn't "the global scientific community"...It is a purposely closed clique and an echo chamber.
24,210 articles published 69,406 authors during 2013 and 2014 found only five articles by four authors rejecting anthropogenic global warming.

Wow! 69,406 - 4 = 69,402 authors are in a "purposely closed clique." That is an impressive clique!

A clique is supposed to be "A small exclusive group of friends or associates."
If that's the definition of a clique, I would think the the clique is the four authors rejecting anthropogenic global warming.

Running a global conspiracy must be a pretty high paying gig, right?

Climate Scientist average salary is $71,505, median salary is $82,514 with a salary range from $48,000 to $84,000.

Oh, shit!

$48,000 to $84,000!

They DEFINITELY entered that profession for those giant fucking dollars signs and not because they love science, am I right? They're making as much money as public school teachers! YOWZA!!!
Without the AGW hoax they make nothing.

Running a global conspiracy must be a pretty high paying gig, right?

Climate Scientist average salary is $71,505, median salary is $82,514 with a salary range from $48,000 to $84,000.

Oh, shit!

$48,000 to $84,000!

They DEFINITELY entered that profession for those giant fucking dollars signs and not because they love science, am I right? They're making as much money as public school teachers! YOWZA!!!
Without the AGW hoax they make nothing.

That is incorrect and your assertion only says you're ignorant of this topic.

Confounding,

when people choose to troll a discussion site like this one, there is no point in further communication with them. Whatever you say will entertain them and since they already know their posts are completely bullshit, you catch their attention trying to correct them. I wasted a great deal of time talking to some of these people. I think that what they deserve and what is probably the most appropriate response and what will probably get them to move on as quickly as possible is for everyone to simply ignore them.

I learned not to invest real effort into these conversations a long time ago. Good on you for trying to show them information but it was a complete waste of your time. They were never willing to learn.

By your own admission, you are unable to have a conversation about the science since you have not invested any real effort into even trying to understand it. And really, how much effort does it take to chime in and tell us about your faith, and call names when anyone questions that faith.

Do you put so little effort into every aspect of your life?

I learned not to invest real effort into these conversations a long time ago. Good on you [Crick] for trying to show them information but it was a complete waste of your time. They were never willing to learn.
Though I have often learnt from Crick's postings.

If you are "learning" from the skidmark, it is little wonder that you can't defend your position either. Tell me, have you been learning to read charts from him as well? He fancies himself a wiz bang chart reader you know...

I'd like to point out something I've noted before but that tends to get lost. The IPCC doesn't spend one dollar funding research. The Assessment Reports are just that: assessment of the existing climate science literature. Researchers are not paid by research grants. Grants pay the costs of conducting research. Researchers are paid salaries by their employers. They might get a raise if they're successful at getting grants. But the whole denier meme that researchers lie about global warming so they can get rich from research grants is absolutely, nonsensical bullshit. Research gigs can pay well compared to, say a manager at McDonalds or a ditch digger; these guys have PhDs after all. Risking such a job by intentionally producing false results is a choice made by idiots. Researchers who do such things make the news and they NEVER again work in the field for which they schooled for years.

I'd like to point out something I've noted before but that tends to get lost. The IPCC doesn't spend one dollar funding research. The Assessment Reports are just that: assessment of the existing climate science literature. Researchers are not paid by research grants. Grants pay the costs of conducting research. Researchers are paid salaries by their employers. They might get a raise if they're successful at getting grants. But the whole denier meme that researchers lie about global warming so they can get rich from research grants is absolutely, nonsensical bullshit. Research gigs can pay well compared to, say a manager at McDonalds or a ditch digger; these guys have PhDs after all. Risking such a job by intentionally producing false results is a choice made by idiots. Researchers who do such things make the news and they NEVER again work in the field for which they schooled for years.
Nobody said anyone was getting rich, Captain Strawman.....Just that there's absolutely no incentive for the "scientists" to disprove the hoax.

But I do thank you for providing another bit of circumstantial evidence that you warmers are peddling a load of shit: the blatant and willful mischaracterizations of counter-arguments.

If they could, climate scientists disproving AGW would be saving humanity from a very expensive, very long term problem. That sounds like a huge incentive to me. There was no incentive for astronomers to conclude the expansion of the universe was accelerating, particularly when there was no known mechanism for it to do so. Yet how long did that take to win them all over? Less than a year. They followed the evidence. It's what scientists do. Your opinions of science and scientists are unwarranted.

And Oddball, lots of people have said "getting rich".

It pays better then working at McDonald's and that's the ONLY job these junk science researchers can get if they didn't peddle the AGW crap of Micheal Mann

h9582748A

The pay scales posted here is well within the normal range for PhD researchers in any field. And I know it makes you feel better to try to bring down others, but you make it so obvious it only reflects badly on you.

I think the point this thread was trying to make was that these researchers aren't enriching themselves off research grants. Unfortunately, the data presented are salaries, not grants.

Notice in the recent news bit about falsified research in the lung functions of mice, funded by the NIH and the EPA, it is the university that is charged with the fraud, not individual researchers. Obviously, some researchers must have been involved in creating false data, but it looks as if they were being rewarded on the side by the University, not enriched by the grants themselves. Research grant money does NOT go into the pockets of researchers. It pays for the conduct of the research.

Nobody said anyone was getting rich, Captain Strawman.....Just that there's absolutely no incentive for the "scientists" to disprove the hoax.

But I do thank you for providing another bit of circumstantial evidence that you warmers are peddling a load of shit: the blatant and willful mischaracterizations of counter-arguments.

Duke University just had to pay more than 112 million in fines for obtaining scientific research money fraudulently...the whistle blower collected a cool 30 million...good incentive for people to start blowing the whistle on climate pseudoscience...

The pay scales posted here is well within the normal range for PhD researchers in any field. And I know it makes you feel better to try to bring down others, but you make it so obvious it only reflects badly on you.

I think the point this thread was trying to make was that these researchers aren't enriching themselves off research grants. Unfortunately, the data presented are salaries, not grants.

Notice in the recent news bit about falsified research in the lung functions of mice, funded by the NIH and the EPA, it is the university that is charged with the fraud, not individual researchers. Obviously, some researchers must have been involved in creating false data, but it looks as if they were being rewarded on the side by the University, not enriched by the grants themselves. Research grant money does NOT go into the pockets of researchers. It pays for the conduct of the research.
Beats going out and creating a product that others would willingly purchase....Decent pay, nice bennies, no-interest loans on their homes.

Certainly beats the shit out of working.

That opinion is irrelevant to the point under discussion. Researchers do not put grant money into their own pockets. The idea that every climate researcher on the planet is lying to get rich fails the sanity test.

Forum List

Back