So how much Gov is 2 much Gov?

Properly defined, rights don't impose obligations upon others to perform for you to enjoy the right. For example, the completely specious "right" to medical care imposes a burden upon the fit, to mitigate and pay for the health consequences of the lifestyles of the obese.

That is very true.

Just as the "right" not to have our nation invaded imposes a burden on the fit to go out and defend our nation in times of war.

Having been one of the last Americans who faced (and lost) the draft lottery, I completely understand why you might, as an American, feel somewhat put out that you might be asked to stand and deliver when others (who can not stand and deliver) aren't being so asked.

Civilization tends to do that sort of unfair thing to some of us, doesn't it?

The strong much protest the weak, the wealthy must help the poor, the young must help the aged.

It's all very terrible, isn't it?

Perhaps we were better off when we lived in anarchy and only the strong and swift won the race.

I understand that utopia is still available to people in Somalia.

You migh consider moving there to be finally free of these egregious obligations that society is imposing on you.

Let me know if you need directions for getting there.

I'll be happy to oblige.

I always point out that the HBO series Deadwood, is the idyllic Republican Dream, a world without taxation, and one where you can just shoot someone and feed them to the hogs, and no one will bother you. A world where sewage runs freely in unpaved streets.

People should focus more on what their taxes do, as well as how much they have left over after they pay taxes. I know as much as the top income group pays, they've still got a ton of money left. So why all the whining? Want to get into a lower tax group--get a job at Hardee's. You'll be happy then, paying such a small amount in taxes....oh wait, that's right, you won't have those hundreds of thousands left, will you. How would that work for you. Rich folks have turned into such ingrates.

Pure uniformed partisan doggerel.

Forum List

Back