So how is Obama responsible for the Trump economy?

Ok Democrats. This is your chance to explain what you've been saying over and over, that Obama' policies are responsible for the great economy we're seeing now.

Just what did Obama do two years ago, four years ago, or eight years ago that's now causing such increased economic growth, low unemployment numbers, increased job growth, and increased consumer spending?

Please explain.

You first have to acknowledge that you know what a foundation is.

Ok Democrats. This is your chance to explain what you've been saying over and over, that Obama' policies are responsible for the great economy we're seeing now.

Just what did Obama do two years ago, four years ago, or eight years ago that's now causing such increased economic growth, low unemployment numbers, increased job growth, and increased consumer spending?

Please explain.

You first have to acknowledge that you know what a foundation is.
It's a bullshit term politicians use to take credit for something they didn't do.

4 million jobs created in the last 18 months of Obama's term. 4 million created in the first 18 months of Trump's.

Doesn't sound like much changed

That all depends on how you count the jobs, and who is doing the counting. The often-quoted "4 million jobs created" in Obama's last term doesn't mention how many jobs were being lost at the same time.

The unemployment rate was standing at 4.6% at the end of Obama's term. However,that number was misleading because it only counted those without jobs who are actively seeking employment. Obama's BLS purposely overlooked the huge population of workers who simply dropped out of the labor market and fell through the cracks.

Obama actually lost 14 million jobs during his two terms, and a large percent of the jobs he did create were actually part-time jobs. he also claimed that those manufacturing jobs were not coming back but under Trump, they have.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fchuckdevore%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F10%2FManufacturing-jobs1-1200x675.jpg

The Obama admin literally changed the definition of 'full-time' employment from 40 hours a week to 30 hours a week, in order to inflate their jobs numbers.

Look at any chart on economic statistics.

Most show a continuation of improving stats.

We do know Trump has borrowed 1.5 trillion to artificially pump up the economy.

Trump is building a house of cards.

Right, and if the economy were trending down when Trump took over you people would all blame Obama right, not a chance in hell. :eusa_hand:
Unlike you who blamed Obama for the effects of the Bush recession???

You assfucks are so predictably moronic.

Hey look, it's another liberal who believes Bush to be responsible for the 2008 recession. How cute...

That all depends on how you count the jobs, and who is doing the counting. The often-quoted "4 million jobs created" in Obama's last term doesn't mention how many jobs were being lost at the same time.

That's NET jobs you dolt

It isn't "net jobs" when people are dropping out of the workforce and not even being counted any more, zipperhead. Obama also had the worst economic growth this country has ever seen. He was the only President who never had a whole year of 3% GDP growth. His average annual growth rate was only 1.48%, which was the weakest of any expansion since at least 1949.

Q. Why were people leaving the work force

A. Baby Boomers were retiring in very large numbers.

You use of averages are a fools choice.

This is incorrect. Baby boomers were in fact coming OUT of retirement in order to support the college graduate living down in their basement.

Right, and if the economy were trending down when Trump took over you people would all blame Obama right, not a chance in hell. :eusa_hand:

Hey look, it's another liberal who believes Bush to be responsible for the 2008 recession. How cute...

Really. Who do you think did it?
Comn on, I need a good laugh supplied by yet another stupid fucking right wing dumbass.

More about "Obama's economy"...

1. 49-year low 3.7% Unemployment rate in Nov. 2018 - Check

2. Labor force participation rate at 62.8%, indicating that the labor market is at full employment - Check

3. GDP growth rate is 3.5% - Check

4. Gasoline prices down - Check

5. US is now an exporter of gas and oil -Check

6. Rapid wage growth. Average hourly earnings were up 3.1% over the previous year, which was the largest single-month rise since 2009 - Check

7. Consumer confidence above market expectations of 97 - Check

8 Black unemployment down to 5.9%, tying the record low - Check

9. Women’s unemployment rate down to 3.6 percent, the lowest it's been in 65 years - Check

10. Business Optimism Index reached an all time high of 108.80 Index Points in August of 2018, and is now at 104.8 - Check

11. China agrees today on 15% tariffs on cars we sell them, instead of 40% - Check

4 million jobs created in the last 18 months of Obama's term. 4 million created in the first 18 months of Trump's.

The unemployment rate was standing at 4.6% at the end of Obama's term. However,that number was misleading because it only counted those without jobs who are actively seeking employment. Obama's BLS purposely overlooked the huge population of workers who simply dropped out of the labor market and fell through the cracks.

Obama actually lost 14 million jobs during his two terms, and a large percent of the jobs he did create were actually part-time jobs. he also claimed that those manufacturing jobs were not coming back but under Trump, they have.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fchuckdevore%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F10%2FManufacturing-jobs1-1200x675.jpg

The Obama admin literally changed the definition of 'full-time' employment from 40 hours a week to 30 hours a week, in order to inflate their jobs numbers.

The change to 3

30 hours was only in consideration of when benefits under the ACA would be paid & had nothio\ng to do with the job numbers.

Either you are dumber than shit & or just a liar.

Either way it a real good showing by Trump. Obama deserves some of the credit.

But what did Obama do? We have definite actions Trump has taken to improve the jobs market and economy. But aside from some major spending bills which mostly poured money down a gopher hole, what did Obama do?

Shrinking economy at a rate over 6% to how many months of economic growth??
Oh Barry left him a fair hand but Trump has improved on it hugely.
rowing the deficit ios not improving it.

Yet, Ears grew the deficit more than anyone, and he improved the economy? Sounds like BS.
2008 $459 $1,017 3.1% Bank bailout. QE.
2009 $1,413 $1,632 9.8% Stimulus Act.
2010 $1,294 $1,905 8.6% Obama tax cuts. ACA. Simpson-Bowles.
2011 $1,300 $1,229 8.3% Debt crisis.
2012 $1,087 $1,276 6.7% Fiscal cliff.
2013 $679 $672 4.0% Sequester. Government shutdown.
2014 $485 $1,086 2.7% Debt ceiling.
2015 $438 $327 2.4% Defense = $736.4 b.
2016 $585 $1,423 3.1% Defense = $767.3 b.
2017 $665 $672 3.4% Defense = $812.3 b.
2018 (est) $833 $1,271 4.0% Defense = $824.7 b.
2019 (est) $984 $1,187 NA
2020 (est) $987 $1,198 NA
2021 (est) $916 $1,11

Now what?
chart_620_deficit_120319.jpg
[/QUOTE

Well well, well, you show what happens to the debt when wed have a massive recession.

I noted how you, being a dishonest fuck, cut the graph off at 2012 instead of showing the flattening of the graph as the deficits went down & the upward tic when El Dumpster took over.

But what did Obama do? We have definite actions Trump has taken to improve the jobs market and economy. But aside from some major spending bills which mostly poured money down a gopher hole, what did Obama do?

Shrinking economy at a rate over 6% to how many months of economic growth??
Oh Barry left him a fair hand but Trump has improved on it hugely.
rowing the deficit ios not improving it.

Yet, Ears grew the deficit more than anyone, and he improved the economy? Sounds like BS.
2008 $459 $1,017 3.1% Bank bailout. QE.
2009 $1,413 $1,632 9.8% Stimulus Act.
2010 $1,294 $1,905 8.6% Obama tax cuts. ACA. Simpson-Bowles.
2011 $1,300 $1,229 8.3% Debt crisis.
2012 $1,087 $1,276 6.7% Fiscal cliff.
2013 $679 $672 4.0% Sequester. Government shutdown.
2014 $485 $1,086 2.7% Debt ceiling.
2015 $438 $327 2.4% Defense = $736.4 b.
2016 $585 $1,423 3.1% Defense = $767.3 b.
2017 $665 $672 3.4% Defense = $812.3 b.
2018 (est) $833 $1,271 4.0% Defense = $824.7 b.
2019 (est) $984 $1,187 NA
2020 (est) $987 $1,198 NA
2021 (est) $916 $1,11

Now what?
chart_620_deficit_120319.jpg
[/QUOTE

Well well, well, you show what happens to the debt when wed have a massive recession.

I noted how you, being a dishonest fuck, cut the graph off at 2012 instead of showing the flattening of the graph as the deficits went down & the upward tic when El Dumpster took over.

Yeah, I cut the graph off....dumbass.

Really. Who do you think did it?
Comn on, I need a good laugh supplied by yet another stupid fucking right wing dumbass.

Here's a video of Senate Democrat Byron Dorgan on Nov. 4th, 1999 explaining why merging banks with real estate lenders would inevitably lead to a catastrophe. You tell me, was Bush president in 1999? Also, I can go ever further back if you'd like...

That's NET jobs you dolt

It isn't "net jobs" when people are dropping out of the workforce and not even being counted any more, zipperhead. Obama also had the worst economic growth this country has ever seen. He was the only President who never had a whole year of 3% GDP growth. His average annual growth rate was only 1.48%, which was the weakest of any expansion since at least 1949.

This is incorrect. Baby boomers were in fact coming OUT of retirement in order to support the college graduate living down in their basement.

I'm correct, I'm a baby boomer as were many of my colleagues, and only one that I know went back to work when his stocks and bonds fell to the basement in Oct. 2008 (I planned ahead and retired in Dec. 05, and paid for both of my two sons higher education). Of course some BBers didn't diversify and needed to work longer. Don't make general statements on issues which are clearly not true.

That's NET jobs you dolt

I'm correct, I'm a baby boomer as were many of my colleagues, and only one that I know went back to work when his stocks and bonds fell to the basement in Oct. 2008 (I planned ahead and retired in Dec. 05, and paid for both of my two sons higher education). Of course some BBers didn't diversify and needed to work longer. Don't make general statements on issues which are clearly not true.

Older workers: Labor force trends and career options : Career Outlook: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Hmm, who to believe here, someone on the internet claiming to know a few baby boomers, or trends issued by the Bureau of Labor Statistics pointing out that people on average now are working longer and later into life, and make up a larger portion of the workforce than ever before...??

Do the board a favor Wry, don't make general statements on issues which are clearly not true.

That's NET jobs you dolt

Older workers: Labor force trends and career options : Career Outlook: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Hmm, who to believe here, someone on the internet claiming to know a few baby boomers, or trends issued by the Bureau of Labor Statistics pointing out that people on average now are working longer and later into life, and make up a larger portion of the workforce than ever before...??

Do the board a favor Wry, don't make general statements on issues which are clearly not true.

Nice try, your spin and echo of my comment is both laughable and dishonest. Grow up. The baby boomers were born in the years 1946 to 1964. Those born in '64 are now 54 years old, those in 46 are now 74.

Some stats to consider:

9 Baby-Boomer Statistics That Will Blow You Away -- The Motley Fool

Last edited:

Nice try, your spin and echo of my comment is both laughable and dishonest. Grow up. The baby boomers were born in the years 1946 to 1964. Those born in '64 are now 54 years old, those in 46 are now 74.

Some stats to consider:

9 Baby-Boomer Statistics That Will Blow You Away -- The Motley Fool

Learn to read Pops...

"And, although they make up a smaller number of workers overall, the 65- to 74-year-old and 75-and-older age groups are projected to have faster rates of labor force growth annually than any other age groups. (See chart 2.) Over the entire 2014–24 decade, the labor force growth rate of the 65- to 74-year-old age group is expected to be about 55, and the labor force growth rate of the 75-and-older age group is expected to be about 86 percent, compared with a 5-percent increase for the labor force as a whole."

"This increase is being fueled by the aging baby-boom generation, a large group of people born between 1946 and 1964. By 2024, baby boomers will have reached ages 60 to 78. And some of them are expected to continue working even after they qualify for Social Security retirement benefits."

My father btw was born in '45, both parents were actually, and he's still working at a full time job he adores. I guess my anecdotal evidence cancels out your anecdotal evidence.

After Clinton and Bush totally fucked everything up. Obama fucked things up more, but the only way to go was up.

The big banks should have been let to fail, not bailed out to snap up property they made bad loans on. :cuckoo:

And people wonder why home ownership is down in America. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back