So how do you all feel about a totalitarian government?

westwall

WHEN GUNS ARE BANNED ONLY THE RICH WILL HAVE GUNS
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2010
Nevada
That is the gist of a book penned by one of the lead scientists of the IPCC.

"Professor David Shearman, MD, is Emeritus Professor of Medicine, University of Adelaide, and a Visiting Research Fellow at the University’s Department of Geography and Environmental Sciences and Law School. Professor Shearman was an Assessor for the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Third Assessment Report and the Fourth Assessment Report."

The book is called and is co-authored by a gentleman named Joseph Wayne Smith.

"The Climate Change Challenge and the Failure of Democracy" and in the preface they ask a simple question....

"If so, are you prepared to change your lifestyle now? Are you prepared to see society and its governance change if this is a necessary solution?"

Further on they argue that democratic government is "unnatural" for mankind and that authoritarianism is "the natural state" for humanity. To defend the "environment of the Earth" they propose creating a 'elite warrior leadership’ to ‘battle for the future of the earth’.

Chapter 9 of the book details how this "Warrior Elite" would be trained from childhood (much like the Spartans were) and then passed on to special universities to further their training. Then on page 134 we find

"Government in the future will be based upon . . . a supreme office of the biosphere. The office will comprise specially trained philosopher/ecologists. These guardians will either rule themselves or advise an authoritarian government of policies based on their ecological training and philosophical sensitivities. These guardians will be specially trained for the task."

Is this really where the world is heading? Every time I read this last passage I keep thinking of the Einsatzgruppen of Himmler and Heydrich.

The climate change challenge and the ... - Google Books

The Democrat party is the party of slavery and kissing the asses of the likes of Hugo Chavez, Fidel Castro, Daniel Ortega, Chairman Mao, the Soviets, and on and on.

What evidence is there that Democrats see freedom as a solution to any social problems?

The Democrat party is the party of slavery and kissing the asses of the likes of Hugo Chavez, Fidel Castro, Daniel Ortega, Chairman Mao, the Soviets, and on and on.

What evidence is there that Democrats see freedom as a solution to any social problems?

I haven't seen any slavery in my lifetime, so you are wrong.
I haven't seen any kiss ass in my lifetime, so you are wrong again.
:eusa_whistle:

6586_1_230c.jpg

Authoritarian government like Governor Brewer pulling the plug on some poor fellow as he was going into the operating room. The liver transplant he was to get was put back, and probably wasted as it is doubtful that there was anyone that was a match for it available. But she proved how tough and ideological she was, and you fellows are standing a applauding.

"Government in the future will be based upon . . . a supreme office of the biosphere. The office will comprise specially trained philosopher/ecologists. These guardians will either rule themselves or advise an authoritarian government of policies based on their ecological training and philosophical sensitivities. These guardians will be specially trained for the task."
This is basically what we currently have with our Z.O.G. government.

Boy, you fellows are first class fruitcakes.

We will see climate change, the people preventing the reduction of GHG emissions have made sure of that. And in no way will most of us be prepared for any of it, you are also making sure of that.

Boy, you fellows are first class fruitcakes.

We will see climate change, the people preventing the reduction of GHG emissions have made sure of that. And in no way will most of us be prepared for any of it, you are also making sure of that.

All I see is a totalitarian government demanding Americans buy "green" products whose manufacture is too noxious for the EPA to permit in this country.

I had hope. Looked like a straigforward discussion of the difference between Reagan's poltics and Kennedy's politics, but it quickly degenerated into the usual Bush/Cheney crap.

Yeah, talk environment and it always gets down to the Black Plague.

It's worth recalling his infamous public statement that "trees cause more pollution than automobiles do," and that if "you've seen one tree you've seen them all.
A look back at Reagan’s environmental record | Grist

Rated 89% by the LCV, indicating pro-environment votes. (Dec 2003)
Ted Kennedy on the Issues

I had hope. Looked like a straigforward discussion of the difference between Reagan's poltics and Kennedy's politics, but it quickly degenerated into the usual Bush/Cheney crap.

Yeah, talk environment and it always gets down to the Black Plague.

It's worth recalling his infamous public statement that "trees cause more pollution than automobiles do," and that if "you've seen one tree you've seen them all.
A look back at Reagan’s environmental record | Grist

Rated 89% by the LCV, indicating pro-environment votes. (Dec 2003)
Ted Kennedy on the Issues

Who cares about Reagan's environmental record? Did Mexico or China get cleaner while the US got dirtier?

Forum List

Back