So, How Did Romney Lose?

CrazedScotsman

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2012
There are many different opinions, but It all comes down to Mitt Romney just wasn't a good candidate. Think about it here, he couldn't beat John McCain in 08 for the nomination and John McCain lost in 08. So, what do Republicans do? They nominate the runner up to John McCain, lol. This isn't football with the saying of "Any given Sunday", no this is politics where everything comes into play.

What I think happened was that people who wanted Romney for their president just didn't go vote. They stayed home because they figured there was no way Obama was going to be re-elected. They thought they didn't have to worry about it. All of Obamas lies and coverups from Fast and Furious to Benghazi, unemployment over 8 percent for his entire presidency, $16 trillion in debt and cities filing for bankruptcy and all the other stuff. They didn't need to vote because there was no way US citizens were going to vote this guy back into office.

That will never happen again, or at least I hope it don't. Now all these people are kicking themselves and deserve what's coming to them. I know people are trying to figure out what happened, they don't want to admit it was themselves.

Just my opinion.

1) Disrespected and ran off the Rick Santorum and Ron Paul voters at the RNC.

2) Played defense after the first debate.

3) Said "me too" to more international meddling, warmongering and nation building.

Those three items are more than enough reason to have turned off the 2-3 million voters it would've taken for him to win.

handlesman-GOP.jpg

There are many different opinions, but It all comes down to Mitt Romney just wasn't a good candidate. Think about it here, he couldn't beat John McCain in 08 for the nomination and John McCain lost in 08. So, what do Republicans do? They nominate the runner up to John McCain, lol. This isn't football with the saying of "Any given Sunday", no this is politics where everything comes into play.

What I think happened was that people who wanted Romney for their president just didn't go vote. They stayed home because they figured there was no way Obama was going to be re-elected. They thought they didn't have to worry about it. All of Obamas lies and coverups from Fast and Furious to Benghazi, unemployment over 8 percent for his entire presidency, $16 trillion in debt and cities filing for bankruptcy and all the other stuff. They didn't need to vote because there was no way US citizens were going to vote this guy back into office.

That will never happen again, or at least I hope it don't. Now all these people are kicking themselves and deserve what's coming to them. I know people are trying to figure out what happened, they don't want to admit it was themselves.

Just my opinion.

Just.

Otherwise, keep telling yourself that.

There are alot more lazy people in America then ever.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Just my opinion.

Romney was a good enough candidate and a much better candidate in 2012 than he had been in 2008, but his campaign strategy was flawed. Romney and most of the Republican national leadership believed the election would be decided in favor of the candidate voters believed would do the best job of reviving the economy and in poll after poll right up to the end voters indicated that jobs and the economy were their most important issues and that they trusted Romney more on these issues, so the Romney campaign was successful in what it set out to do, convince voters that Romney would do a better job reviving the economy that Obama would. The problem with this strategy is that it is a one size fits all strategy.

The Obama campaign, on the other hand, tailored it message to fit key demographics, such as Hispanics and college educated single women, it believed it had to capture to win, and it used issues like immigration and abortion to persuade these groups that while they may believe Romney would do better job reviving the economy, on these heartfelt issues Obama was their friend and Romney was the enemy; on Nov. 6 these groups voted with their hearts for Obama.

The Romney campaign led a successful charge against Obama's record on the economy, but the Obama campaign outflanked them on social issues like immigration and abortion to win enough support from key demographics for whom these issues were important to more than make for Romney's advantage on the economy.

All politicians (or nearly all) lie and scheme to get elected. The Obama campaign just had a better scheme this time.

Cuz more people voted for Obama.

Its pretty simple.

The Dems spent 4 years trying to win over small segments of the population. The GOP spent 4 years pissing off small segments of them. Darn math.

Not at all complicated: Romney was and is a wishy-washy moderate with few (if any) core beliefs. Like the last THREE times the GOP nominated a wishy-washy moderate (G. H. W. Bush 1992, Dole 1996, McCain 2008), they got pasted. Though not much of one, G. W. Bush at least ran as a conservative.

1. Raging sociopath who would lie and say anything on the chance it would get him votes.
2. His economic and political plans made absolutely no sense.
3. People still have a foul taste in their mouth from Bush.
4. His party has become completely delusional, deceitful and fractionalized.

Not at all complicated: Romney was and is a wishy-washy moderate with few (if any) core beliefs. Like the last THREE times the GOP nominated a wishy-washy moderate (G. H. W. Bush 1992, Dole 1996, McCain 2008), they got pasted. Though not much of one, G. W. Bush at least ran as a conservative.

yes... please bring your party full winger...

please...

It is not "my" party. The contrary...if it were, I doubt I would be able to so clearly see exactly how they screwed the pooch.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz0ZK8yMARw]A 13 Minute Video Every Voter Should Watch - YouTube[/ame]

Just my opinion.

Romney was a good enough candidate and a much better candidate in 2012 than he had been in 2008, but his campaign strategy was flawed. Romney and most of the Republican national leadership believed the election would be decided in favor of the candidate voters believed would do the best job of reviving the economy and in poll after poll right up to the end voters indicated that jobs and the economy were their most important issues and that they trusted Romney more on these issues, so the Romney campaign was successful in what it set out to do, convince voters that Romney would do a better job reviving the economy that Obama would. The problem with this strategy is that it is a one size fits all strategy.

The Obama campaign, on the other hand, tailored it message to fit key demographics, such as Hispanics and college educated single women, it believed it had to capture to win, and it used issues like immigration and abortion to persuade these groups that while they may believe Romney would do better job reviving the economy, on these heartfelt issues Obama was their friend and Romney was the enemy; on Nov. 6 these groups voted with their hearts for Obama.

The Romney campaign led a successful charge against Obama's record on the economy, but the Obama campaign outflanked them on social issues like immigration and abortion to win enough support from key demographics for whom these issues were important to more than make for Romney's advantage on the economy.

All politicians (or nearly all) lie and scheme to get elected. The Obama campaign just had a better scheme this time.

Romney's campaign was amateurish from the beginning to the pathetic end to where even the "insiders" were unable to read a simple poll.

I think Obama's performance in the first debate could be best described as, "Really....this is the guy you sent to beat me?"

There were no successes in the Romney campaign after the primaries. From the overseas trip to Poland of all places, to the decision not to campaign until labor day, to the Ryan pick that added nothing, to the convention that gave him no bounce and where he was overshadowed by an actor talking to an empty chair, to the 47% video, to the silly ad about Chrysler, to his Hail Mary in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan....it was probably as close to a total failure as we are likely to see in our lifetimes.

Who'd a thought that McCain would have run a more competent campaign than Romney. Somewhere McCain is laughing at this fiasco.

Why did Romney lose? -- Too many true believers stayed home.

The misleading facts, that white evangelical Christians made up 26 percent of the electorate this year and that 78 percent of them went for Romney, are due entirely to the piss-poor turnouts on both sides. The question is this: what percent would this year's evangelical turnout have been of the 2008 electorate? The answer to that would shed a great deal of light on just how many fewer evangelicals voted in 2012.

The 'pubs have been pandering to the fundies for an awfully long time; you'd think they'd know better than to run a CULTIST for President.

Last edited:
Why did Romney lose?

Too many true believers stayed home.

The misleading facts, that white evangelical Christians made up 26 percent of the electorate this year and that 78 percent of them went for Romney, are due entirely to the piss-poor turnouts on both sides. The question is this: what percent would this year's evangelical turnout have been of the 2008 electorate? The answer to that would shed a great deal of light on just how many fewer evangelicals voted in 2012.

The 'pubs have been pandering to the fundies for an awfully long time; you'd think they know better than to run a CULTIST for President.

Some truth there.

I brought it up early in the primary season but I think it would be, if nothing else, unique to name your VP and perhaps on of your "big four" in the primary season. It would set you apart, you could show one wing of your party (or the other) what you're about, embody a new approach to doing things, etc....

Forum List

Back