So, How Come You're Still A Leftie?

How can any thoughtful citizen continue to support the liberal-progressive agenda?
What aspects of a failed philosophy do you not understand?

1. Shouldn’t we expect to see the cities that have had long-term Democrat governance as being utopias?
“Why is it that every Democratic run city has the highest crime rates??
For example, Detroit, whose mayor has been indicted on felony charges, hasn't elected a Republican mayor since 1961. Buffalo has been even more stubborn. It started putting a Democrat in office back in 1954, and it hasn't stopped since.

Unfortunately, those two cities may be alone at the top of the poverty rate list, but they're not alone in their love for Democrats. Cincinnati, Ohio (third on the poverty rate list), hasn't had a Republican mayor since 1984. Cleveland, Ohio (fourth on the list), has been led by a Democrat since 1989. St. Louis, Missouri (sixth), hasn't had a Republican since 1949, Milwaukee, Wisconsin (eighth), since 1908, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (ninth), since 1952 and Newark, New Jersey (10th), since 1907.
Democrat run Cites lead the highest crime and murder rates

2. How about Democrat candidates running as Democrats, instead of pretending that they are conservatives? Why do they do that?

a. How bad is it for Democrats? They’re running against their own programs. ObamaCare, cap-n-tax, you name it, they’re against it now. This situation reached absurdity when five Democrat members of Congress ran ads claiming to have voted “no” on TARP. The five are Frank Kratovil (MD), Dina Titus (NV), Mary Jo Kilroy (OH), Kathy Dahlkemper (PA) and Glenn Nye (VA). The inconvenient truth is, according to FactCheck.org, “None of the five lawmakers who are running these ads is listed in the roll call vote. That’s because none of them had taken office yet.” Democrats Run From Their Record: epic fail obama Conservative Libertarian Outpost

b. If Democrats running against the White House prevail, the result could have a profound impact on the party's ability to govern. More than 30 Democrats with proven records of independence are campaigning on this theme, and scores more have started trying to do so late in the game. Even if the party maintains control of the House, it almost certainly won't have a functioning liberal majority, Democratic aides and lawmakers say. Tom Faranda's Folly: WSJ: Conservative Democrat Congressmen doing well in election run-up

c. …party officials in Washington can’t identify a single House member who’s running an ad boasting of a “yes” vote — despite the fact that 219 House Democrats voted in favor of final passage in March.
Read more: Democrats run away from health care - Jennifer Haberkorn - POLITICO.com

d. "The common wisdom holds that 'both parties' have to appeal to the extremes during the primary and then move to the center for the general election. To the contrary, both parties run for office as conservatives. Once they have fooled the voters and are safely in office, Republicans sometimes double-cross the voters. Democrats always do."
Coulter, 11-27-03

My answer…folks who want to be assured that there will be somebody (or something, i.e. government) that promises to take care of them support left-wing policies.

a. Liberal linguist Professor George Lakoff highlights this explanation, in his book “Don't Think of an Elephant!,” when he speaks of progressives framing policy in a ‘nurturing and cooperative” manner, as opposed to those mean conservatives who rely on a more competitive, ‘strict father’ rendition.

b. And even when said policies are exposed as failures, i.e., the Obama economic policies, our left-wing friends continue to argue in their favor. The answer is right here:

“The general idea is that it’s absolutely threatening to admit you’re wrong,” says political scientist Brendan Nyhan, the lead researcher on the Michigan study. The phenomenon — known as “backfire” — is “a natural defense mechanism to avoid that cognitive dissonance.”
How facts backfire - The Boston Globe

So, I understand you predicament, lefties... (but remember to pull the right lever in the privacy of the election booth.)

In my opinion, your post is nothing more than partisan points that seek to further divide the entrenched party politics of the voting populous at large.

In my opinion, your post leaves out the central focus and foundation of this Republic, the Constitution of the United States. The proper adjudication of the Constitution should be the focal point of discussion, not more promotion of Democrats this, GOP that.

Freedom and liberty is not about political parties, or any allegiance thereto.

We don't have a Democrat problem. We don't have a GOP or Independent problem in this Republic. We have a "We The People" problem.

If the point of your post and thread was to try and educate your fellow Americans on the necessity of focusing on the Constitution apart from party politics, you failed miserably.

If the point of your post and thread was to further promote partisan politics in a condescending manner void of any real substance, as it relates to the foundation of the Republic and the proper adjudication thereof, you are well on your way.

I am liberal due to the facts.

You dont posses them

I believe in what I can make a logical, reasonal, rational argument for. I believe in what makes the most sense, and, is most defensible intellectually.

That leads me, inevitably, to being a liberal.

That leads you to, inevitably, being 180 degrees out-of-phase with reality.... But hey, keep on living in your dreamy little utopia that exists only in your mind.

We enjoy the show!

How can any thoughtful citizen continue to support the liberal-progressive agenda?

1. Shouldn’t we expect to see the cities that have had long-term Democrat governance as being utopias?
For example, Detroit, whose mayor has been indicted on felony charges, hasn't elected a Republican mayor since 1961. Buffalo has been even more stubborn. It started putting a Democrat in office back in 1954, and it hasn't stopped since.

Unfortunately, those two cities may be alone at the top of the poverty rate list, but they're not alone in their love for Democrats. Cincinnati, Ohio (third on the poverty rate list), hasn't had a Republican mayor since 1984. Cleveland, Ohio (fourth on the list), has been led by a Democrat since 1989. St. Louis, Missouri (sixth), hasn't had a Republican since 1949, Milwaukee, Wisconsin (eighth), since 1908, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (ninth), since 1952 and Newark, New Jersey (10th), since 1907.

2. How about Democrat candidates running as Democrats, instead of pretending that they are conservatives? Why do they do that?

a. How bad is it for Democrats? They’re running against their own programs. ObamaCare, cap-n-tax, you name it, they’re against it now. This situation reached absurdity when five Democrat members of Congress ran ads claiming to have voted “no” on TARP. The five are Frank Kratovil (MD), Dina Titus (NV), Mary Jo Kilroy (OH), Kathy Dahlkemper (PA) and Glenn Nye (VA). The inconvenient truth is, according to FactCheck.org, “None of the five lawmakers who are running these ads is listed in the roll call vote. That’s because none of them had taken office yet.” Democrats Run From Their Record: epic fail obama Conservative Libertarian Outpost

b. If Democrats running against the White House prevail, the result could have a profound impact on the party's ability to govern. More than 30 Democrats with proven records of independence are campaigning on this theme, and scores more have started trying to do so late in the game. Even if the party maintains control of the House, it almost certainly won't have a functioning liberal majority, Democratic aides and lawmakers say. Tom Faranda's Folly: WSJ: Conservative Democrat Congressmen doing well in election run-up

c. …party officials in Washington can’t identify a single House member who’s running an ad boasting of a “yes” vote — despite the fact that 219 House Democrats voted in favor of final passage in March.
Read more: Democrats run away from health care - Jennifer Haberkorn - POLITICO.com

d. "The common wisdom holds that 'both parties' have to appeal to the extremes during the primary and then move to the center for the general election. To the contrary, both parties run for office as conservatives. Once they have fooled the voters and are safely in office, Republicans sometimes double-cross the voters. Democrats always do."
Coulter, 11-27-03

My answer…folks who want to be assured that there will be somebody (or something, i.e. government) that promises to take care of them support left-wing policies.

a. Liberal linguist Professor George Lakoff highlights this explanation, in his book “Don't Think of an Elephant!,” when he speaks of progressives framing policy in a ‘nurturing and cooperative” manner, as opposed to those mean conservatives who rely on a more competitive, ‘strict father’ rendition.

b. And even when said policies are exposed as failures, i.e., the Obama economic policies, our left-wing friends continue to argue in their favor. The answer is right here:

“The general idea is that it’s absolutely threatening to admit you’re wrong,” says political scientist Brendan Nyhan, the lead researcher on the Michigan study. The phenomenon — known as “backfire” — is “a natural defense mechanism to avoid that cognitive dissonance.”

So, I understand you predicament, lefties... (but remember to pull the right lever in the privacy of the election booth.)

In my opinion, your post is nothing more than partisan points that seek to

In my opinion, your post leaves out the central focus and foundation of this Republic, the Constitution of the United States. The proper adjudication of the Constitution should be the focal point of discussion, not more promotion of Democrats this, GOP that.

We don't have a Democrat problem. We don't have a GOP or Independent problem in this Republic. We have a "We The People" problem.

If the point of your post and thread was to try and educate your fellow Americans on the necessity of focusing on the Constitution apart from party politics, you failed miserably.

If the point of your post and thread was to further promote partisan politics in a condescending manner void of any real substance, as it relates to the foundation of the Republic and the proper adjudication thereof, you are well on your way.

Why, BG, thanks so much for your input, and for the admission that you were nonplussed by the OP and the thread.

My suggestion would be that you read more carefully, and use a dictionary, and, above all, never give up...reading is a skill, and, like so many other skills, practice makes perfect.

I hope that my helping you out here will not set you back in your reading improvement, but I'm a sucker for those in need...

You see, there are a number of our fellow Americans who are easily led, and manipulated by leftist activists...and my greatest fear is that they may pull the wrong lever on Tuesday!

And the result might "further divide the entrenched party politics of the voting populous at large. "

Doesn't that sound familiar? You see, you've been helpful already!

And to point out the error of their ways, I've noted that the Democrats have largely ruined our great cities by instituting their leftist policies...see how bad that is, BB? I know you'd never do anything like that, would you.

And then I told our friends how the activists lie to them...lying is baaaad, isn't it?

Now, as for "The proper adjudication of the Constitution should be the focal point of discussion," and "Freedom and liberty is not about political parties," and ""We The People," those sound like great titles for chapters in my next book.

Well, thanks so much for writing!

Coulter, 11-27-03

Why, BG, thanks so much for your input, and for the admission that you were nonplussed by the OP and the thread.

My suggestion would be that you read more carefully, and use a dictionary, and, above all, never give up...reading is a skill, and, like so many other skills, practice makes perfect.

I hope that my helping you out here will not set you back in your reading improvement, but I'm a sucker for those in need...

You see, there are a number of our fellow Americans who are easily led, and manipulated by leftist activists...and my greatest fear is that they may pull the wrong lever on Tuesday!

And the result might "further divide the entrenched party politics of the voting populous at large. "

And to point out the error of their ways, I've noted that the Democrats have largely ruined our great cities by instituting their leftist policies...see how bad that is, BB? I know you'd never do anything like that, would you.

And then I told our friends how the activists lie to them...lying is baaaad, isn't it?

Now, as for "The proper adjudication of the Constitution should be the focal point of discussion," and "Freedom and liberty is not about political parties," and ""We The People," those sound like great titles for chapters in my next book.

:lol:

Cognition is not your strong suit..is it?

:lol:

Cognition is not your strong suit..is it?

I'd heard that liberals and fools have no sense of humor...and your post is proof of both!

LOL. I just like the humanistic aspect of many of the dems vs the let them die / increase profit above all else attitude of the right.

Other than that the dems just suck a bit less than the repugs do.

Liberal policies suck for the cities. THE WORST policy for the inner city comes from the nanny welfare states "war on drugs". Once that debacle was created all Hell broke loose.

If you want to fix the cities, eliminate taxes for new businesses, lower the minimum wage, get rid of the proggressive tax code and flatten the tax rate to a low fixed rate, eliminate the drug war, secure the border with Mexico, and create more school competition and teacher-student home-school participation.

Jobs will run back to the cities, education will improve, and the quality of life will follow.

That's the most perfectly absurd thing I've ever heard. Sure, they all sound good and seem to resonate with those of little mental capacity, but unfortunately stating that they'll "Fix" the cities has no basis in fact.

Cities are primarily in such bad shape because manufacturing and industry are gone (Overseas), and for the most part, anybody with any money has left. Those responsible for shipping jobs to the lowest bidder without regard for the effects at home are... Wait for it... The laissez-faire capitalists- Or as they like to call themselves these days, "Conservatives."

Just remember--Miami is number one on the poverty list and we have had crooks from both parties(Is it 5 years running now??).

Now we are kicking out our latest one. Mayor Alvarez is Fired! That what you get for giving the Marlins 70% of that 500 million dollar stadium out of tax funds, your cronies 50 to 100% pay raises and then raise property tax on top of it!

Now some of you will say that Alvarez is a democrat--nope, he is a corrupt Republican whose true political leanings is a bit to close to Castro!! I never heard of a Republican raising taxes during a recession, but he did! And he even held a special election to gain more power for his office!

OH Well--Thanks to the Tea Party, those corrupt Republcans don't stand a chance. Special elections are taken place this spring!!

Just remember--Miami is number one on the poverty list and we have had crooks from both parties(Is it 5 years running now??).

Now we are kicking out our latest one. Mayor Alvarez is Fired! That what you get for giving the Marlins 70% of that 500 million dollar stadium out of tax funds, your cronies 50 to 100% pay raises and then raise property tax on top of it!

Now some of you will say that Alvarez is a democrat--nope, he is a corrupt Republican whose true political leanings is a bit to close to Castro!! I never heard of a Republican raising taxes during a recession, but he did! And he even held a special election to gain more power for his office!

OH Well--Thanks to the Tea Party, those corrupt Republcans don't stand a chance. Special elections are taken place this spring!!

they did that over in right wing tampa and everyone loved it.

Well not me, I sure do not want my tax dollar going to fund a private stadium that the owners get millions just for selling the name to Raymond James.

<snip>PC writes absolutely nothing of worth

Nobody is taken aback by your OP, and its core concept was dismissed in the first four pages. You have been backpedaling ever since, PC. Honey, you are not entitled to your own opinion in the public forum without getting your butt kicked up between your shoulders so you can hear it being pounded on. Remember that you are here for grins and chuckles only until you sign on to reality.

Feed them to the ones who have homes?

Hmmm, not a half-bad idea. How about we place these homeless children into households making over $500,000. annually. That way it is in the "best interest of the child." Then we will give the families a small tax credit, as their reward.

Forum List

Back