So Here's My Question

Why? because the Germans and Italians are ashamed of their behavior? Why is it reprehensible to bring up the dead Jews and American soldiers? Why? And who decides when enough time has passed and it's time to move on? Germany? Italy? I don't think so.

I have family buried in Normandy. I have walked through Treblinka. I know the cost of WWII. I am also intelligent enough to recognize that this Italy is not that Italy, just like this Germany is not that Germany. I'm a rational person. I don't do hysteria. And I certainly don't hold the mistakes of previous generations against the current one. If you do, that is your issue.

This is about one individual - that happens to be an American. The facts of the case do not support her innocence.

well the beloved Italians think differently they acquitted her.

Even the Appeals Judge wasn't overly convinced of her innocence.... just that the prosecution had been mishandled.

In Scotland, they have a verdict of 'not proven'. Which I find interesting. It is not declaring someone innocent, but it does say the case against them isn't strong enough for a conviction.

The foundation for the prosecution was the DNA and the DNA evidence or conclusions were not even up to American standards.

"What (the Italian forensic experts) found was that the knife recovered from Raffaele's apartment not only did not have traces of human blood, but it had not been cleaned in the way the prosecution said. They had said that Amanda bleached the knife. Instead, what experts appointed by the judge said was that the blade had potato starch on it. It was a typical kitchen knife. It was found in a kitchen drawer with other knifes. It wasn’t well cleaned and it wasn't used as a murder weapon."

The Italian prosecutors used a DNA detection limit far below that of the independent U.S. experts or the FBI in determining the presence of blood DNA on the blade, Hampikian said, which made contamination a much more likely source of the genetic material.

The second piece of evidence was Kercher's bra clasp that allegedly had Sollecito's DNA but was inconclusive, according to Hampikian. Police investigators found no DNA from Sollecito or Knox on the rest of the bra, other items of Kercher's clothing, objects collected from Kercher's room, or in samples from her body. However they did find large amounts of DNA from Rudy Guede, a drifter from the Ivory Coast who was separately convicted of Kercher's murder and is serving 16 years in prison.
How Dodgy DNA Freed Amanda Knox : Discovery News

they acquitted her and should have to live with that decision. No she should not be extradited for a crime she has already been found innocent of.

Here is what one FBI agent said about the case

“The evidence doesn’t just say she didn’t do it; the evidence proved that she couldn’t have done it,” Moore told Curry. “The evidence that was presented in trial was flawed, it was manipulated,” he told Curry. “Some people think some of it was actually planted.”

Former FBI agent: Amanda Knox is innocent - TODAY People - TODAY.com

If Barry could be guaranteed an Italian voting block of a couple of thousand votes he would order his crooked A.G. to send her back in a heartbeat. I don't think the votes are there so she ain't going back.

Forum List

Back