So having "principles" means I can never NOT vote GOP???

Just goes to show that if a republican even expresses a moderate position he is suddenly a traitorous far left psycho and instant pariah.

Jesus christ you're like the fucking Mr Shaman of the right around here :rolleyes:

CON2593-27.jpg

Just sayin' s0n.........and .turn off that MSNBC BS...........watching that shit'd make anybody miserable:D

Saw the trend of responses to me this week. Apparantely, the GOP gives a standard issue set of opinions. Issued to every right winger, from which he or she will never falter. Never question. Never EVER publicly denounce. That no matter what happens in politics, if it is being done or suggested by a GOP/Tea Party candidate, one must agree with it or silently shut the fuck up. And God forbid entertain the idea of making these TP candidates EARN my vote....or if not....vote against them.

My principles are fairly simple. Politicians are elected representatives. Root word REPRESENT.

People hammer them all the time for flip flopping. Saying one thing one day, then doing another. WHY? If their job is to be a sole voice of the whole, what if the whole tends to change their minds? What if the mayor of Anytown, USA represents his people who want a smoking ban. And he says he supports it. Then, over a couple years, over 50% of the citizens in that town change their mind. HIS job is to represent that view of the people.

So, is it possible that a candidate or movement, like the Tea Party, at one point represented MY views? Yes. And is it possible that the movement or it's candidates, over a few years, evolved and it's views and stands became less and less a mirror of mine? Yes.

I've changed a bit. So has the GOP, Tea Party and right wing in general.

My principles are NOT that I'll vote for the Red Team no matter what. YOU should also not allow yourself to just be issued a set of morals by a party, and follow them no matter what. If you find that your party or voting tendency no longer fits what you believe in, vote for what does, or vote in protest against it to send a message.

But being a robot is hardly principled.
No, but if your principles are liberty, free minds and free markets, then abandoning the GOP to go vote for the party that is the near antithesis of those values is beyond ludicrous.

I tossed the GOP overboard in 1995, but there was no way in hell I was going to empower dick nosed tyrants like Bubba Clintoon, Dick Gephart and Tom Daschle as any sort of principled move.

You, my friend, have fallen for the false dichotomy sophistry is the Heglian dialectic.

Dialectic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope you enjoy your chains.

Well, depends on who you ask regarding what is "freedom".

I disagree with abortion, but should we be free to do it? Many on the right dont think so.

I 100% believe in the freedom to smoke weed, although I've never used it. It's less harmful than booze and tobacco. Many on the right want to keep it illegal, many on the left want it legal.

I also believe in allowing gay marriage. The right obviously does not.

The left has advocated gun control, which I dont like. BUT, they are not acting on it. At least openly.

Its definitely a mess out there and picking who to vote for is always hard, at least for some. But my line in the sand was when the Tea Party began to advocate slashing ALL government, including cops and firemen, at any consequence. That meant slashing federal law enforcement, state, county, local. Fucking with cops and firemen, that was it. And slashing budgets, pay and benefits for cops and firemen is being promoted from the federal GOP candidates, state, and local ones. Every damn one.

But my line in the sand was when the Tea Party began to advocate slashing ALL government, including cops and firemen, at any consequence.

Really? They want to get rid of all cops and firemen? Burn baby burn?
Or did they maybe question bloated cop and firemen salaries and pensions?
Staffing levels? And what does this have to do with Federal candidates?
My cops and firemen are paid by local taxes.

That meant slashing federal law enforcement, state, county, local. Fucking with cops and firemen, that was it.

OMG! Slashing? Down to what levels? 2007? 2003? 1999?
How did we ever survive back then?

And slashing budgets, pay and benefits for cops and firemen is being promoted from the federal GOP candidates, state, and local ones. Every damn one.

That's unforgivable! Were you planning to retire with one of these fat pensions soon?
I don't blame you. If I was a cop in San Bernadino, I wouldn't want to give up any of my bennies either. Screw those Tea Party types who want to be fiscally responsible.
Gimme, gimme, GIMME!!!

Jesus christ you're like the fucking Mr Shaman of the right around here :rolleyes:

CON2593-27.jpg

Just sayin' s0n.........and .turn off that MSNBC BS...........watching that shit'd make anybody miserable:D
MSNBC ok bro :thup:

You couldn't be as far right economically as me if your domestic partner's life depended on it.

Wht gives then s0n........did you catch your head on a rock out in the surf recently?

Anybody calling Bucs a "skeptical libertarian" either has a plate in their head or has since been long gone!!!

It's still fucking hilarious!

You're one of the few around here that makes me laugh for real, and you find that hilarious? lol come on bro.

The worst part of this whole thing is that people are calling this guy a far lefty just because he's got issues with the far right lately.

It's this absolute shit that really kills a good discussion.

At worst, the guy went from being a hardcore con to a skeptical libertarian.

Hardly a shift from one extreme to the other.
Problem being that the neocon right isn't "far right", by any stretch of the imagination.

The really bad news is that he's buying into the notion that the lesser of two tyrannies is a suitable option.

Just goes to show that if a republican even expresses a moderate position he is suddenly a traitorous far left psycho and instant pariah.
You know that sounds just like how the Democrats treated Joe Lieberman.:eusa_whistle:

Lieberman? You mean the turncoat who spoke at the republican convention and endorsed McCain? Are you actually presenting him as an example of unfair excommunication from the democratic party?

It's still fucking hilarious!

You're one of the few around here that makes me laugh for real, and you find that hilarious? lol come on bro.

The worst part of this whole thing is that people are calling this guy a far lefty just because he's got issues with the far right lately.

It's this absolute shit that really kills a good discussion.

At worst, the guy went from being a hardcore con to a skeptical libertarian.

Hardly a shift from one extreme to the other.
Problem being that the neocon right isn't "far right", by any stretch of the imagination.

The really bad news is that he's buying into the notion that the lesser of two tyrannies is a suitable option.

He's misguided early on in his epiphany. If he was smart enough not to be a raving liberal lunatic then I hold out hope that he'll figure it out eventually.

CON2593-27.jpg

MSNBC ok bro :thup:

You couldn't be as far right economically as me if your domestic partner's life depended on it.

Wht gives then s0n........did you catch your head on a rock out in the surf recently?

Anybody calling Bucs a "skeptical libertarian" either has a plate in their head or has since been long gone!!!

Read the guy's positions. It screams libertarian.

You know that sounds just like how the Democrats treated Joe Lieberman.:eusa_whistle:

Lieberman? You mean the turncoat who spoke at the republican convention and endorsed McCain? Are you actually presenting him as an example of unfair excommunication from the democratic party?

You mean Honest Joe, right? You should listen to him more. :D He is sure on the Right Track. :) You guys are getting awfully close to the cliff.

You mean Honest Joe, right? You should listen to him more. :D He is sure on the Right Track. :) You guys are getting awfully close to the cliff.

I have no idea what any of that means but if you like Senator Droopy you can have him.

I have no idea what any of that means but if you like Senator Droopy you can have him.

How often do I have to feed him and water him again?

Joe thought it was his turn and threw a hissy fit when he did not get the nod.

I guess the DNC has just been Renegade for far too long. You would not know what to do with a Statesman or a Gentleman in the first place. Joe should just consider himself lucky to still have all of his fingers and toes.

Forum List

Back