So having "principles" means I can never NOT vote GOP???

Saw the trend of responses to me this week. Apparantely, the GOP gives a standard issue set of opinions. Issued to every right winger, from which he or she will never falter. Never question. Never EVER publicly denounce. That no matter what happens in politics, if it is being done or suggested by a GOP/Tea Party candidate, one must agree with it or silently shut the fuck up. And God forbid entertain the idea of making these TP candidates EARN my vote....or if not....vote against them.

My principles are fairly simple. Politicians are elected representatives. Root word REPRESENT.

People hammer them all the time for flip flopping. Saying one thing one day, then doing another. WHY? If their job is to be a sole voice of the whole, what if the whole tends to change their minds? What if the mayor of Anytown, USA represents his people who want a smoking ban. And he says he supports it. Then, over a couple years, over 50% of the citizens in that town change their mind. HIS job is to represent that view of the people.

So, is it possible that a candidate or movement, like the Tea Party, at one point represented MY views? Yes. And is it possible that the movement or it's candidates, over a few years, evolved and it's views and stands became less and less a mirror of mine? Yes.

I've changed a bit. So has the GOP, Tea Party and right wing in general.

My principles are NOT that I'll vote for the Red Team no matter what. YOU should also not allow yourself to just be issued a set of morals by a party, and follow them no matter what. If you find that your party or voting tendency no longer fits what you believe in, vote for what does, or vote in protest against it to send a message.

But being a robot is hardly principled.

Clue: When an drooling twit like 'TruthMocker' thanks your post... you are fucking delusional.

Saw the trend of responses to me this week. Apparantely, the GOP gives a standard issue set of opinions. Issued to every right winger, from which he or she will never falter. Never question. Never EVER publicly denounce. That no matter what happens in politics, if it is being done or suggested by a GOP/Tea Party candidate, one must agree with it or silently shut the fuck up. And God forbid entertain the idea of making these TP candidates EARN my vote....or if not....vote against them.

My principles are fairly simple. Politicians are elected representatives. Root word REPRESENT.

People hammer them all the time for flip flopping. Saying one thing one day, then doing another. WHY? If their job is to be a sole voice of the whole, what if the whole tends to change their minds? What if the mayor of Anytown, USA represents his people who want a smoking ban. And he says he supports it. Then, over a couple years, over 50% of the citizens in that town change their mind. HIS job is to represent that view of the people.

So, is it possible that a candidate or movement, like the Tea Party, at one point represented MY views? Yes. And is it possible that the movement or it's candidates, over a few years, evolved and it's views and stands became less and less a mirror of mine? Yes.

My principles are NOT that I'll vote for the Red Team no matter what. YOU should also not allow yourself to just be issued a set of morals by a party, and follow them no matter what. If you find that your party or voting tendency no longer fits what you believe in, vote for what does, or vote in protest against it to send a message.

Clue: When an drooling twit like 'TruthMocker' thanks your post... you are fucking delusional.

She only thanked the post because she can't give reps for it. :eusa_shhh:

:lol:

dear spoiled little rich girl,

do you hate everyone who doesnt agree with your hate filled ideas?

I hate the republican party because it survives on nothing but lies now.

I hate any party that cheats in every election to gain power and in so doing tries to distory democarcy.

the real question is why all you people pretend to love this country while defending non stop your partys cheating?

I hate any party that cheats in every election to gain power and in so doing tries to distory democarcy.

the real question is why all you people pretend to love this country while defending non stop your partys cheating?

Your posts are nothing but lies, now and always.

If the GOP got by on nothing but lies, you'd BE a Republican, you lying twit.

I have a belief that eventually everyone will say something I agree with and I can thank them for that. In your case, I gave up and thanked you for another inane post. It's worse than that you have no knowledge, initiative or respect for anyone. Like MacCarthy said if liberals were merely stupid eventually something by coincidence would serve America's interest. That you can't ever be right is because you look to serve no one's interest but your own, and your interest is narrow, greedy and self centered.

Poor Miss Matters. Such a sad little song

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-p7n1xI6P8]sounds like a broken record, we livin' in rewind .. - YouTube[/ame]

So, you fancy yourself a principled Obamabot?

You're an asshole.

aint that the truth....and she has enough gall to say she hates liars......but then when you dont have much character......what else do you do,but lie and spin......

aint that the truth....and she has enough gall to say she hates liars......but then when you dont have much character......what else do you do,but lie and spin......

She's the product of the Democratic party, a welfare whore who demands doesn't ask and expects rather then appreciates.

The only thing worse than a party that will distory democarcy is a party that will distory edumacation.

Both those parties are spelled, Democratic.

How long until we get another GOP HATES FIRST RESPONDER threads?

Buc is quickly becoming like TM with her gop hates voter threads.
This happens at every major forum or in our case, board, in which case one or more LLWs pretends to go right, then boomerangs back into the fold 3 months before elections. lol

It's a Demmie Ritual Dance. It gets the attention of leftist lockstep press seeking validation for claiming "a lot of undecideds are going in for Obama" schtick. When it matches the skewed pollsters of the left and 30 obvious lawsuits are leveled at certain precincts for voter fraud against the left, it takes the onus off the close shave precincts in which a percentage panacea of vote stuffing takes place.

Being consistent with a poll means never having to say you're sorry.

Just goes to show that if a republican even expresses a moderate position he is suddenly a traitorous far left psycho and instant pariah.
You know that sounds just like how the Democrats treated Joe Lieberman.:eusa_whistle:

Lieberman? You mean the turncoat who spoke at the republican convention and endorsed McCain? Are you actually presenting him as an example of unfair excommunication from the democratic party?

Yeah, who knew campaigning for the opposite party would be one of our "hot button" issues. :rolleyes:

Ask yourself where these "principles" you are supporting will lead the nation.

Personally I think the "principles" that both parties stand for ARE the problem.

Are the party's identical?

No, they are not.

But their differences aren't the problem.

Their similarities most definitely ARE.

Are you arlen specter?

:lmao:

I'll need to check with the GOP to make sure my personal contact info is up to date. I missed my "issue[d] set of opinions".

But, I bet you believe aluminum foil is more a fashion statement than a cooking tool. ;)

You know that sounds just like how the Democrats treated Joe Lieberman.:eusa_whistle:

Lieberman? You mean the turncoat who spoke at the republican convention and endorsed McCain? Are you actually presenting him as an example of unfair excommunication from the democratic party?

Yeah, who knew campaigning for the opposite party would be one of our "hot button" issues. :rolleyes:

You guys gave old Joe the boot in 2006, which I'm pretty sure was 2 years before McCain's convention.

Forum List

Back