So Harry, what came first? The Chicken or the Egg?

R

rdean

Sue Lowden's 'Chicken For Checkups' health care plan is Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs | Crooks and Liars

The newest addition to the Republican Health Care Plan, pay with "chickens".

Sue Lowden (R), the leading Republican Senate candidate in Nevada:

"You know, before we all started having health care, in the olden days, our grandparents, they would bring a chicken to the doctor. They would say, 'I'll paint your house.' I mean, that's the old days of what people would do to get health care with your doctors. Doctors are very sympathetic people. I'm not backing down from that system."

While this may end up in the "Flame Zone", this is a "Real Republican" strategy. It's NOT a joke.

The DSCC’s new Chickens for Checkups Web site — a name that first appeared below on this blog — will allow people to send Lowden a “personalized message asking for her help in finding a doctor for their 19th century illness,” DSCC spox Deirdre Murphy says. It will include a menu of stuff you can choose to barter for treatment.

“You can’t make this stuff up,” Murphy says. “Sue Lowden is completely out of touch with reality if she thinks trading chickens for checkups is smart health care reform.”

Sue Lowden's Chickens for Checkups - DSCC: Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee

chickens_h1-1.jpg

Forum List

Back