So guys, what was your biggest general reaction after watching the address?

I am one of those who approved of his proposals. I also approved of much of what he said durning the campaign.

My dissaproval stems from his actions not matching his words in these areas in the past. I'll give him ANOTHER chance to live up to his promises this time but now he is preaching the opposite fiscally of what he once was so I'm not sure what to believe.

how could he keep the promises of bipartisanship when 40% of the ships crew was practicing nothing but muntiny all year?

I liked his smackdown of the democrats who can't get anything done and seem to give up too easily and then of the republicans for filibustering every single thing. I liked his smackdown of the supreme court for their corporate and foriegn $$$ campaign funding ruling. I liked his resolve to repeal don't ask don't tell. It was a very good speech, I liked a lot of it.

And now he better pull the can opener out of his pocket and dust the number ten can's lid off and open that huge can of whoopass.

So guys, what was your biggest general reaction after watching the address?
Incredulity.

I didn't watch because I want to stay healthy, and I would like to keep my TV in tact :eusa_angel:

No one has that affect on me like that guy that is currently residing at 1600 Pennsylvania BLVD
I didn't watch it either. I just played along with the platitude-by-platitude coverage right here. :)

Exactly how can you agree or disagree with the proposals if you are not aware of what needs to be done to acheive them?

I mean...who would disagree with the idea of increasing employment...
Who would disagree with ensuring no one is hungry?
Who would disagree with decreasing the debt?

Give me the "sacrifices" that are attached to those "plans" and then I can say the sacrifices are worth the results...or not worth the results.

This that poll is garbage to me.....it is simply 83% of the people saying they like the way he said what he said.

You don't see what you refuse to look at. He said, for example SPECIFICALLY, that government should tighten it's belt along with Americans who are doing the same. In fantasy land, or from the mouth of a conservative, this statement would set your kind into an epileptic seizure of affectionate agreeableness... yet, when your political enemy says it.. well.. again, you refuse to see it.

But, by all means.. ignore polls that don't correlate to your prefab opinion. I'm sure you'll do well during the next election.

:rolleyes:

The problem is not what he says, it's the fact that he's burnt all credibility. Someone else might actually mean it but with Obama you KNOW it's just populist rhetoric. He calls for offshore drilling AFTER he BANNED offshore drilling back in February. His actions have spoken way louder than his words.

I hope he opens a can of whoopass.

He better kick the republicans ass all the way down the street.

Steamroll over them and get the work the people need done done without their dead beat asses.

The%20Waterboy.2.jpg

Exactly how can you agree or disagree with the proposals if you are not aware of what needs to be done to acheive them?

Give me the "sacrifices" that are attached to those "plans" and then I can say the sacrifices are worth the results...or not worth the results.

This that poll is garbage to me.....it is simply 83% of the people saying they like the way he said what he said.

You don't see what you refuse to look at. He said, for example SPECIFICALLY, that government should tighten it's belt along with Americans who are doing the same. In fantasy land, or from the mouth of a conservative, this statement would set your kind into an epileptic seizure of affectionate agreeableness... yet, when your political enemy says it.. well.. again, you refuse to see it.

But, by all means.. ignore polls that don't correlate to your prefab opinion. I'm sure you'll do well during the next election.

You can count on it...the right will do VERY WELL. You failed to acknowledge one flaw in his statement... "Government SHOULD tighten it's belt..." He didn't say "WOULD". And in amazing opposition to his point on a spending freeze, he doesn't intend to do anything until 2011...and even then, it may not go into effect until LATE 2011. Any mention of a spending freeze DID send many democrats into seizure mode. Maybe you didn't see their faces....They were clapping...but they were pain-stricken doing it.

There was no poll involved in developing that opinion. No correlation needed.

meh... go ahead and get your hopes up. As to the posted evidence.. well.. again, don't look at what you don't want to face. Hows those house and senate seats treating you these days?

Bush's SOTU was 85%. Got a point?

Poll: 83% of Speech Watchers Approve of Obama's State of the Union Proposals - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

In January 2002 — when George W. Bush gave the State of the Union Address a year into his presidency — 85% of speech watchers approved.

oh, you mean FOUR MONTHS AFTER 9/11?

:rofl:

you people REALLY crack me up..

Very good speech, as always. Obama's a great orator and this was his best speech probably since he took office.

The content of it however is mostly empty rhetoric and has a handful of misleading falsehoods. Obama's great at rhetorical flourish and speaking to the high-minded idealism of the people who voted for him, vacillating while seeming to take firm stances so he doesn't offend the middle, but the rhetoric rarely matches policy which so far has been almost uniformly terrible.

Par for the course I'd say.

how could he keep the promises of bipartisanship when 40% of the ships crew was practicing nothing but muntiny all year?

How about transparancy truth? Were there any backroom deals on health care?

HOw about his "Spending Freeze"

Watch the crazy man NAIL obama's speding freeze to the wall and beat it like a baby seal.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orFUZsBkQx0]YouTube - Glenn Beck - I'm Going To Freeze My Diet[/ame]

The content of it however is mostly empty rhetoric and has a handful of misleading falsehoods.
Ummm...I don't know how to break this to you.....ALL of his speeches are mostly empty rhetoric and handfuls of misleading falsehoods, with a few heaping scoops of platitudes and slogans thrown in for good measure.

You can count on it...the right will do VERY WELL. You failed to acknowledge one flaw in his statement... "Government SHOULD tighten it's belt..." He didn't say "WOULD". And in amazing opposition to his point on a spending freeze, he doesn't intend to do anything until 2011...and even then, it may not go into effect until LATE 2011. Any mention of a spending freeze DID send many democrats into seizure mode. Maybe you didn't see their faces....They were clapping...but they were pain-stricken doing it.

There was no poll involved in developing that opinion. No correlation needed.

The freeze on Govt spending is nothing but smoke and mirrors.. AFter all last year they upped all the budgets by 20% or so. Kinda like locking the barn after the horse has been stolen. They also left Defense and DOD out of the mix. Can't include them when we are fighting a war. Pelosi would like to though.

I think his whole speech was a bunch of smoke and mirrors. The guy got one hell of an eye opener when MA fell to the Reps and it was the Indi's who gave Brown the win. The self same Indi's that elected Barry. I had to laugh listening to OL'Rawm baby saying that they could have won in MA, if only they had more time. Jeeze. They just took it for granted that a Dem would win in MA and by the time Brown was burning up the poll numbers they finally got off their asses to assit. To Late.

Nope. Wash't impressed with the SOTU speech at all.

Of course not because you are such a partisan hack he could do exactly what you want and you would hate him.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgpwViyAlxo]YouTube - Harry Reid YAWN @ State of the Union[/ame]

this criticism, of course, coming from the people who are still bedazzled by Bush era lip service about overturning RvW.

Obama could have cured cancer last night and we all know how the same people regurgitating the same right wing silliness would insist that he just put cancer drug companies out of business.

another day another..

Forum List

Back