So guys, what was your biggest general reaction after watching the address?

moeshiznit

Rookie
Jan 28, 2010
Oh and also the following Republican Response? What's your reaction on that? Who do you believe more, the President or the Republican response? Which side do you believe was more effective (and/or convincing) in making their argument.

Ive been thinking about this for a while. :razz:

Let me know your thoughts!! :razz:

i always feel like i need a shower after listening to a politician give a speech

I got tired of Obama raising and then dropping his hands on the podium. It became very distracting with every thump of his hands, lol.

-TSO

Oh and also the following Republican Response? What's your reaction on that? Who do you believe more, the President or the Republican response? Which side do you believe was more effective (and/or convincing) in making their argument.

Here is what I think. Obama is planning to redesign the American flag by taking out the Stars and putting in a hammer and sickle.

For a state of the union address I heard very little about the state of the union. Instead I heard a lot of "I will do this" and "I will do that".

In essence it sounded like he plans to create the perfect world....put food on everyones table, a roof over everyones head, keep taxes in check, increase employment, increase business development, become a leader in clean energy and so on and so on.

Sounds like a plan.

The problem is, do we expect any president to say his plan is to do otherwise?

It was a campaign speech and nothing more.

hmmm...that was a SOTU speech? I thought he had started his new campaign.

Didn't watch the Republican response. I was too busy throwing up

Exactly how can you agree or disagree with the proposals if you are not aware of what needs to be done to acheive them?

I mean...who would disagree with the idea of increasing employment...
Who would disagree with ensuring no one is hungry?
Who would disagree with decreasing the debt?

Give me the "sacrifices" that are attached to those "plans" and then I can say the sacrifices are worth the results...or not worth the results.

This that poll is garbage to me.....it is simply 83% of the people saying they like the way he said what he said.

My reaction is simple http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...se-take-on-the-state-of-the-union-speech.html

I liked a lot of the statements he made and hope that this time, unlike after his campaign speeches in 2008, he walks the walk that he is talking.

I'm about 70% certain that he wont follow through on his promises with effective actions.

I'm hopeful he will do a 180 and start practicing what he is preaching.

Exactly how can you agree or disagree with the proposals if you are not aware of what needs to be done to acheive them?

Give me the "sacrifices" that are attached to those "plans" and then I can say the sacrifices are worth the results...or not worth the results.

This that poll is garbage to me.....it is simply 83% of the people saying they like the way he said what he said.

You don't see what you refuse to look at. He said, for example SPECIFICALLY, that government should tighten it's belt along with Americans who are doing the same. In fantasy land, or from the mouth of a conservative, this statement would set your kind into an epileptic seizure of affectionate agreeableness... yet, when your political enemy says it.. well.. again, you refuse to see it.

But, by all means.. ignore polls that don't correlate to your prefab opinion. I'm sure you'll do well during the next election.

:rolleyes:

I was please.

Obama's a tone deaf weasel and was full of his nasty, divisive, derisive even arrogant self and with Pelosi and Reid in the Hallelujah Choir, Dem could well lose 100 seats in the House in November

So guys, what was your biggest general reaction after watching the address?
Incredulity.

I didn't watch because I want to stay healthy, and I would like to keep my TV in tact :eusa_angel:

No one has that affect on me like that guy that is currently residing at 1600 Pennsylvania BLVD

You don't see what you refuse to look at. He said, for example SPECIFICALLY, that government should tighten it's belt along with Americans who are doing the same. In fantasy land, or from the mouth of a conservative, this statement would set your kind into an epileptic seizure of affectionate agreeableness... yet, when your political enemy says it.. well.. again, you refuse to see it.

But, by all means.. ignore polls that don't correlate to your prefab opinion. I'm sure you'll do well during the next election.

:rolleyes:

You can count on it...the right will do VERY WELL. You failed to acknowledge one flaw in his statement... "Government SHOULD tighten it's belt..." He didn't say "WOULD". And in amazing opposition to his point on a spending freeze, he doesn't intend to do anything until 2011...and even then, it may not go into effect until LATE 2011. Any mention of a spending freeze DID send many democrats into seizure mode. Maybe you didn't see their faces....They were clapping...but they were pain-stricken doing it.

There was no poll involved in developing that opinion. No correlation needed.

Bush's SOTU was 85%. Got a point?

Poll: 83% of Speech Watchers Approve of Obama's State of the Union Proposals - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

In January 2002 — when George W. Bush gave the State of the Union Address a year into his presidency — 85% of speech watchers approved.

I hope he opens a can of whoopass.

He better kick the republicans ass all the way down the street.

Steamroll over them and get the work the people need done done without their dead beat asses.

Forum List

Back