So, funny story, it turns out Halliburton was responsible for the spill after all.

The report clearly states that the Concrete did not cause the actual Blow out.

the mechanics of a well are beyond the scope of most people. The well casing is a concrete barrier that surrounds a steel pipe called the well pipe.

Both the casing and the well pipe have to fail (rupture) fairly dramatically in order for a blowout to become catastrophic.

The blowout preventer valve also has to fail.

Apparently all three of these failed. Halliburton was responsible for the casing, Transocean for the blowout preventer and the drilling itself, BP merely for owning the well and the lease and pressuring the subcontractors to get it done.

yes I am aware of that. I was responding to the OP the implied the Blow out it self was on haliburton. Clearly all the parties share Blame, but the Concrete Mix did not cause the disaster.

actually that article and the report it is based on said no such thing.

It said that the accident could not have happened without a failure of the cement in the well casing, but it didn't assign primary responsibility, and it also made the same point about the Blowout preventer's failure.

You should read your sources before you post.

Oh, but I did. To wit:

ah but it didn't!

Although Mr. Bartlit does not specifically identify the cement failure as the sole or even primary cause of the blowout, he makes clear in his letter that if the cement had done its job and kept the highly pressured oil and gas out of the well bore, there would not have been an accident.

He said the exact same thing about the blowout preventer.

"if the blowout preventer had done its job and kept the highly pressured oil and gas out of the well bore, there would not have been an accident."

You apparently have reading comprehension issues.

Or you just like to lie.

OK, let's see if I can explain this to you...

The blowout preventer would not have even been necessary if Halliburton hadn't used the faulty cement...

So, the PRIMARY cause was in fact Halliburton's negligence.

BP does in fact have some blame assigned to them for not being able to stop the damage, but only AFTER Halliburton caused the problem.

See how that works?

The report clearly states that the Concrete did not cause the actual Blow out.

Well that's just an out-and-out lie.

At least the other guy was pointing out that there was no-one conclusively blaming Halliburton for the blowout as of yet...

You're just going full steam and stating that the report states Halliburton is not a at fault at all.

Way to up the ante. LOL.

So, the PRIMARY cause was in fact Halliburton's negligence.

Lemme see if I can explain this to an idiot-serial liar.

THE REPORT YOUR ARTICLE IS BASED ON explicitly contradicts you: posted, bolded and linked.

But here it is again, from your link:
Quote:
Although Mr. Bartlit does not specifically identify the cement failure as the sole or even primary cause of the blowout, he makes clear in his letter that if the cement had done its job and kept the highly pressured oil and gas out of the well bore, there would not have been an accident.

are you daft, hard of reasoning or just a fulloshit kinda guy?

Last edited:
Ahh we get to a major point of the right. Outsourcing removes resopnsibility from all parties it seems.
Strange from the party of personal responsibility.

But then as has been proven time and time again, that is just a lie/myth.
If the police had not taken so long to get here I would not have stomped her head. My bad back, etc...

Wadevah, Babba.

so the report doesn't say its conclusive, but lwc says it is and basis that on the report when the report in fact expressly says it is not saying that...ok

then...to support his claim, he says since the stock market price has gone down, shareholders also agree with "his" view....not at all...1. you make a report like this and idiots like you will run with fear...2. to many, they are adjusting downward solely on the potential, not that they agree with you

you obviously have no clue how the business world thinks

Criminal Organization supported by a corrupt and criminal political Bush regime.

They we're also supported during the Clinton regime, and currently are supported by the Hussein Regime. Not to mention about 70 other governments.

All they do is provide oil to whoever wants it, which is everybody.

Of course, I'm sure you don't use any oil at all. :cuckoo:

Don't you mean they were supported during the Jefferson Regime.....Or did you mean that Saddam Hussein supported Haliburton back when Raygun/Bush was treating him like a valued trading partner?

So, basically, there is blame enough for a variety of culprits, instead of just the big bad FOREIGN owned company. Wow. I sooo did not see that coming.

Oh wait.... Yea, actually I did. When the rest of you were getting all hyperbolic about BP and throwing your toys out of the playpen with incredible petulance, I defintely said that Halliburton and TransOcean are both equally in the shit for this. I predict that you will never hear about the dirty hands of our politicians though. And many of you will be too stupid to care about that part.

Hey ho. California Girl's 'secret'* sources were bang on the money. Damn, I'm good.

* They aren't secret. I say that just to toy with the drooling hordes who keep claiming I said that.

Forum List

Back