So, forget the sales numbers...

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
just going on what people have been saying, I'd have to say that Nintendo really blew Sony out as far as satisfying the consumers. I've heard nothing but great things about the Wii from literally everyone I know who's played it. I haven't heard anyone say anything too good about the PS3 yet. The overall idea seems to be that they shouldn't have rushed it out for Christmas.

I was thinking of buying a PS-3, but there was no way I was going to go through all that for it.

I have heard it's not worth $600, but if that's true, the price will drop anyway.

This kid got one because of who he knew, not what he knew:

While ordinary working-class people across America were queuing for the new PlayStation 3, one fellow had a bright idea — dropping his boss's name at Wal-Mart to get the next-gen console sent over on the QT for the boss's family.

Unfortunately, the boss was former Sen. John Edwards, John Kerry's would-be veep and famous nemesis of Wal-Mart's evil dominion over the Earth. The hypocrisy was delicious: It was on the same day Edwards was talking to union activists about Wal-Mart's labor policies.

http://jewishworldreview.com/1106/lileks112406.php3

Heh.

This is an extremely painful issue for me. This is the first new Zelda game to come out since Ocarina that I didn't get on the launch day. One problem with being in China is that will you can probably get Wii games on the cheap, you'd have to pay through the nose for an actual Wii.

The Wii is innovative but exhausting. I was playing the Wii sports at my nephews house this weekend and it is tiring getting the characters to move where you want them. Especially the boxing. I think the Wii will do well in the long haul with great Nintendo games coming out.

PS3 had no good games and barely any units. So the reason you dont hear much is because no one has one and the ones that do have no games other then COD3 and Resistance. By far one of the weakest launch lineups ever. IT'll get better obviously but i still cant justify $600 or even $500 for it.

On a positive note, my fiance just got me a XBOX360 for christmas. WOOOO!

On a positive note, my fiance just got me a XBOX360 for christmas. WOOOO!

Congrats! It's a solid system. I'm probably going to wait til after Christmas to even try to get a Wii, but it's definitely in the works.

Forum List

Back