So fellow Blacks, why are we the only race who use a racial slur against our own race when...?

GiveMeATicketToWork

Feb 3, 2016
...can anyone tell me why we are the only race who use a racial slur against our own race when loosely referring to each other (or referring to other human beings)?

Why don't Hispanics throw around a slight variation of the slur, "sp*c?" Or Jews the slur, "k*ke?" Etc.

Last edited:
They do. Not knowing that lets me know you arent Black. No doubt you are a white person pretending to be Black if you really believe that.

White people that are each German don't call each other "Kr*ut" or a variant of it...Italians don't call each other "Gr*aseball" or a variant of it.

They might do it to different nationalities from there own but never amongst their own nationality toward each other.

Only we do that.

(Yes, I am Black.)

I just reworded post #1 after seeing the block outs...feel free to re-read it. :)

Peace and Blessings to you,
Noah

They do. Not knowing that lets me know you arent Black. No doubt you are a white person pretending to be Black if you really believe that.

White people that are each German don't call each other "Kr*ut" or a variant of it...Italians don't call each other "Gr*aseball" or a variant of it.

They might do it to different nationalities from there own but never amongst their own nationality toward each other.

Only we do that.

(Yes, I am Black.)
I dont know enough Germans to be sure but youre wrong about Italians. They call each other all sorts of racist names. I've dated a lot of Italian women and their familys are something to behold. Same with Mexicans, Chinese, Filipinos, and Tongans. You must have grown up under a rock if you dont know that. I dont believe you are Black so stop trying to convince me.

Me and all the white people I know don't call each other cracker, honkey or whitey etc
The few latino people I have met didn't refer to each other like that. And I spent 2 months with about 15 of them after Katrina
I only know 2 Asians and they don't
A lot of blacks I know call each other nigga all the time. Even hear it out in public with strangers. Sometimes I wonder if a name even means anything. A few blacks I used to hang out with all the time even called me that.
I can recall a few 7/11 nights in the hood and I never heard a name unless it was coming from me.
JS

Me and all the white people I know don't call each other cracker, honkey or whitey etc
The few latino people I have met didn't refer to each other like that. And I spent 2 months with about 15 of them after Katrina
A lot of blacks I know call each other nigga all the time. Even hear it out in public with strangers. Sometimes I wonder if a name even means anything. A few blacks I used to hang out with all the time even called me that.
I can recall a few 7/11 nights in the hood and I never heard a name unless it was coming from me.
JS
White people I know call themselves cracker and honky a lot. I grew up with Mexicans and they call themselves wetback and **** all the time. They even call themselves niggas as well.

JS
White people I know call themselves cracker and honky a lot. I grew up with Mexicans and they call themselves wetback and **** all the time. They even call themselves niggas as well.

I'm with TN; I've never seen anyone do it but us Blacks.

JS

I'm with TN; I've never seen anyone do it but us Blacks.
You should get out more and spend time with other races. All of them do it.

JS
Could just be around here... IDK lol
The latinos I mentioned I worked with were from southern MS and Arizona.

JS
Could just be around here... IDK lol
The latinos I mentioned I worked with were from southern MS and Arizona.
Latinos from the east coast do the same thing. It may be a regional thing.

...can anyone tell me why we are the only race who use a racial slur against our own race when loosely referring to each other (or referring to other human beings)?

Why don't Hispanics throw around a slight variation of the slur, "sp*c?" Or Jews the slur, "k*ke?" Etc.

I grew up in an Italian community- it was very common for an Italian to call another Italian a 'wop'- but if one of us called an Italian a wop- there would have been a fight.
I believe the same applied in Polish communities with the term 'pollock'.

Not particularly uncommon- and not really that hard to figure out- If you are part of the community its okay to use the term- if you aren't- it isn't.

White people call each other "white trash" all the time...

JS

Sure, we do.

LOL

Sure, we do

JS

Sure, we do.

LOL

Sure, we do
How honky of you, Frank!
Goddamn crackkka asses and their bullshit!

Some whites are white trash. I don't think that's the same thing as the OP is talking about tough..

Some whites are white trash. I don't think that's the same thing as the OP is talking about tough..

How would it not be the same? Its a white person calling another white person trash and specifying race. If thats not the same thing then the OP is more out of whack than I thought.

It is very much the same, possibly much much worse. You would never hear someone calling a non-white person "white trash", and you would never hear a non-white person trying to create a non-white equivalent to "white trash" because it is a term of self loathing.

It is the same with "hillbilly", "hick" and "redneck", none of these words are used to do anything but belittle white people of any social status in an explicitly racial manner.

How would it not be the same? Its a white person calling another white person trash and specifying race. If thats not the same thing then the OP is more out of whack than I thought.
You don't call just any white person white trash. You call white trash, white trash. Black people that call each other nigga do it to replace their names. "White trash" is a way to describe a lifestyle. Nigga isn't a lifestyle.

Forum List

Back