So Far........

Mr. P

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2004
South of the Mason Dixon
My favorite Super Bowel Commercial is..
The troops walking in the airport concourse with all the applause.. :clap: :clap: :clap:

The funniest...
The Chimps in the board room and the human sits on the poo-poo cushion.. :rotflmao:

The Chimps in the board room where all the chimps are all buttkissers.

"Sir, I just don't think it is a good idea to name a product "The Titanic"."

here in japan, on AFN we don't get to see the super bowl commercials during the game, just DOD programming. What brand/company was for the troops getting the cheers? I would love to see it on the internet somewhere.

NATO AIR said:
here in japan, on AFN we don't get to see the super bowl commercials during the game, just DOD programming. What brand/company was for the troops getting the cheers? I would love to see it on the internet somewhere.

I believe that would be Anheiser-Busch. Can use that when you come to Evanston for your pj's. :)

Mr. P said:
My favorite Super Bowel Commercial is..
The troops walking in the airport concourse with all the applause.. :clap: :clap: :clap:
This commercial gave me goosebumps. It reminded me of my husband telling me when they were coming home from Gulf War 1, they stopped in Bangor, Maine (to gas the plane, I think) but there were so many people there clapping and holding signs, cheering for the soldiers. That really meant alot to them guys, it was so unexpected.
Great commercial!! My favorite by far.

The troop commercial was a good one...kinda hard not to like that one, but the cat is still my favorite...I immediately thought of this board

CSM said:
The troop commercial was a good one...kinda hard not to like that one, but the cat is still my favorite...I immediately thought of this board
Ha! I bet it just reminded you of what happens in the kitchen when you cook! :D

How about the one where the guy in the convenience store is talking on his cell phone, telling whoever's on the other end, "You're getting robbed. Can you hear me? You're getting robbed!"

So the mom and pop behind the counter mace him, beat him with a ball bat, and stick him with a cattle prod. I thought I was going to fall out of my chair!

Interesting.."You're getting robbed. Can you hear me? You're getting robbed!"

Funny yes..But I heard, as an advertisement it was a failure, I'd agree.
Do either of you know what they were trying to sell?

I also liked when MC Hammer got thrown over a fence, and then the kids threw him back....

"You Can't Touch This"

for a mortgage company!!!!!

Mr. P said:
Interesting.."You're getting robbed. Can you hear me? You're getting robbed!"

Funny yes..But I heard, as an advertisement it was a failure, I'd agree.
Do either of you know what they were trying to sell?

It was the same outfit that did the "cat in the kitchen" ad. The tag line was something like, "Don't rush to judgement - we don't." So, the simple answer is, "no, I don't" - but, with the ever-evolving art of advertising, who's to say what the rules are? They could have repeated "microwidgets.com" - or whatever - a dozen times, and not made the impression that a few seconds of laughter and a clever tag line did. With a few follow-up spots - who knows? This campaign might be remembered as advertising genius.

NATO AIR said:
wow, I just saw that "troops return home" commerical on MSNBC.com, that's moving to see it, i only wish it happened in real life
It has, go see the Malkin link I posted.

musicman said:
It was the same outfit that did the "cat in the kitchen" ad. The tag line was something like, "Don't rush to judgement - we don't." So, the simple answer is, "no, I don't" - but, with the ever-evolving art of advertising, who's to say what the rules are? They could have repeated "microwidgets.com" - or whatever - a dozen times, and not made the impression that a few seconds of laughter and a clever tag line did. With a few follow-up spots - who knows? This campaign might be remembered as advertising genius.
We'll see, my guess is next Sunday no one will even remember these couple of adds.
If they do they still won't know what they were about.:scratch:

Forum List

Back