So far -everything has worked out Seattles Way

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
Coulndt draw it up any better.

From when the Rams eliminated the niners.

They get the Rams at home (never a doubt) beat the Saints - and Packers defeat the Eagles.

Seahawks would have NO CHANCE at Atlanta. Playing them is -death-by-a thousand cuts - like Chinese Water Torture - with their methodical ball possesion offense. (had a 15 play, 4 minute drive from around mid-field agaisnt Seattle- including two 4th downs where they got "generous" spots)

Nobody was impressed by the Falcons after the game.

Have a fighting chance against da Bears and Cutler -an ordinary-at-best QB.

Just hope the Packers can defeat Atlanta.

Last edited:
Number 1: Chicago is a lot different than Seattle in January. They're lucky it isn't projected to be below zero but in the low 20's is sure different than the 40's and the wind...

Number 2: Defense, Bears defense. 'nuff said!

Number 3: Seattle won only 2 games on the road all year, one of those at Chicago in Oct. Can you spell revenge? Seattle had 2 weeks to prepare for the bears and came up with a junk defense. Won't happen this time. Bears were o fer on 3rd downs and da bears were still learning the offense.

So no chance for a seahawk victory here!

Coulndt draw it up any better.

From when the Rams eliminated the niners.

They get the Rams at home (never a doubt) beat the Saints - and Packers defeat the Eagles.

Seahawks would have NO CHANCE at Atlanta. Playing them is -death-by-a thousand cuts - like Chinese Water Torture - with their methodical ball possesion offense. (had a 15 play, 4 minute drive from around mid-field agaisnt Seattle- including two 4th downs where they got "generous" spots)

Nobody was impressed by the Falcons after the game.

Have a fighting chance against da Bears and Cutler -an ordinary-at-best QB.

Just hope the Packers can defeat Atlanta.

As a die-hard Hawk fan, I gotta agree. Seattle is in year one of a rebuilding season (what else do you call a new coach and 250+ roster moves) and they have caught all the breaks lately.

Two teams left in these playoffs that Seattle has zero chance to win at. Atlanta and the Patriots. A Seahawk and Packers win next week would be all kinds of awesome. (hello Quest field for NFC Championship game, lol) A Jets win would be a blessing too but that's looking far ahead for Seattle and in any case I think it will be either the Ravens or Steelers in the big game for the AFC.

A Steelers v Seahawks Superbowl rematch would be a Hell of a thing to see. And the way Seattle's luck is going, party hearty Big Ben will cap off his AFC championship with DUI or some suchlike and miss the SB. :lol:

Whatever happens, it's been a wild wacky year. Go Seahawks!

Have no doubt the Hawks will beat da Bears.

Main question is who they will play - at Atlanta or host Green Bay.

Would prefer the latter.

Will be dogs to both .

And if they win-out -huge dogs to the AFC champs in the Super Bowl.

Go Hawks

Seattle's big break of the year was playing in the NFC West :)

With a record of 7-9 going in... that IS the biggest break of them all.

Rams - Also in a "rebuilding year" are improving but had much farther to go than Seattle or anyone else in the NFL for that matter.

Cardinals - Blew up their superbowl roster in free agency and lost the only decent QB they have had in years to old age. (why spend a brazillian dollars on that fab new stadium then give away all your talent?)

49ers - The "experts" pick to win the division running away before the season started. Then the season started. Wrong QB's? Wrong coach? O-line still too young? No chemistry? I have no idea, but playing in the NFCW... they have no excuse.

Seattle has gotten a whole lot of breaks this year. A Chi-town win and the Packers beating Falcons may be way too much to ask for following the Saints win. But what the Hell... Dear God of Football, Vince Lombardi (peace be upon him), Please guide my Hawks to another home game this season and bring the NFC Championship game back to Seattle. Whoo-Rah! (that's football for amen)

Rams - Also in a "rebuilding year" are improving but had much farther to go than Seattle or anyone else in the NFL for that matter.

Cardinals - Blew up their superbowl roster in free agency and lost the only decent QB they have had in years to old age. (why spend a brazillian dollars on that fab new stadium then give away all your talent?)

49ers - The "experts" pick to win the division running away before the season started. Then the season started. Wrong QB's? Wrong coach? O-line still too young? No chemistry? I have no idea, but playing in the NFCW... they have no excuse.

Seattle has gotten a whole lot of breaks this year. A Chi-town win and the Packers beating Falcons may be way too much to ask for following the Saints win. But what the Hell... Dear God of Football, Vince Lombardi (peace be upon him), Please guide my Hawks to another home game this season and bring the NFC Championship game back to Seattle. Whoo-Rah! (that's football for amen)

Good analysis, and can't fault you for rooting for your team! I don't see Seattle winning another, I'm not sure I even WANT them to (a 7-9 team going anywhere in the playoffs kind of annoys me), but on the other side of the coin it's got to be great to be a Seahawk fan right now.

Good analysis, and can't fault you for rooting for your team! I don't see Seattle winning another, I'm not sure I even WANT them to (a 7-9 team going anywhere in the playoffs kind of annoys me), but on the other side of the coin it's got to be great to be a Seahawk fan right now.

I agree it looks absurd. And fans of the NY Giants and Tampa Bay have the most right to complain IMO. (the 2 NFC teams who won more games than Seattle but did not make the playoffs) Although this happens every year in the NFL (though not to this degree) slipping under .500 and sneaking in is butt-ugly. (so is 8-8 and in, but at least that's not unprecedented)

It's the blessing and curse of so called NFL parity. While I do admit the best of the best are in the AFC, the season is closer and wilder than any other sport. For example, even the mighty AFC's East and North, each only managed to go 9-7 verses the NFC. (and no division did worse than 7-9 verses it's Conf. foes)

NFL Standings - CBSSports.com

Then there is this silly chart flying around:

A demonstration of NFL parity in one handy, circular graphic - Shutdown Corner - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Yes. It's great to be a Hawk fan right now, no matter what happens next... but most of us are well aware we are "playing with house money". And I don't blame anyone for rooting against "my" Seahawks. Were it any other team, I'd likely as not be right with ya.

Packers and Bears for the George Halas Trophy.
That would be awesome.
It would be a huge game and the host TV network would love it. I think Chicago played a vanilla game against Green Bay the last game of the season and to play them in the NFC championship game will be a lot different.
It would automatically be an epic game. The emotions there would be so high the superbowl would be a letdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back