So exactly what race I S Zimmerman?

OK, so here's the final consideration which I have waited to bring up. (Oh and sorry for all the nasty flaming on this thread, but I have no control of it.)

What do you think is on Zimmerman's birth certificate as to his race?

To my knowledge there is no law that says your birth certificate has to accurately reflect your racial background. I worked years ago at a hospital as a clerk checking people in. The general rule for admitting a baby born at that hospital is the baby's race is the same as the mother's.

Where I work now, the person is asked what his/her race is. Whatever he/she answers is what goes into the medical record.

As I said, I know of no law that requires any kind of accurate listing of a person's race, anywhere. I do know that for Native Americans to get various types of federal funding and grants designated for Native Americans, they have to prove they are Native American. Not the same for any other race.

That brings me back to an earlier question. What is the media or the police who pronounced Zimmerman to be white?

I was born in Indiana and there is no block on that certificate for race.

This is an article picked up by the New York Post from REUTERS, very interesting and complete history of George Zimmerman and his life leading up to the night he shot Martin. The entire article should be read, all will be a lot more educated about what kind of man Zimmerman really is. As for this thread, this couple of paragraphs were interesting........

George Zimmerman: Prelude to a shooting - NYPOST.com

The 28-year-old insurance-fraud investigator comes from a deeply Catholic background and was taught in his early years to do right by those less fortunate. He was raised in a racially integrated household and himself has black roots through an Afro-Peruvian great-grandfather - the father of the maternal grandmother who helped raise him.
A criminal justice student who aspired to become a judge, Zimmerman also concerned himself with the safety of his neighbors after a series of break-ins committed by young African-American men.
Though civil rights demonstrators have argued Zimmerman should not have prejudged Martin, one black neighbor of the Zimmermans said recent history should be taken into account.

Alot of people in South America have Black ancestors, most people down there are a mixture of European/Indian/Black ancestry.

Not really, Zimmerman is half white half Latino, Tiger Wood is a mixture of like 3 races I think.

Latino is a culture, not a race.

So Zimmerman is white?:confused:

If one parent is white and one is Peruvian, then he would be a mix of Caucasian and Native American. (South America is still America.)

Of course 'native American' is the wrong term. They are indigenous Americans. I wish someone would straighten that out. I am a native American - I was born here. But my heritage is English and Irish (Celtic and Saxon) - Caucasian.

Forum List

Back