So exactly what race I S Zimmerman?

As usual you don't get the point. Hispanic/Latino is a culture. Not a race. He continues to be called Hispanic.

You don't have a point. Most people with a modicum of intelligence grasp this. You asked what race Zimmerman is. I accurately answered the question. Go pout. It's what you do best, aside from making "woe is me, I'm really sick" proclamations.

Hi, you have received -487 reputation points from catzmeow.Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Go suck a bag of dicks, you fucking racist.

Regards,
catzmeow

Note: This is an automated message.

Such a lovely person you are. NOT!

have another bag, skank

del and his one remaining minion have now shit on this thread which actually is a very pertinent topic as most people confuse culture with race.

True, but Hispanics are Caucasian, though many do not see Hispanics as such.

From Spain, they are Caucasian. If they are indigenous American people, North, Central, or South American, they are Native American.

Peru is a mixture.

Likely most South American countries are stemming from some point in history. I mean, there WAS that little invasion thingy.

And yet the REALITY is that we DO classify people by ethnicity. We DO determine if they are Hispanic, white, black, Asian or Artab, for example. And Zimmerman is Hispanic.

For further clarification it has been about 100 years since the last time the New York Times claimed an Hispanic was white.

True, but Hispanics are Caucasian, though many do not see Hispanics as such.
Most identify themselves as white.

Hispanic responses on race give more exact breakdown - USATODAY.com

But some identify themselves as black, Asian, etc.

But yeah, hispanic is not a race.

And a neg from from THIS flamer too!

So exactly what race I... 04-27-2012 06:14 PM Ravi have another, racist

Aren't these libs just BEAUTIFUL people! NOT!

Last edited:
del and his one remaining minion have now shit on this thread which actually is a very pertinent topic as most people confuse culture with race.

You appear to be confusing it, but most other people aren't.

Also, you should probably stop boozing up so early in the day. It is killing your brain cells.

You appear to be confusing it, but most other people aren't.

Also, you should probably stop boozing up so early in the day. It is killing your brain cells.

yo, minion

wassup?

Just hanging out, making you look good. ;)

p.s. Is anyone besides me surprised at how fast she worked her way through that bag?

He is identified (or misidentified) as whatever "race" is required (at the time) to inflame and incite the most emotional and visceral response. If he'd shot a "White" person he'd have been identified as "Hispanic" (even if that is not a race- remember the goal is to always to create anger and fear). But because he shot a black person he was identified as a "WHITE Hispanic".

He is identified (or misidentified) as whatever "race" is required (at the time) to inflame and incite the most emotional and visceral response. If he'd shot a "White" person he'd have been identified as "Hispanic" (even if that is not a race- remember the goal is to always to create anger and fear). But because he shot a black person he was identified as a "WHITE Hispanic".

My question, was it the media or the state that misidentified his race? Government agencies usually distinguish between race and culture.

This is an article picked up by the New York Post from REUTERS, very interesting and complete history of George Zimmerman and his life leading up to the night he shot Martin. The entire article should be read, all will be a lot more educated about what kind of man Zimmerman really is. As for this thread, this couple of paragraphs were interesting........

George Zimmerman: Prelude to a shooting - NYPOST.com

The 28-year-old insurance-fraud investigator comes from a deeply Catholic background and was taught in his early years to do right by those less fortunate. He was raised in a racially integrated household and himself has black roots through an Afro-Peruvian great-grandfather - the father of the maternal grandmother who helped raise him.
A criminal justice student who aspired to become a judge, Zimmerman also concerned himself with the safety of his neighbors after a series of break-ins committed by young African-American men.
Though civil rights demonstrators have argued Zimmerman should not have prejudged Martin, one black neighbor of the Zimmermans said recent history should be taken into account.

Given this classification of race, what is Zimmerman:

In traditional anthropological studies there are actually 5 races.
These are

1) Mongoloid (Asian and American Indian)
2) Caucasoid (European)
3) Australoid (Australian and oceanic)
4) Negroid (east African black)
5) Capoid (south African black)

Yahoo! Answers - How many human races are there in the world?

Hispanic is not a 'race.' Hispanic or Latino is a culture. So where do you cast your vote for Zimmern's race amongst the above classifications?

From what I heard, he's 1,2, & 4.

OK, so here's the final consideration which I have waited to bring up. (Oh and sorry for all the nasty flaming on this thread, but I have no control of it.)

What do you think is on Zimmerman's birth certificate as to his race?

To my knowledge there is no law that says your birth certificate has to accurately reflect your racial background. I worked years ago at a hospital as a clerk checking people in. The general rule for admitting a baby born at that hospital is the baby's race is the same as the mother's.

Where I work now, the person is asked what his/her race is. Whatever he/she answers is what goes into the medical record.

As I said, I know of no law that requires any kind of accurate listing of a person's race, anywhere. I do know that for Native Americans to get various types of federal funding and grants designated for Native Americans, they have to prove they are Native American. Not the same for any other race.

That brings me back to an earlier question. What is the media or the police who pronounced Zimmerman to be white?

Forum List

Back