So did Superman just give up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1tovote4

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2004
Colorado
Take his ball and bat and go home when his thread got closed?

He was interesting and I liked the discussions, even with his fascetious tone in writing. Let's see if we can get him back, he brought some excitement to the board!

no1tovote4 said:

He was interesting and I liked the discussions, even with his fascetious tone in writing. Let's see if we can get him back, he brought some excitement to the board!
Umm, I'd say more it had to do with the resumption of school in all liklihood.

no1tovote4 said:

Superman?

Jeez, everyone's always asking for Superman! That's all the rest of us Superheros ever hear, is Superman this, Superman that. HELLO! SpidermanTUba is here! What am I? Chopped liver? Does Superman have the ability to shoot spiderwebs everywhere? No!

SpidermanTuba said:
Superman?

Jeez, everyone's always asking for Superman! That's all the rest of us Superheros ever hear, is Superman this, Superman that. HELLO! SpidermanTUba is here! What am I? Chopped liver? Does Superman have the ability to shoot spiderwebs everywhere? No!

What and you do? Peter Parker is a bit too busy fighting Doc Ock or something else to deal with a message board. I wish I was that busy.

no1tovote4 said:

Nope, actually I was busy with other tasks.

Thankyou. Even though we do not hold the same views, I appreciate hearing your rebuttals.

Heh, I'll admit that I haven't taken a decent amount of time to truly check out these boards but it appears to me that Kal-El is offering up some decent arguments for his position. I'm agnostic rather than atheistic but I agree with many of his points.

listopencil said:
Heh, I'll admit that I haven't taken a decent amount of time to truly check out these boards but it appears to me that Kal-El is offering up some decent arguments for his position. I'm agnostic rather than atheistic but I agree with many of his points.

That's good to hear. I can tell I'm not well-liked here, hence my reputation points, but I try.

kal-el said:
That's good to hear. I can tell I'm not well-liked here, hence my reputation points, but I try.

Meh. That isn't entirely true. Look at posts from Bullypulpit. He is not 'well-liked' but has a positive rep. It mostly comes from the humor and well argued points. Being new it takes a while for people to get used to your style.

If you give respect to people's opinion in your posts, they will give respect back to you. Even if the opinion is differing. Ad Hominem from the beginning will usually earn you neg rep.

listopencil said:

I have no problem with his reasoning. It is the determination that all those who differ are illogical which I refute, not his reasoning.

no1tovote4 said:
Meh. That isn't entirely true. Look at posts from Bullypulpit. He is not 'well-liked' but has a positive rep. It mostly comes from the humor and well argued points. Being new it takes a while for people to get used to your style.

If you give respect to people's opinion in your posts, they will give respect back to you. Even if the opinion is differing. Ad Hominem from the beginning will usually earn you neg rep.

Ah, I like Bully, just not all his opinions. Wouldn't neg him though, well unless he turns trollish! ;)

kal-el said:
Uhh, negative. You're not being completely honest here.

Oh, How was the ovaltine, punk? Did your mommy staple your mittens to your coat sleeves for ya?

SpidermanTuba said:
Superman?

However, tubas have no eyesight whatsoever and webs shot randomly tend to just get in the way.... Plus who needs a SuperHero that can't get around without a marching band to carry him?

:funnyface

Kathianne said:
Ah, I like Bully, just not all his opinions. Wouldn't neg him though, well unless he turns trollish! ;)

I must say I don't like bully. He never stays with a point long enough. His arguments are blown away at one level of analysis, but he still clings to them tenacisously, like an insane ferret on acid. Still don't neg rep him though. That's equivalent to physical violence online. PEACE.

listopencil said:

Just curious - why fly the Naval Battle Jack in particular? Why not fly one of the flags of the Confederacy, or perhaps the Battle Flag itself?

kal-el said:

It's not your opinions or your beliefs that get you negative rep, it's the way you deliver your argument.

Cherries have a trial period here, just like everyone else did. And when you come in here and just start right in talking trash and disrespecting people, that gives you a long hard road to walk to regain respect from the people here, if you plan on sticking around for any length of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back