So corporations need no regulations?

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack
Last night we had the second natural gas pipeline explosion within 10 miles of my house in 6 months.

The sky glowed bigtime for most of the night from the fire.

The lines are at about 3X their enginered lifetime and the gas companies are too cheap to replace them.
It is all about short term profit, not about maintaining infrastructure.

Last edited:
Last night we had the second natural gas pipeline explosion within 10 miles of my house in 6 months.

The lines are at about 3X their enginered lifetime and the gas companies are too cheap to replace them.

I wonder which "person" would have been executed had someone died from this..

Oh wait..corporations are only people when there are benefits.

Liabilities? Now it's an abstract.

So what? If no one was hurt and only company property was destroyed what do you care?

And BTW they now have to replace the equipment so what's the problem?

No one is FORCING you to live there!

LAZY LIBERAL MARXIST!!! :lol:

So what? If no one was hurt and only company property was destroyed what do you care?

Eyeah..because fires like that never ever spew toxins into the air and ground water..and companies generally have enough resources like firefighters and police to nail the whole thing down.

Right.

Last edited:
the right fights for fewer and fewer regulations all the time.

No matter how many they strip out they always want more.

Eyeah..because fires like that never ever spew toxins into the air and ground water..
They don't.
Natural gas is the cleanest of all the fossil fuels, as evidenced in the Environmental Protection Agency’s data comparisons in the chart below, which is still current as of 2010. Composed primarily of methane, the main products of the combustion of natural gas are carbon dioxide and water vapor, the same compounds we exhale when we breathe.​

Eyeah..because fires like that never ever spew toxins into the air and ground water..and companies generally have enough resources like firefighters and police to nail the whole thing done.

Right.

Hey we all spew toxins into the air every day. And I do happen to know that companies like gas and oil producers do have firefighting personnel on staff.

Eyeah..because fires like that never ever spew toxins into the air and ground water..
They don't.
Natural gas is the cleanest of all the fossil fuels, as evidenced in the Environmental Protection Agency’s data comparisons in the chart below, which is still current as of 2010. Composed primarily of methane, the main products of the combustion of natural gas are carbon dioxide and water vapor, the same compounds we exhale when we breathe.​

Ah so all the materials burning at the plant like plastics are producing no toxins?

Good to know.

Oil spills hit on land, too: Aging pipelines imperil Midwest - CSMonitor.com

U.S. pipelines at a crossroads | MNN - Mother Nature Network

But not everyone is so impressed with that record. According to the PHMSA's own statistics, pipeline accidents kill or hospitalize at least one person in the U.S. every 6.9 days on average, and cause more than $272 million in property damage per year. Critics often blame weak regulations as well as lax enforcement

Regulators weigh more rules for natural gas pipelines | Reuters

Many pipelines date to the 1960s or earlier and old lines are rarely retired. The overall length of active U.S. pipelines has grown more than 20-fold since the 1920s.

As part of its safety push, the department is also asking for feedback about the need to reduce operating pressure for some pipelines that are more than 40 years old.

Pipeline safety has actually improved sharply over the past 20 years. But from 2006 through 2009 U.S. oil and gas pipeline accidents killed 56 people, caused $1.2 billion in property damage and spilled 381,000 barrels of oil, government data shows.

Recent oil spills from TransCanada's Keystone pipeline, as well as Exxon Mobil's Silvertip line, have also raised concerns about the environmental risks posed by crude oil pipelines.Earlier this year, the Senate commerce committee approved legislation that would raise fines against reckless operators of petroleum and natural gas lines and require automatic shut-off valves to prevent oil spills and gas explosions.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zotYU21qcU&feature=g-all-f&context=G215f212FAAAAAAAABAA]Chris Hedges "Brace Yourself! The American Empire Is Over & The Descent Is Going To Be Horrifying!" - YouTube[/ame]

Eyeah..because fires like that never ever spew toxins into the air and ground water..and companies generally have enough resources like firefighters and police to nail the whole thing down.

Right.

True lots of tax dollars were spent last night becuase of the pipeline ruprute.
And privately owned trees were burned for sure, beyond that I have no details of the damage.

Corporations are regulated to death. They are strangled with government red tape and tax regulations. Nobody is saying they shouldn't be regulated even by fools who ran Fannie Mae into the ground. Barry Obama hired a treasury secretary who admitted cheating on his taxes because he couldn't figure out the regulations.

Amazingly enough the oil and gas industry has less regulations, etc in the USA than the rest of the world.

Forum List

Back