So, Conservative Atty. Ted Olson loses his Wife on 9/11...

NYcarbineer

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2009
Finger Lakes, NY
...and yet, supports the building of the mosque.

OLSON: I do believe that people of all religions have a right to build edifices or structures, places of religious worship or study where the community allows them to do it under zoning laws and that sort of thing. And that we don’t want to turn an act of hate against us by extremists into an act of intolerance for people of religious faith. And I don’t think it should be a political issue. It shouldn’t be a Republican or Democrat issue either. I believe Governor Christie from New Jersey said it as well, that this should not be in that political partisan marketplace.

Watch it here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVhwgMfuwU4]YouTube - Ted Olson On Mosque: 'I Think Probably The President Was Right About This'[/ame]

How is that possible!?

olson: I do believe that people of all religions have a right to build edifices or structures, places of religious worship or study where the community allows them to do it under zoning laws and that sort of thing. And that we don’t want to turn an act of hate against us by extremists into an act of intolerance for people of religious faith. and i don’t think it should be a political issue. It shouldn’t be a republican or democrat issue either. I believe governor christie from new jersey said it as well, that this should not be in that political partisan marketplace.

watch it here:

youtube - ted olson on mosque: 'i think probably the president was right about this'

how is that possible!?

easy ..he does not have shit for brains like some people and can think rationally

olson: I do believe that people of all religions have a right to build edifices or structures, places of religious worship or study where the community allows them to do it under zoning laws and that sort of thing. And that we don’t want to turn an act of hate against us by extremists into an act of intolerance for people of religious faith. and i don’t think it should be a political issue. It shouldn’t be a republican or democrat issue either. I believe governor christie from new jersey said it as well, that this should not be in that political partisan marketplace.

watch it here:

youtube - ted olson on mosque: 'i think probably the president was right about this'

how is that possible!?

easy ..he does not have shit for brains like some people and can think rationally

You know, you may have killed this thread because I bet in 100 posts there won't be a better answer than that one.:lol:

watch it here:

how is that possible!?

Or, unlike you, he actually thinks for HIMSELF, and doesn't let righwing hatemongers make his decision for him?:eusa_whistle:

OLSON: I do believe that people of all religions have a right to build edifices or structures, places of religious worship or study where the community allows them to do it under zoning laws and that sort of thing. And that we don’t want to turn an act of hate against us by extremists into an act of intolerance for people of religious faith. And I don’t think it should be a political issue. It shouldn’t be a Republican or Democrat issue either. I believe Governor Christie from New Jersey said it as well, that this should not be in that political partisan marketplace.

I agree with Olson.

But if the point it that his opinion is supposed to bear greater weight because of his loss on 9/11, I've seen more than one family member of a 9/11 victim on TV opposing the mosque. If being a family member or friend of a 9/11 victim somehow gives one more credence, it looks like those in opposition are more numerous (or at least more vocal).

Watch it here:

YouTube - Ted Olson On Mosque: 'I Think Probably The President Was Right About This'

How is that possible!?

I'm so glad you found the need to start another Mosque Thread, like there aren't enough. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

watch it here:

how is that possible!?

Or, unlike you, he actually thinks for HIMSELF, and doesn't let righwing hatemongers make his decision for him?:eusa_whistle:

Hey dumbass, eots supports your position. Go back and read his post again.

You REALLY missed the mark on that one.

He has a right to think whatever he chooses.... still does not go against the facts shown about the cleric heading this up, where the funding may come from, that a majority of people do not support this, etc... all REPs or Conservatives do not inherently think one particular way... and while I may agree with his freedom to have his own opinion and voice, it does not mean I have to agree with him... just like I would disagree with a KKK meeting place being built a block away from a black AME church or a group that wanted to erect a swastika statue that cast a shadow over a jewish cemetery... as I have stated SO many times, I believe this religious group has every right to build it, but this is indeed the wrong thing to do... and those who do not see the jabbing reasons why the mosque is being built, are simply and purposely blinding themselves for their agenda

Watch it here:

YouTube - Ted Olson On Mosque: 'I Think Probably The President Was Right About This'

How is that possible!?

Possibly because he is an individual.... a concept many on the left appear to struggle with. He is absolutely right. They do have the right to build there. Whether, morally, it is the right thing to do is an entirely different question - which is another concept that many on the left appear to struggle with.

It must be hard being a leftie. There are so many things that are above your pay grade in the borg structure of the Obamanation.

Watch it here:

How is that possible!?

Possibly because he is an individual.... a concept many on the left appear to struggle with. He is absolutely right. They do have the right to build there. Whether, morally, it is the right thing to do is an entirely different question - which is another concept that many on the left appear to struggle with.

It must be hard being a leftie. There are so many things that are above your pay grade in the borg structure of the Obamanation.

Did you intentionally misrepresent what Olson said?

He did not just say they had the right to build there. He also said "we don’t want to turn an act of hate against us by extremists into an act of intolerance for people of religious faith."

Which is no different than my position, and no, I don't any struggle with that position.

Why did you try to pretend he didn't say that? More importantly, why do you have such a struggle with the concept of religious tolerance?

Watch it here:

How is that possible!?

I'm so glad you found the need to start another Mosque Thread, like there aren't enough. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know we're winning the debate when the anti-Muslim mosquers start crying about another thread being started.

There hasn't been a thread about Ted Olson's opinion. Why don't you tell us why he's wrong?

Forum List

Back