So can we all please agree

Like Rush, a lot of y'all don't seem to understand the difference between condoms and the pill.

Condoms are available for free at Planned Parenthood clinics and even many college campuses. Birth control pills are not.

How many times you have sex is important with condoms because it's one-per-episode. How many times you have sex is unimportant to birth control pills; you take one a day regardless of activity.

Also, birth control pills come with hormones and other drugs. Women can be on birth control for health reasons, such as regulating cycles. I knew one girl who went on birth control when she was 13 for health reasons, not sexual ones.

So condoms are easily obtained in the US. Birth control pills require a prescription and therefore are not easily obtained. Therefore, it's incorrect to say "birth control is available in the US for nothing". Condoms are. The Pill is not.

Nothing is for "nothing" numbskull. someone will be forced to pay for them.. everytime a democrat forces us to provide something and takes money from our pockets we lose another freedom.

First, forcing employers to provide a health insurance fringe benefit. Any pretensions about these new government powers driving down costs for everyone are exposed for the lies they are by the permanent institutionalization of this cost amplifier.

There are no ‘new government powers,’ Congress has always had the authority to regulate insurance companies and employee compensation.

Congress has never forced employers to provide health insurance. That is a new power under ObamaCare.

Second, forcing religious people to engage in a behavior which is against their morals. Never again can the Left pretend that other people's values are important to them, because they have demonstrated they are as intolerant and immoral as it gets.

No religious person is being ‘forced’ to engage in any activity in violation of a religious tenet

Are you stupid? The Catholic church is opposed to birth control. Therefore, forcing the Catholic Church to provide birth control to its employees is forcing the Catholic Church to violate a religious tenet.

This issue has nothing to do with availability of contraceptives or how much they cost.

This is the only thing you got right. It has to do with religious freedom.

Like Rush, a lot of y'all don't seem to understand the difference between condoms and the pill.

Condoms are available for free at Planned Parenthood clinics and even many college campuses. Birth control pills are not.

How many times you have sex is important with condoms because it's one-per-episode. How many times you have sex is unimportant to birth control pills; you take one a day regardless of activity.

Condoms are still cheaper even if you screw 10 times a day. And they protect against STDs, unlike birth control.

Also, birth control pills come with hormones and other drugs. Women can be on birth control for health reasons, such as regulating cycles. I knew one girl who went on birth control when she was 13 for health reasons, not sexual ones.

Roll out the cancer lady!

The ONE GIRL you knew has NOTHING to do with why I should be paying for birth control for EVERY GIRL.

We all pay for things we don't like through taxation. Some really big ticket items like war for example.

Don't be so ignorant.

This message brought to you by the Two Wrongs Make A Right Department of Logical Fallacies.

So condoms are easily obtained in the US. Birth control pills require a prescription and therefore are not easily obtained. Therefore, it's incorrect to say "birth control is available in the US for nothing". Condoms are. The Pill is not.

Nothing is for "nothing" numbskull. someone will be forced to pay for them.. everytime a democrat forces us to provide something and takes money from our pockets we lose another freedom.

Another thing that you , like Rush, does not understand. Obama's plan does NOT require public funds to be spent on this. The insurance companies will pay for it, meaning they will pass along the cost to the people paying for insurance and using birth control. If I take medication, I pay my co-pay and my insurance pays the rest. You don't pay a cent for my medication.

As for the Catholic Church component to all this mess, parishes and dioceses are not required to offer birth control; just Catholic-run organizations that hire non-Catholics. This ensures that individuals can make their own decisions instead of an organization making decisions for them.

Did the organization decide where they would work?

I cannot understand why conservatives are up in arms about this! It protects the rights of the individual. I thought conservatives were all for individual rights.

We are. We believe in individual rights and...(gasp!) religious freedom! The whole darned Constitution, and not just part of it!

We believe an individual should be free to work wherever they want, and if they knowingly take a job with an organization whose dogma is well known, they should not demand the religious freedom of their employer be violated.

Condoms are still cheaper even if you screw 10 times a day. And they protect against STDs, unlike birth control.

Roll out the cancer lady!

The ONE GIRL you knew has NOTHING to do with why I should be paying for birth control for EVERY GIRL.

I don't have the statistics for how many prescriptions for birth control are for health reasons instead of sexual, but until you can produce that, you cannot say it has nothing to do with it. Oh, and YOU are not paying for birth control for anyone. The issue is about private insurance coverage, not Obamacare.

Another thing that you , like Rush, does not understand. Obama's plan does NOT require public funds to be spent on this. The insurance companies will pay for it, meaning they will pass along the cost to the people paying for insurance and using birth control. If I take medication, I pay my co-pay and my insurance pays the rest. You don't pay a cent for my medication.

The school HAS to pay the insurance companies.

And the insurance company HAS to provide birth control.

There you go. You said it yourself. "They will pass along the cost to the people paying for insurance".

That's ME. And I don't use birth control.

You are stealing from me.

You are adding tens of billions of dollars to annual insurance costs that will have to come out of everyone's pockets for a medically unnecessary expense.

Then you will be bitching about the rising cost of health insurance, then demanding the government do something about the evil insurance companies.

And for churches that pay for insurance for their employees, you are forcing them to pay for birth control, which is against their religions. Never again can the Left pretend that other people's values are important to them, because they have demonstrated they are as intolerant and immoral as it gets.

Last edited:
As for the Catholic Church component to all this mess, parishes and dioceses are not required to offer birth control; just Catholic-run organizations that hire non-Catholics. This ensures that individuals can make their own decisions instead of an organization making decisions for them.

I cannot understand why conservatives are up in arms about this! It protects the rights of the individual. I thought conservatives were all for individual rights.

We are. We believe in individual rights and...(gasp!) religious freedom! The whole darned Constitution, and not just part of it!

We believe an individual should be free to work wherever they want, and if they knowingly take a job with an organization whose dogma is well known, they should not demand the religious freedom of their employer be violated.
The Constitution protects individual liberty. Obama's plan allows individuals to make a religious choice. Therefore, it protects religious liberty. YOUR plan is to force one particular religious view on people. That's a violation of their constitutional rights.

And this is not forcing contraception on anyone. It forces insurance companies (not the Church!) into OFFERING birth control. Offering is not the same as forcing. The Church's rights are not violated with this law anymore than it gets violated when parish members purchase birth control.

The school HAS to pay the insurance companies.

And the insurance company HAS to provide birth control.

Wrong. The STUDENTS pay for the insurance. Their benefits/claims are paid out of their money.

The Constitution protects individual liberty. Obama's plan allows individuals to make a religious choice. Therefore, it protects religious liberty. YOUR plan is to force one particular religious view on people. That's a violation of their constitutional rights.

How is a church not giving you birth control forcing their beliefs on you?

I can't wait to hear this one.

And this is not forcing contraception on anyone. It forces insurance companies (not the Church!) into OFFERING birth control. Offering is not the same as forcing. The Church's rights are not violated with this law anymore than it gets violated when parish members purchase birth control.

It does not force insurance companies, dipshit. It forces EMPLOYERS. Like the Catholic Church.

There you go. You said it yourself. "They will pass along the cost to the people paying for insurance".

Ah, there it is. Now I understand why conservatives are so against this. It's the Me Principal. You don't want to pay any amount to help anyone else, and anything you believe in should be forced on others.

So I guess if I think diabetics are fat and lazy (a sin), insurance companies can deny insulin.

If I think anti-depressents are wrong, then I don't want my insurance company to

In fact, anything I object to is morally wrong. Does my property tax go towards people in the poor part of town? Screw them! I pay for police protection, so cops better not go to the other side of town! They belong right next to me!

My God, you are sounding like a selfish prick.

Ah, there it is. Now I understand why conservatives are so against this. It's the Me Principal. You don't want to pay any amount to help anyone else, and anything you believe in should be forced on others.

Stick your hands in my pockets to rob me to pay for something that is completely unnecessary, and I am the bad guy. Wow. That's quiet the thieving entitlement mindset you have going on there.

And I am not forcing anyone to do anything. You have yet to explain how a Church is forcing its beliefs on you by not giving you birth control. I am still waiting.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back