So.... can anyone explain why this shoud be illegal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
☭proletarian☭;2021769 said:
☭proletarian☭;2020151 said:
Legalizing weed would save the country a lot of wasted money.

I wonder about this stuff you've posted about, though. If it is sprayed with THC, wouldn't it test as marijuana if the cops busted you for it?
It said it was chemically similar to THC.
Right...but being similar wouldn't it test as the same?

And who wants to smoke something from China, anyway? Look what they did to pet food and milk. :eusa_hand:

☭proletarian☭;2020151 said:

I wonder about this stuff you've posted about, though. If it is sprayed with THC, wouldn't it test as marijuana if the cops busted you for it?

Mastrabation is similar to sex BUT it isn't the same thing... From what I've heard.

Just saying...:lol:

Proletarian - My post makes absolute sense and according to the article, concerns were raised because the place is close to a high school. It's probably very popular amongst children. In fact I'm certain of it, Hence it should be regulated or made illegal. Just like alcohol, cigs and cough medicine.

High schoolers are children in your eyes? I thought they were usually teens - young adults?

Do yo not realize how stupid you sound?

Your argument:

. It's probably very popular amongst children. In fact I'm certain of it, Hence it should be regulated or made illegal

calls for making anything illegal or regulating it if its 'probably very popular among children.'

Goodbye Wii, jeans, cell phones, malls, movie theatres...

You've not given a single valid reason for its regulation. How does it harm another person or society as a whole to have this product available for sale?

Well...it should be illegal for people that aren't granted the same rights as adults. But nevertheless, weed shouldn't be illegal...it is less harmful than alcohol.

Right...but being similar wouldn't it test as the same?

And who wants to smoke something from China, anyway? Look what they did to pet food and milk. :eusa_hand:

Don't forget drywall.

Drugs, plants, etc, shouldn't be illegal, simply because public-servant-citizens should treat adult non-public-servant-citizens as free adults. People learn to take responsibility by having it. Like with anything, the vast majority of adults learn to deal responsibly with alcohol. The vast majority of adults would do the same with all other substances, which in most cases would likely be to never ingest them; but also any adult may find a responsible exception. The vast majority of physicians deal responsibly with drugs that are illegal to possess by most other citizens. Non-physicians acquire information, and advise from experts, about substances all the time. Physicians have to do that same. There is no reason to believe a non-physician is more or less mature, emotionally stable, responsible or wise, than a physician.

There are avenues for the state to inform citizens how it's ludicrous to blow-out your (pleasure) speakers by taking heroin or crystal meth, and how addictive and debilitating ingesting these drugs are. How likely is it that same small minority of adults would take these drugs whether they were illegal or not? The question is are we going to let our fellow adults be free and responsible.

The law of unintended consequences is when we make drugs illegal, citizens get the message: that someone is telling them they (lesser citizens) can't have what other privileged people can have; that they will not be allowed to decide what they ingest into their own bodies; that they will not be allowed to decide what they will study and investigate; that they are irresponsible; that they are children. Also, making drugs illegal causes costly crime, because no business deals will be protected by law -- thus more cost for security, medical costs of injury, family/state dependency caused by deaths. Then to deal with costly crime, we have to have costly law enforcement and incarceration. All because we aren't willing to let other adults be adults.

Am I saying making all drugs and substances legal for adults would lower drug addiction? Yes, I am. There may be a time where things get worse before they get better. Life costs either way. Better to pay the lower cost, on the side of making people our fellow citizens free responsible adults.

Children.

think_of_the_children.jpg

Should we ban booze, cigarettes, cars, and guns then?

It shouldn't be illegal.

IMO no drug should be illegal. An adult should have complete freedom to choose what substances he consumes.

Father Time - I said "regulated or illegal" just like other unhealthy products such as cigs, alcohol, and guns. Personally I believe alcohol should be legal for 19 year olds, but its not.

They sell Salvia to teens (yes children) on the boardwalk here. I don't know if there are any laws about it, but I do know an 18 year old can't even buy cigarettes in NJ. Go figure.

Well...it should be illegal for people that aren't granted the same rights as adults. But nevertheless, weed shouldn't be illegal...it is less harmful than alcohol.

Using that logic assault and battery should be legal because it's less harmful than murder.

Using that logic assault and battery should be legal because it's less harmful than murder.

pot should be legal.

regulated and taxed.

the war on pot and pot smokers is an abomination.

an atrocity.

people have had their lives ruined because of it

some people have even been murdered by cops and the dea simply for smoking or possessing pot.

the "war on pot" has ruined more lives and killed more people than pot ever has

MILLIONS of Americans, in their 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, smoke pot and

go to college
get degrees
get married
raise families
own businesses
buy home
pay taxes
send their kids to college

and don't commit any "crimes"

legal it NOW
regulate it
tax it

Uh no, if thing A is OK then thing B ought to be OK if it's less harmful.

So really it would be, cigarettes are legal, therefore ice cream should be.

I'd agree to allowing adults to abuse all the drugs all they want. As long as they agree to get sterilized first. Druggies cannot raise children, And the responsible people of this country should not be forced to clean up their messes. Fair enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back