So called "liberal media" ignores Libyans protesting attack on American Embassy

R

rdean

Benghazi, Libya (CNN) -- Ten days after four Americans were killed in their Libyan city, hundreds marched in Benghazi and took over the headquarters of a radical Islamist group tied to the attack.
Thousands of protesters had taken to the street earlier Friday, loudly declaring that they -- and not those behind last week's deadly attack -- represent the real sentiments of the Libyan people.

"I am sorry, America," one man said. "This is the real Libya."

Libya: Protesters condemn attack on U.S. Embassy, attack headquarters of Islamic supremacist group

BENGHAZI, Libya — Hundreds of protesters angry over last week's killing of the U.S. ambassador to Libya stormed the compound of the Islamic extremist militia suspected in the attack, evicting militiamen and setting fire to their building Friday.

In an unprecedented show of public anger at Libya's rampant militias, the crowd overwhelmed the compound of the Ansar al-Shariah Brigade in the center of the eastern city of Benghazi.

Ansar al-Shariah fighters initially fired in the air to disperse the crowd, but eventually abandoned the site with their weapons and vehicles after it was overrun by waves of protesters shouting "No to militias."

"I don't want to see armed men wearing Afghani-style clothes stopping me in the street to give me orders, I only want to see people in uniform," said Omar Mohammed, a university student who took part in the takeover of the site, which protesters said was done in support of the army and police.

Libyans storm militia in backlash of attack on US | General Headlines | Comcast

LIBYA-THANKS-OBAMA.jpg

LIBYA-FANTASTIC-FOUR.jpg

ISLAMISTS%2BTHANK%2BOBAMA.jpg

I have to admit, I was kind of surprised that Libya would turn on Obama after thanking him in a way they never thanked President (you killed my uncle) Bush in Iraq, although Bush did get at least one gift thrown his way, a slightly used pair of shoes.

So watching Morning Joe, when Joe tried to score political points going after President Obama but former President Clinton wasn't having it. He went on about the protest I HAD HEARD NOTHING ABOUT from the so-called "liberal media".

And how did Fox report this? You be the judge.

Fox-Obama_Thanks_Libya_for_murder-120913.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

The media is ignoring embarrassing protests against Obama after he helped them overthrow Gaddafi and you see that as an example COUNTER to a liberal media??? That's clueless even for you...

That second to last image is photoshopped pretty poorly.

I generally do agree that the majority of the protestors had a peaceful message in mind. It only takes a couple of bad apples, though, and the pie goes to shit.

The media is ignoring embarrassing protests against Obama after he helped them overthrow Gaddafi and you see that as an example COUNTER to a liberal media??? That's clueless even for you...

What are you talking about?

I generally do agree that the majority of the protestors had a peaceful message in mind. It only takes a couple of bad apples, though, and the pie goes to shit.

So you are saying the first two with the thousands of people weren't photo shopped?

And what about that Fox headline?

Benghazi, Libya (CNN) -- Ten days after four Americans were killed in their Libyan city, hundreds marched in Benghazi and took over the headquarters of a radical Islamist group tied to the attack.
Thousands of protesters had taken to the street earlier Friday, loudly declaring that they -- and not those behind last week's deadly attack -- represent the real sentiments of the Libyan people.

Libya: Protesters condemn attack on U.S. Embassy, attack headquarters of Islamic supremacist group

BENGHAZI, Libya — Hundreds of protesters angry over last week's killing of the U.S. ambassador to Libya stormed the compound of the Islamic extremist militia suspected in the attack, evicting militiamen and setting fire to their building Friday.

In an unprecedented show of public anger at Libya's rampant militias, the crowd overwhelmed the compound of the Ansar al-Shariah Brigade in the center of the eastern city of Benghazi.

Ansar al-Shariah fighters initially fired in the air to disperse the crowd, but eventually abandoned the site with their weapons and vehicles after it was overrun by waves of protesters shouting "No to militias."

"I don't want to see armed men wearing Afghani-style clothes stopping me in the street to give me orders, I only want to see people in uniform," said Omar Mohammed, a university student who took part in the takeover of the site, which protesters said was done in support of the army and police.

LIBYA-THANKS-OBAMA.jpg

LIBYA-FANTASTIC-FOUR.jpg

I have to admit, I was kind of surprised that Libya would turn on Obama after thanking him in a way they never thanked President (you killed my uncle) Bush in Iraq, although Bush did get at least one gift thrown his way, a slightly used pair of shoes.

So watching Morning Joe, when Joe tried to score political points going after President Obama but former President Clinton wasn't having it. He went on about the protest I HAD HEARD NOTHING ABOUT from the so-called "liberal media".

Yet, somehow, the worlds dumbest internet poster heard about the protest the media is ignoring.

I noticed that, too. The sign has fake written all over it.

There is already a thread on Lybians protesting and rallying against the attackers, which is great. I saw a yahoo headline yesterday where Obama admitted that it was more than a group of demonstrators gone bad, but stopped short of calling it what it was- a terrorist attack.

Now today, the yahoo headline says Obama warns that we will do as we must with Iran. I just hope he doesn't think the solution is more kissing up.

This is good news that all of Libya isn't spoiled with the anti-American rhetoric.

I was actually just looking for a place to post this same exact story.

However, unlike, Rderp, my thread wouldn't have made the false claim of the media not reporting on it.
Or would it have included a poorly photoshopped image.

:salute:

LIBYA-THANKS-OBAMA.jpg

LIBYA-FANTASTIC-FOUR.jpg

Yet, somehow, the worlds dumbest internet poster heard about the protest the media is ignoring.

Heard about it from former President Clinton. Then you heard about it from me.

LIBYA-THANKS-OBAMA.jpg

LIBYA-FANTASTIC-FOUR.jpg

If you go back and look you will see there was a thread about the protests a few days ago, I even commented on it. that blows your timeline to hell, and it doesn't even include where I heard about the protests.

LIBYA-THANKS-OBAMA.jpg

LIBYA-FANTASTIC-FOUR.jpg

I heard about it from a Tweet posted by Marco Rubio

so NAH!
:p

Forum List

Back