So...Bush has trouble speaking?

Jimmyeatworld

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2004
America
A lot of places I go I see all these funny little quotes that are credited to President Bush. A few of these are real, but most of them are things people made up and credited to Bush.

I did a little looking around, some on the internet and some in my own memory, and came across a few quotes some people may or may not have seen. No, not Bush quotes, these are quotes from some others. Just a little humor for your day, though some of them are aren't so funny when you think about it.

"We're going to move left and right at the same time."
- Jerry Brown, former Governor of California

"You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say."
- Bill Clinton, former U.S. President

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet" - Al Gore

"I didn't realize I was in a Buddhist temple." - Al Gore when asked about his illegal fundraising activities that took place in a Buddhist temple.

At an event in Las Vegas, Al Gore declared, "Breast cancer victims face a long waiting line before getting a biopsy or, uh, or a uh, another kind of thing. A sonogram or..." People in the crowd shouted, "Mammogram!"

Criticizing Bush's Social Security privatization plan at a rally in Tennessee, Gore said, "He is proposing to privatize a big part of Social Security and he's proposing to take $1 trillion, a million billion dollars out of the Social Security trust fund and give it as a tax incentive to young workers." A trillion is one thousand billion, not a million billion.

"I would say that anything that is indecent and violent in TV is a crime against humanity and they should shoot the head man responsible." - Ted Turner, Media Mogul

"I'm not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers. We are the president." - Hillary Clinton

"Give Bill a second term, and Al Gore and I will be turned loose to do what we really want to do." - Hillary Clinton, former first lady, at a Democratic fundraiser.

"What we have is two important values in conflict: freedom of speech and our desire for healthy campaigns and a healthy democracy. You can't have both." - Dick Gephardt, Missouri representative

"How can a guy this politically immature seriously expect to be president?" - Franklin D. Roosevelt, Jr., assessing John F. Kennedy's chances in the 1960 U.S. election.

"I have no political ambitions for myself or my children." - Joseph P. Kennedy, 1936

"The President has kept all the promises he intended to keep." - Clinton aide George Stephanopolous

"I have often wanted to drown my troubles, but I can't get my wife to go swimming." - Jimmy Carter (I'm not so sure about that one, but thought it was funny)

"Any political party that includes the word 'democratic' in its name, isn't." - Patrick Murray

"I do not belong to any organised political party: I'm a democrat." - Will Rogers

"I actually did vote for the $87 billion, before I voted against it." - John Kerry, on voting against a military funding bill for U.S. troops in Iraq

"We are in a three-way split decision for third place." - Sen. Joseph Lieberman, on his fifth place finish in the 2004 New Hampshire primary

"Not only are we going to New Hampshire ... we're going to South Carolina and Oklahoma and Arizona and North Dakota and New Mexico, and we're going to California and Texas and New York! And we're going to South Dakota and Oregon and Washington and Michigan. And then we're going to Washington, D.C. to take back the White House, Yeeeeeaaaaaah!" - Howard Dean's Iowa concession speech

"A new survey found that 62 percent think Al Gore looks better without his beard. Not only that, 92 percent of Americans think the beard looks better without Al Gore." - Conan O'Brien

"It's kind of ironic. He always wanted to distance himself from Bill Clinton. Now that he's out of politics and overweight, he is Bill Clinton." - Jay Leno, on Al Gore

"Can you believe there's only two days left in the Clinton administration? Boy, time flies when you're having sex." - Jay Leno

"I voted for the Democrats because I didn't like the way the Republicans were running the country. Which is turning out to be like shooting yourself in the head to stop your headache." - Jack Mayberry

"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country." - Marion Barry, Mayor of Washington, D.C.

Originally posted by nycflasher
Hey, Jimmy Eat World used to be my next door neighbors.:cool:

I picked that name because of that song "In the Middle", since I'm usually pretty middle of the road. But, with guys like John Kerry taking the lead on the left I'm starting to try and hide that fact that I do have some liberal views. Shhh.

Funny guys. dont you love it? all politicians have their gaffs.

funny thing is. I dont think Bush has trouble speaking. He is usually well thought out and very articulate. he stutters sometimes but then who doesnt from time to time. i mean when you are talking to the public as much as he does im sure everyone will stutter at some point.

kerry on the other hand i think is a bad speaker. He doesnt think out what he says. He contradicts himself within a couple sentences. he doesnt seem to be able to speak sincerely and from the heart.

Forum List

Back