So Biden Had A Choce

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Of being Secretary of State or Vice President. That's what his wife Jill just said on Oprah. Where would Hillary be if he had chosen SOS?

:razz:

Make that Biden Had A Choice

Willow I found this interesting as well. It makes me wonder if Obama would have gotten around to Hillary for VP.

Biden is a bit too far to one side for me, but, I like the guy. I like the fact that he does put his foot in his mouth from time to time and doesn't sweat it.

Were you watching? Did you hear the audience reaction. Methinks this was a huge faux paux.

Biden shushes wife after secretary of state slip

WASHINGTON – Joe Biden's wife said Monday that he had his pick of being Barack Obama's running mate or the secretary of state nomination that eventually went to Hillary Rodham Clinton, a slip that the vice president-elect immediately tried to shush.

Jill Biden's comment came during an appearance with her husband on "The Oprah Winfrey Show," taped at Washington's Kennedy Center on the eve of the inauguration.

Biden shushes wife after secretary of state slip - Yahoo! News

IMO Hillary has it in her to be a much better SOS than Biden. However, we will need to wait and see which Hillary shows up. But, she is capable. And a couple things to her credit, she can fight and she is a very hard worker.

Gayboy, at some you and Obama are going to have to get over Bush and face reality. Good luck on that.

I had the unpleasure mistake of meeting Joe Biden at a meet and greet. Let me tell you all one thing, he only was thinking one thing the entire time! I wanted to slap him and say I'm not Monica!

I had the unpleasure mistake of meeting Joe Biden at a meet and greet. Let me tell you all one thing, he only was thinking one thing the entire time! I wanted to slap him and say I'm not Monica!

Gee, that sure slaps down his all American ride the train home family man image, doesn't it!

I only wish there was video tape of it! It turned my stomach! I was talking about a serious issue with Education and all he wanted to know over and over with him 1 inch from my face and his arms all over me if I was going to continue with him on the trip!

Biden the busted weather vane of American politics. If you aren't sure if it is right are wrong watch Biden if he does it it is either wrong or some one else made him do it.

Imagine this conversation in the Oval Office a year from now.

VP Joe: Mr. President you never listen to my advice, never.

Obama: Nonsense Joe I always listen to your advice and study it carefully and...

VP Joe: Forgive me for interupting Mr. President , but you have yet to do one single thing I advised you to do.

Obama: Joe, Joe, Joe, just how stupid do you think I am? You are nearly indispensable to this presidency. The fact that you are almost always one hundred percent wrong has saved me so much wasted effort in chasing down blind alleys that I can scarcely thank you enough for your service but to actually do most of the things you advise would be the political equivalent of trying to cut my own head off with a rusty hammer.

Last edited:
I only wish there was video tape of it! It turned my stomach! I was talking about a serious issue with Education and all he wanted to know over and over with him 1 inch from my face and his arms all over me if I was going to continue with him on the trip!

Biden is from the area where I live so he's a very familiar face to me. I've always gotten a skeevy, dirty old man creeper vibe from watching him and thought I was nuts. I have no specifics, just that gut instinct feeling. Thanks for sharing your story; guess I should trust my gut more.

Forum List

Back