So barry how's that arab spring working out for ya

117617931__01_361463c-434x350.jpg

Egypt and the Death of the ‘Arab Spring’

December 4, 2012
By Robert Spencer

Nearly two years after the “Arab Spring” began in Egypt, the nation’s Muslim Brotherhood president has arrogated to himself dictatorial powers, and is ramming through a new constitution that will effectively extinguish the last vestiges of Egyptian democracy and establish Egypt as a Sharia state. Just as I said back in January 2011, when the uprisings against Mubarak began, for the people in Egypt who had real power to affect change, the “Arab Spring” was never about democracy and pluralism, despite the ululations of the Western press; it was always about imposing Islamic law upon Egypt. And now, with the new constitution, here we are.

The Associated Press reported that the draft constitution “largely reflects the conservative vision of the Islamists, with articles that rights activists, liberals and Christians fear will lead to restrictions on the rights of women and minorities and civil liberties in general.” They have every reason to fear, for the constitution reflects in numerous particulars Sharia restrictions on their rights.

---
Egypt always faced a Hobson’s choice: Mubarak’s repressive regime, or the stifling oppression of Sharia. The Western analysts who hailed the “Arab Spring” were always whistling in the dark. The new constitution realizes what was always the destiny of the uprising against Mubarak, though hardly any Western commentators realized it at the time, and those who did were dismissed as “fearmongers.”

It isn’t “fearmongering” if the threat you’re warning about is real.

Egypt and the Death of the ‘Arab Spring’

Yeah, Barry should be able to control everything that goes on in every other country.

Idiots.

unAmerican jihad, you're embarrassing with that avatar. No matter what, you'll never be Matt Damon.

Why don't you ask an Israeli.

The Arab Spring is exactly what the Neocons were attempting to incite with their invasion of Iraq. Now that it is happening they want to blame Obama because it can't be controlled from Washington.

This can't be laid at "Barry's" feet, dipshit.

Yeah, Barry should be able to control everything that goes on in every other country.

Idiots.

unAmerican jihad, you're embarrassing with that avatar. No matter what, you'll never be Matt Damon.

STFU you old geezer, I'M using a liberal to kill a liberal symbol, "metafore"...

Hey remember when you ratted me out for using the word Pedophile, you should use the USMB search and check it out, Ya got a lot of snitching to do...:eusa_shhh:

The Arab Spring is exactly what the Neocons were attempting to incite with their invasion of Iraq. Now that it is happening they want to blame Obama because it can't be controlled from Washington.

Jerkwad, you should dig in you'll find out a lot of liberal groups helped start the arab spring like code pink...

code pink and arab spring - Google Search

I like the sound of this one...

Marxists/Muslims Arab Spring Code Pink Bill Ayers Bernadine Dohrn
Marxists/Muslims Arab Spring Code Pink Bill Ayers Bernadine Dohrn « Romanticpoet's Weblog

Oh Ya, welcome aboard...:D

Last edited:

Jerkwad, you should dig in you'll find out a lot of liberal groups helped start the arab spring like code pink...

Marxists/Muslims Arab Spring Code Pink Bill Ayers Bernadine Dohrn « Romanticpoet's Weblog

...:D

And? That's utterly irrelevant to what I stated, child.

Let's have you be just a little less stupid from here on in, hmmmm?

There's a good little girl.

Another typical liberal
bullshitanimicon.gif

Another typical liberal
bullshitanimicon.gif

Liberal? LOL!

You known nothing of my political leanings, child, other than I pointed out the truth to you and you ran from it like a frightened toddler.

Please try harder to appear less of an idiot.

Idiots.

STFU you old geezer, I'M using a liberal to kill a liberal symbol, "metafore"...

Hey remember when you ratted me out for using the word Pedophile, you should use the USMB search and check it out, Ya got a lot of snitching to do...:eusa_shhh:

Jackass. :cuckoo:

Well,

What Bush did was a risk and that's so because islam is a religion based on a totally different mindset opposite of the west. This religion wants its people to be uneducated(ones life based around a god) and violent. You see the 1,400 year history of islam is all about forcing other people to convert or die....

You can't honestly tell me that the west would be enjoying the freedom it does today if they had taken europe. Bush did fuck up and Obama is just making it a bigger one.

I haven't paid much attention to the media lately. Has anyone heard Obama speak out on the latest protests in Egypt? Obama was quite vocal in support of the last protests and the Muslim Brotherhood taking over. Is he still supportive of the people there or was he more supportive of the MB? Clearly, Morsi is far more cruel and oppressive than Mubarak. I'm surprised it took the people this long to start protesting the guy. So, whose side is Obama on this time? I'm really curious.

Forum List

Back